CoachT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it must seem crazy not to pick Maryville to win it but I really do believe that Central can pull ito off this year..They are about due aren't they...I know the Red Rebel defense will be one to recon with again this year and the offense will be good but not like in the past...Central has returned a lot of players including that monster defensive end they had last year and Zach Helton ofcourse...My gut feeling is that Central will pull out the upset!!!!

here's my 2 cents worth:

1. Maryville - as usual. Better find a quality QB - if it's the kid from Halls, they could be in trouble - He has too left feet

2. Central - to be da man, you got to beat da man. Central has not beat Maryville since the quarter's in 99

3. Halls - last team to beat the rebels in regular season (I think). New coach, new offense, lot of returning starters. Don't oberlook my debils.

4. Powell - Could pass Halls for third if they win at Halls. Home team in this game usually wins.

5. Lenoir City - Will shock people when they move up to 4a.

6. Knox West - Could wind up 4th, if they can find a QB and RB's to replace their dynamic trio from last year.

7. Clinton - Nobody really cares - but they do have the 2nd best athlete in the region returning at QB.

8. South Doyle - Same old story as last year - worst team in the region, makes no difference if 5a or 4a.

signing off - BBS

I know it must seem crazy not to pick Maryville to win it but I really do believe that Central can pull ito off this year..They are about due aren't they...I know the Red Rebel defense will be one to recon with again this year and the offense will be good but not like in the past...Central has returned a lot of players including that monster defensive end they had last year and Zach Helton ofcourse...My gut feeling is that Central will pull out the upset!!!!

825694761[/snapback]

The Bobcats return 18 starters from last year, and should be favored on paper to win the region, they play Maryville and Powell at home and that should be an advantage, however the RedRebels have reloaded before, and out of respect for the defending State Champs they deserve to be the favorites until somebody proves otherwise.

As for the defensive end, you are speaking of, Orlando Blair is NO monster, He is about 160 lbs soaking wet. He is very quick and the D coordinator plays him at end to pressure or "Crash". He Wasnt very effective against The better teams like Maryville and McCallie.

The Bobcats return 18 starters from last year, and should be favored on paper to win the region, they play Maryville and Powell at home and that should be an advantage, however the RedRebels have reloaded before, and out of respect for the defending State Champs they deserve to be the favorites until somebody proves otherwise.

As for the defensive end, you are speaking of, Orlando Blair is NO monster, He is about 160 lbs soaking wet. He is very quick and the D coordinator plays him at end to pressure or "Crash". He Wasnt very effective against The better teams like Maryville and McCallie.

825694875[/snapback]

Orlando has the potential to be very special. He should be snagging passes on the O team too, IMO.

It's my belief that you're the best until someone proves it wrong...I know it shocks your pants off pig, but I'm goin with the Rebs.

not sure why... :):P