South Pittsburg

kingbrian3

Just want to know how good South Pitt will be this season. One of the premier Class A programs in the state, it should be about time for them to start another solid run. How many players do they have out? Who are the top players? What are their strengths and weaknesses? Will they win their region?

Edited by kingbrian3

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just want to know how good South Pitt will be this season. One of the premier Class A programs in the state, it should be about time for them to start another solid run. How many players do they have out? Who are the top players? What are their strengths and weaknesses? Will they win their region?

825689213[/snapback]

Mt. Pleasant scrimmaged them and from what I hear SP wasnt very impressive.

825689213[/snapback]

If the roster I have from last season correct the Pirates lost around 10 or 12 players to graduation including I think four or five offensive & defensive lineman. I think there QB was also a senior? They however should have one of the top recievers in the state in Antonio Robinson.

Coach1, I guess it depends on where you get your info, I heard South Pitt handled Mt. Pleasant that scrimmage. But who knows it was just a scrimmage.

825689355[/snapback]

I was there and other than the first play from scrimmage and a couple lob passes to the big South Pitt receiver the Mt. Pleasant defense dominated that scrimmage. South Pitt scored a couple on the MP jv squad but only once on the first teamers.

Coach1, I guess it depends on where you get your info, I heard South Pitt handled Mt. Pleasant that scrimmage. But who knows it was just a scrimmage.

825689355[/snapback]

From where I set South Pittsburg had their way with them and that was with their sopomore qt as Mathews was sidelined. MP didn't get a first down for 15 or 20 minutes. So if it was their second team they must have played them first.

How do you have your way with a team when your fist team offenese never scored. On the first offense series for s. pitt, they moved the ball, but if I'm not mistaken, they fumbled inside their ten. Thats having your way. And after the second team scored a couple of times on the Tigers second team, the first teams came back out and MP walked on s.pitt. Several players from s. pitt had to leave the field, if I'm not mistaked, MP scored two unanswered touchdowns where you seen the physical domination of the Tigers.

It's a scrimmage, who dominated who doesn't matter. About 13 years ago Sequatchie scrimmaged Knoxville Central at Baylor, played equally and I believe tied two scores each....Sequatchie was 4-6 at the end of the year and Central, with Todd Helton, made it to the state semis in Class AAA. Scrimmages are just about getting players work, seeing who can step play from the previous season, trying new plays, etc.

Its true that a scrimmage is just a scrimmage, but after talking with one of the coaches at SP shortly after the scrimmage, I found out the entire staff was very impressed with how well the Pirates played. After what would be considered a very subpar season for a program like SP in 2004, things are looking up again for the Pirates in 05. As for the score I was told 2-1 MP, and that both defenses looked very impressive. Take it for what its worth, but thats my side of the story.