New Macon County Football Coach

rambot

Anyone heard anything about the manhunt for a new head coach at Macon County High School?

825698693[/snapback]

:( It's a shame the way the Macon County program operates. Get something headed in the right direction, then a small group destroys it.

Macon County had a good coaching staff. For the past 4 or 5 years they had made a big change in your program. For those of you that have caused this to happen, maybe now you will appreciate what you had.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know everyone is upset about all of this but we just have to move on. Whats in the past is over and we have to get on with this season. Well have a coach before the start of practice and well all have to work hard cause we have some tough games ahead. Forget about the parents boosters pee wee coaches and lets just play ball.

825698935[/snapback]

amen...

Dyer Says Goodbye to Macon County

I have sat here and read what has been posted on coacht and I read what little there has been in the local papers, and now I have read the Tennessean article. I thought something was fishy and figured parents were trying to run the program. I remember well last season when Coach Dyer did not coach two games to be with his son during his senior season and there was a story in the local paper about how some parents got upset. I have coached for the last 7 years and plan on coaching much longer and I have had to miss things that I have wished I could have done but I had to be with my teams. I have known coaches who have done the same. Coaches when we take a job we agree that we will have to give up a lot of things and a lot of family time. But there are certain things that come once in a life time. Such as the birth of your child and their senior year in school. Pat was at Macon County for 6 years. He had to miss every football game his son played in during the regular season for 4 years, how bad would it be for a parent to take off from their job and go watch their child play in two of the biggest games of his senior year. I mean how many parents in Macon County had to take off early to drive to Knoxville for a playoff game? How many have taken days off to go to camp and watch their child play? Coaching is a job not like any other, but that is why has a head coach you surround yourself with great assistants that way if you cannot be at a game expected or unexpected they can handle it.

As far as the playing time problem, that is what a coach does they put the best players on the field to help the team win whether it be a freshman or a senior. It is a shame that the Central Office and Board of Education cannot back a great man and a great coach.

Anyone heard anything about the manhunt for a new head coach at Macon County High School?

825698693[/snapback]

Well I have heard a little of this and a little of that so it isn't all fact but I heard something about a Coach Scott and a Coach Dobbs trying for head coach I have no clue who they are. I think someone should try for this that isn't from here and is a bad*** and don't care who is who here cause they wouldn't know who anyone is and then the talent would be playing rather than a name. Our first game is a month from Tuesday and practice was susposed to start Monday so time is running close. I think all hope isn't lost yet cause those boys are mad and I mean mad and they very well may pull this season off with surprises.

Well I have heard a little of this and a little of that so it isn't all fact but I  heard something about a Coach Scott and a Coach Dobbs trying for  head coach I have no clue who they are.  I think someone should try for this that isn't from here and is a bad*** and don't care who is who here cause they wouldn't know who anyone is and then the talent would be playing rather than a name. Our first game is a month from Tuesday and practice was susposed to start Monday so time is running close. I think all hope isn't lost yet cause those boys are mad and I mean mad and they very well may pull this season off with surprises.

825699153[/snapback]

Coach Dobbs from Trousdale County??

I really hate to hear about what all has happened in Lafayette. I don't know what is going on at the central office, or with the parents of Macon County's football team. I do know that whoever is to blame for this, obviously doesn't care anything about integrity, professionalism, and winning a football game. I feel for all the players at Macon County High School, as well as for Coach Dyer and his family. Is Goolsby still on the staff at Macon County?

I really hate to hear about what all has happened in Lafayette.  I don't know what is going on at the central office, or with the parents of Macon County's football team.  I do know that whoever is to blame for this, obviously doesn't care anything about integrity, professionalism, and winning a football game.  I feel for all the players at Macon County High School, as well as for Coach Dyer and his family.  Is Goolsby still on the staff at Macon County?

825699525[/snapback]

Goolsby went to Watertown.

I'm happy for the coaches maybe their at places now where they don't have to put up with all the nonsense. And as far as the pee wee coaches it's not them it's just a certain few who happen to coach pee wee who are whining and complaining about it so they go and complain and when they got a good friend of theirs on the school board it helps them out. But if their so great and since they seem to know how to run a program and what to do why don't they go and get their teaching degree and coach I bet the state titles would really be rolling in then.