:lol:  B)  :)

When I stop laughing, I will post my opinions about that!!

825700009[/snapback]

Actually with 277 HR right now at the age of 28, if he stays healthy, he will at least get 600 and prolly make a run at 700!

But I think the person that has the best chance to give Bonds a chase is Alberet Pujols!

Edited by gotmilk?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually with 277 HR right now at the age of 28, if he stays healthy, he will at least get 600 and prolly make a run at 700!

But I think the person that has the best chance to give Bonds a chase is Alberet Pujols!

825700058[/snapback]

I'll give you 600, just becasue of longevity of career, but not 700.

I read an article the other day about Jones that talked about how he had played for 10 years and never stepped up to the "next level." Maybe this is the time he is finally stepping up to the hype and potential that surrounded him back in the mid-90s.

As for Pujols.....it would be nice but I forsee more of a Musial career for him if he plays in St. Louis the whole time. Never truly appreciated for how good he was because he didn't play in New York.

I'll give you 600, just becasue of longevity of career, but not 700.

I read an article the other day about Jones that talked about how he had played for 10 years and never stepped up to the "next level."  Maybe this is the time he is finally stepping up to the hype and potential that surrounded him back in the mid-90s.

As for Pujols.....it would be nice but I forsee more of a Musial career for him if he plays in St. Louis the whole time.  Never truly appreciated for how good he was because he didn't play in New York.

825700077[/snapback]

I doubt Barry Bonds will pass Hank......

I have noticed that! It seems most things you type are pretty cheesy! :blink:

825700038[/snapback]

Hahaha....my fiance says the same thing.

825700058[/snapback]

I have no doubt in my mind that he could make 600. Like you said, though, he has to stay healthy. There is absolutely no way that he will break bond's record.....period. I really don't even think that Pujols will do it either. I can see him coming pretty close, but not ever getting there (as far as single season HRs). Bonds did it on the juice, so his record doesn't stand very strong in my books.

825700085[/snapback]

You are very correct. In the words of Dana Carvey....."Not gonna do it".

I have noticed that! It seems most things you type are pretty cheesy! :blink:

825700038[/snapback]

Hahaha....my fiance says the same thing.

825700058[/snapback]

I have no doubt in my mind that he could make 600. Like you said, though, he has to stay healthy. There is absolutely no way that he will break bond's record.....period. I really don't even think that Pujols will do it either. I can see him coming pretty close, but not ever getting there (as far as single season HRs). Bonds did it on the juice, so his record doesn't stand very strong in my books.

825700085[/snapback]

You are very correct. In the words of Dana Carvey....."Not gonna do it".

so first yall said Andruw isnt all that he was made up to be but then you say you think he'll hit 600 hr's :blink: . thats quite a contradiction you got there cause 600 is some very, very elite company.

anyway, he has been far from a dissapointment...the man has averaged over 30 homers the past 8 years and looks like a sure bet to hit 45-50 even if he does cool down a little in the second half. not to mention his defense...him, Edmonds, and Torri Hunter are in a class of their own when it comes to defense in the outfield. a wall full of gold gloves, 4 allstar appearances, should have 300 hr's after this year....all of this from a man thats only 28 and he still isnt good enough for some people. yalls hero Jim Edmonds is 7 years older and only has about 40 more hr's.

so first yall said Andruw isnt all that he was made up to be but then you say you think he'll hit 600 hr's  :blink: . thats quite a contradiction you got there cause 600 is some very, very elite company.

anyway, he has been far from a dissapointment...the man has averaged over 30 homers the past 8 years and looks like a sure bet to hit 45-50 even if he does cool down a little in the second half. not to mention his defense...him, Edmonds, and Torri Hunter are in a class of their own when it comes to defense in the outfield. a wall full of gold gloves, 4 allstar appearances, should have 300 hr's after this year....all of this from a man thats only 28 and he still isnt good enough for some people. yalls hero Jim Edmonds is 7 years older and only has about 40 more hr's.

825700207[/snapback]

I just love Edmonds for his fielding ability. He's an above average hitter, but nothing great. When he's hot at the plate, there is no one better. But when he's cold, there is no one worse. A fantasy headache to say the least!

I still say that Jones has underachieved to this point, and I really wish I could find the Bill Simmons' article that talks about it as well. As I said earlier, maybe he has finally stepped up to the next level of a player, but we'll only know that if he does it for a couple of seasons. Also let me note that my saying he can make 600 home runs is purely assuming he plays a minimum of 10 more years. I don't see him getting above 290 total this season.

I just love Edmonds for his fielding ability.  He's an above average hitter, but nothing great.  When he's hot at the plate, there is no one better.  But when he's cold, there is no one worse.  A fantasy headache to say the least!

I still say that Jones has underachieved to this point, and I really wish I could find the Bill Simmons' article that talks about it as well.  As I said earlier, maybe he has finally stepped up to the next level of a player, but we'll only know that if he does it for a couple of seasons.  Also let me note that my saying he can make 600 home runs is purely assuming he plays a minimum of 10 more years.  I don't see him getting above 290 total this season.

825700313[/snapback]

So you are saying that Jones will only hit 13 HR's in the final 79 games of this season? Thats is insane, his history shows that he is always better the second half of the season and I dont think there is any reason to believe other wise this season! Look for Druw to hit 50 this season!

So you are saying that Jones will only hit 13 HR's in the final 79 games of this season? Thats is insane, his history shows that he is always better the second half of the season and I dont think there is any reason to believe other wise this season! Look for Druw to hit 50 this season!

825700355[/snapback]

I was thinking he was on 267, please excuse me, my mistake there.

Ok, he won't get to 300 this year, is that better?

because Jones, Floyd, and Burrell all have a higher batting avg, more hr's, more rbi's....Cabrera and Griffey Jr. have the same amount of hr's with more rbi's and a higher avg....Carlos Lee is barely behind in ba and is way ahead in hr's and rbi's. what other reasons does it take for you to wake up and see the obvious.

825698374[/snapback]

There's more to it than average, HR's, and RBI's. Edmonds is a Gold Glove centerfielder, while Floyd and Burrell are below-average DH's trying to play the field.

Edmonds' offensive skills are underrated when you only look at avg/hr/rbi. Cliff Floyd's and Pat Burrell's are overrated a bit.