Rebels93

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try this site:

Palmetto Football Talk

825700200[/snapback]

It is owned by the Spartanburg Hearld Journal. Try going to www.goupstate.com Go to Sports then high school sports. The site is in my opinion not as good as this one b/c of all the garbage post on there. Thanks for the info and I look forward to coming up to Nashville. Did you check out Byrnes' website? www.rebelstdclub.com

It is owned by the Spartanburg Hearld Journal.  Try going to www.goupstate.com    Go to Sports then high school sports.  The site is in my opinion not as good as this one b/c of all the garbage post on there.  Thanks for the info and I look forward to coming up to Nashville.  Did you check out Byrnes' website?  www.rebelstdclub.com

825700561[/snapback]

Yes, it's very impressive. It looks like Byrnes has quite a strong following and well run TD club.

To our friend in the Palmetto State,

As a fan and alumnus of MBA I am extremely excited about Byrnes coming into town. I am also extremely concerned. Concerned that your QB seems well on his way to becoming an All-American, concerned that your offense appears to be similar to the Trinity scheme that last year shredded our returning secondary, concerned that ya'll are heading this way with positive confidence from your 7v7 exploits. We at MBA have a tendency to schedule the toughest opponents possible for each week of the season. Ya'll are no different. We've also been hit or miss in the Week 0 games of recent years -- Trinity trounced us last year, avenging a loss from a 2003 team that should have been in the USAToday Top 5 (ahem BA Reg. Season Debaucle) -- 2002 I don't recall but I think we lost because we didn't peak until the final weeks of the schedule-- 2001 was the post-Ingle Martin era and a subsequent waste of a season -- the 2000 trip to Jacksonville was unforgettable, a Bolles team in a monsoon that whipped our butts up and down the field (even though we technically won due to forfeit), again avenging a loss to another nationally ranked 2000 squad.

With that being said, and that's saying alot, I wouldn't have it any other way. You just don't get national recognition playing patty-cake teams. Our scrimmage against Murfreesboro Riverdale should be a good barometer as to how our guys handle pure, unteachable speed (my Spartanburg fraternity brothers tell me ya'll have plenty of that). As for handling speed through the air-attack, we won't truly know how that goes until ya'll take your first snap because Riverdale runs the pigskin off the ball. I can't wait until kickoff and people start hitting each other in the mouth. Good luck with summer workouts and two-a-days.

Edited by BamaFaninTN

Chattcity I did not play in 2002. That was the year I graduated. I quit while I was on top after my sophomore season -- a euphemism for the fact that I was very ordinary on the field.

If it's true Rankin no longer wants to scrimmage MBA then that is a shame because it is without a doubt the most highly anticipated scrimmage of the summer. It has better attendance than a lot of the non-DII events I have been to. It would also widen the gap of doubt as to who is perennially the best team in the state -- that matchup in the regular season would be too wild, and it would be a great revenue draw, they could undoubtedly pack the stands.

As for MBA's attendance, it's pretty awesome in size but pretty tame on the decibel level. They travel in big numbers and they're knowledgeable about football but they're not going to cause your left tackle to miss the snap count. The student section gets pretty rowdy but on occassion they get distracted by the miniskirts -- it all depends on what kind of spirit the senior class has.

Edited by BamaFaninTN

IMO MBA will take an average of 250-350 fans on the road to a city like Memphis or Knoxville. They will have an attendance figure of aprox. 2000 for a home game against a good D2 team. They seem to be well supported by their alumni, student body and parents but very few sidewalk fans support them. They do not draw like one of the big county schools, Cincinnati Moeller or Louisville Trinity.

Edited by cbg

IMO MBA will take an average of 250-350 fans on the road to a city like Memphis or Knoxville.  They will have an attendance figure of aprox. 2000 for a home game against a good D2 team.  They seem to be well supported by their alumni, student body and parents but very few sidewalk fans support them.  They do not draw like one of the big county schools, Cincinnati Moeller or Louisville Trinity.

825700994[/snapback]

1.jpg

AND

header_right.gif

are both large private Catholic schools...not county schools

Edited by Antwan

I heard Rankin doesn't want to scrimmage MBA anymore....is this true???

825700849[/snapback]

Another website lists a Riverdale-MBA scrimmage for August 5; however, I do not see it listed on either the MBA or Riverdale websites. Maybe TDCman or another Riverdale fan can comment.

It does appear that MBA will scrimmage Ravenwood and Goodpasture. Both should be good scrimmage opponents, particularly Ravenwood. I think Ravenwood will make some noise in DI-5A this year.

Edited by rollredroll