Season Opener Best Match Up....

volman47

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ramtrain give it up you guys had many chances in the past before Ooltewah started to get any recognition and couldn’t beat us then so what makes it any different today. Tyner is good don’t get me wrong and I hope they do well but I really don’t think they could beat Ooltewah. On the other note who said that you have to have a D1 prospect to win a State title the last time I checked each team play eleven on each side of the ball how many Riverdale players are playing in the SEC this up and coming year? Oh yeah I don’t know anything outside of Ooltewah though do I? Red Bank won a State Title with what only one SEC player that’s simply amazing. Alcoa should be ranked over Riverdale Nationally with all this hype shouldn’t they? Riverdale would have beat  Alcoa bad believe that because that is the real reality.

825697919[/snapback]

No one said anything about Alcoa beating Riverdale, I just said Alcoa would beat Ohs hands down. Riverdale is a very good team who said they wasn't??? Ohs you can't even mention them in the same breath w/ Riverdale it isn't fair to Riverdale.

No one said anything about Alcoa beating Riverdale, I just said Alcoa would beat Ohs hands down. Riverdale is a very good team who said they wasn't??? Ohs you can't even mention them in the same breath w/ Riverdale it isn't fair to Riverdale.

825697927[/snapback]

How do you know Alcoa could beat Ooltewah? Do you just have a gut feeling because I don’t think they will face each other this year? I really what to know how you can come to this conclusion and may ask your advise for the winning lottery numbers for this weekend and if I win I will make sure I'll get you something real nice.

lol. ALCOA is a great team and Ohs mite be to but i have one question??? have u ever heard the saying it only takes one of night? alcoa has alotta talent and alotta players going to go to college and play and Ohs mite be good but come on alcoa has like 5 SEC calliber players. how many does ohs have? and alcoas supporting casts is pretty good. i like there QB myself. Lindsey is going to Tennessee is anyone from Ohs going????? lol alcoa is therefor better

lol. ALCOA is a great team and Ohs mite be to but i have one question??? have u ever heard the saying it only takes one of night? alcoa has alotta talent and alotta players going to go to college and play and Ohs mite be good but come on alcoa has like 5 SEC calliber players. how many does ohs have? and alcoas supporting casts is pretty good. i like there QB myself. Lindsey is going to Tennessee is anyone from Ohs going????? lol alcoa is therefor better

825698032[/snapback]

ohs has plenty of players that will be playing on saturdays, dont you worry about that..best talent doesn't mean anything anyway, look at the new york yankees, enough said

Are you insane or just ignorant these two teams combined have more seniors than the teams you mentioned whole squad. As for athletes they are solid all away through and have potential to make it to the big dance. These teams will be in the top 10 in 5A all through the season. I would go as far to say they would pour it on these teams and make them look like cupcakes because they are that GOOD. Maryville is the only question mark and the only one.

825697810[/snapback]

alcoa doesnt just have 6 players out there by themselves...like you said it takes 11 but i think alcoa plays well together as a team and a team is hard enough to beat...and sayin that the 4 teams would luck like cupcakes....hmmm....i think smith county mentioned that about fulton last year...was it close...oh wait maybe it was macon county 2 years ago...what was the score? oh yea 26-0...what was the final of the championship last year when we were predicted by many to lose 34-6...we were supposedly cupcakes to those teams too...not disrespectin any of the above teams mentioned just tryin to prove a point...

Fulton vs Austin East week 1 at AE

Maryville vs Alcoa week 1 at Alcoa

these 2 are prolly the best openers in the state thumb

How do you know Alcoa could beat Ooltewah? Do you just have a gut feeling because I don’t think they will face each other this year? I really what to know how you can come to this conclusion and may ask your advise for the winning lottery numbers for this weekend and if I win I will make sure I'll get you something real nice.

825697932[/snapback]

I've watched both teams play last year and LIKE I SAID I AM NOT AN ALCOA fan but I'm just stating an honest opinion. Ohs is a solid team no more than that. Alcoa on the other hand is a loaded team. They won't play this year your right but if they did I would bet my entire 401k that Alcoa would win by at least 10 or more and remember I'm not a Alcoa fan. Alcoa went out this year and sought after the toughest teams in the eastern side of the state ( outside of ORHS & DB ) to play and Ohs wasn't one of the teams they sought after that's b/c they wanted to play the elite programs ( Maryville, Fulton & McCallie ) are all on their schedule this year.

ohs has plenty of players that will be playing on saturdays, dont you worry about that..best talent doesn't mean anything anyway, look at the new york yankees, enough said

825698047[/snapback]

Best talent on the professional level doesn't always mean championships your right but usually on the high school level and lower, talent usually prevails. Does Ohs have anyone that will sign major D1 this year? D2 and UT-Chatt and NAIA don't count...

Edited by youthfootballfan0123

Alcoa will lose to McCallie and Maryville and like you said hands down this year.

So let’s put it to the test Oak Ridge is better than Maryville this year.

Ooltewah is just as good as Oak Ridge this year and as good as or better than McCallie.

Both OR & OHS return 75% or more of their starters from last year both teams made it to the playoffs with OR finally getting beat by Riverdale by what they said was the toughest game of the year for them. This is coming from a Riverdale team that honestly was probably the best team ever to play the game in State history. Ooltewah lost to DB in the first round 21 to 14 with still three key injuries suffered from the Oak Ridge game. One did not play at all and the other two were our FB and RB that were on limited status which were key players for Ooltewah’s heart and soul running game.

I clearly can’t see Alcoa beating Ooltewah at all and I would go as far to say they would not finish in the top four in our Region and that’s Region 2 5A if you need some help.

About DI players I do believe Ooltewah has a few, in my personal opinion that could play on the next level but being realistic the odds of them making it are very slim. I do see Ooltewah producing a record amount of scholarships this year but where is yet to be determined. Honestly I think it is an honor to each student athlete that gets a scholarship to play football at any college or level because they have been recognized for their achievements on the field and in the classrooms.

Spencer Gilmore at Oak Ridge will most likely not go to a Major College but I can tell you this I would take him in a heartbeat because he plays the game the way it is supposed to be played all heart and nothing left behind. He reminds me of Patrick Flanagan of Ooltewah and did he go to a Major College no he went to UTC but do I think he could have played at UT yes he could have. The problems today with most top programs are that they go for athletes that have all the talent but don’t have it between the shoulder pads where it counts the most.