Weight Room Numbers!

M_Gregory_78

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

footballscout,

When you say someone runs in the 4.7 area, what exactly does that mean? 4.7 to 4.79, I would guess.

My next question would be if the young man benches 355, and he says when the shoulder gets better. Showtime5 did you squat 605 with a bad shoulder? Next did you PARALLEL squat 605 or did you just get it off the rack, move a few inches, then put it back on the rack?

bbs

footballscout,

When you say someone runs in the 4.7 area, what exactly does that mean?  4.7 to 4.79,  I would guess.

My next question would be if the young man benches 355, and he says when the shoulder gets better.  Showtime5 did you squat 605 with a bad shoulder?  Next did you PARALLEL squat 605 or did you just get it off the rack, move a few inches, then put it back on the rack?

bbs

825694971[/snapback]

I was wondering the same thing about the squat, if he went down all the way or also if he used a straight bar or a safety bar. Safety bar squats allow you to do around 100-150 lbs. more than your regular squat max. Of course I know 2 people who have done 600 while in high school. Riverdale's Jamal Price did that as a sophomore in 2000; if you don't believe me look up the results on their website.

I really hate these kind of threads. People are always getting on here and b.s.ing about maxes and saying people are doing unbelievable maxes.

footballscout,

When you say someone runs in the 4.7 area, what exactly does that mean?  4.7 to 4.79,  I would guess.

My next question would be if the young man benches 355, and he says when the shoulder gets better.  Showtime5 did you squat 605 with a bad shoulder?  Next did you PARALLEL squat 605 or did you just get it off the rack, move a few inches, then put it back on the rack?

bbs

825694971[/snapback]

im am one of his good friends and i watched him get 355 and that was befor he hurt his shoulder and when he got that on squat it was befor his shoulder was hurt

No way any of this is true. Well I take that back, I honestly believe Kyle can get 400, and their whole line might bench over 3, but no way Seth is getting 355 and squating 605, he's no where near big enough to get that!  I seen him today and he might weigh 180 pounds, I'll believe it when I see it.

825694549[/snapback]

there is no way u know for sure if ne of that is true so y dont u stop sayin stuff that u have no clue about cause i have saw him with my own eyes get both of them and just cause u dont think it is true dont mean that its not and u have no idea if it is or not so if i was u i would just stop talkin bout stuff i didnt know bout

there is no way u know for sure if ne of that is true so y dont u stop sayin stuff that u have no clue about cause i have saw him with my own eyes get both of them and just cause u dont think it is true dont mean that its not and u have no idea if it is or not so if i was u i would just stop talkin bout stuff i didnt know bout

825695419[/snapback]

Typing eubonics , how quaint.

Have you guys ever wounder if his shoulder was hurt because he is trying to lift to much weight? Lifting your one rep max is not the way to get stronger.

825695626[/snapback]

its always nice to see how much weight u can do just 1 time...1 strong burst of energy to see how much u can do....and if u didnt max out u wouldnt have state records on weight lifts :P ...RECORDS ARE MADE TO BE BROKEN thumb

Edited by GCPioneer

Have you guys ever wounder if his shoulder was hurt because he is trying to lift to much weight? Lifting your one rep max is not the way to get stronger.

825695626[/snapback]

True, but there is a certain amount of pride you have when you can improve your one rep max and be able to say, "hey, I lifted that much weight!"

In many cases, guys are strong in the weightroom but on the field they are terrible. I also know of guys that are not that strong in the weightroom but are strong on the field. So you really can't go by this stuff even though some people like to think so. The same goes with 40 times. Some players have fast 40s but they are not as fast in game situations. Sometimes you will see players with slow 40s but on the field they are blowing people away.