KOC Football KIL Jamboree

splainshornet

Predictions anyone for the Jamboree? (Just for fun since the games don't mean squat)

Quarter 5: Powell

825703652[/snapback]

Hold up now, don't get me started on this predicition.. I know these games don't mean anything but don't pick those Roadrunners to lay down against Powell. I can't believe my eyes!! You pick Powell over AE, you just wait until I see..

But at least you pick WEST :lol:

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What good is the Jamboree anyways?? I mean yeah its great for all the fans to come out and to get to play at Neyland and all but for the players its just like a tease and IMO injuries could happen like last year Lee Smith from Powell got injured and i think some other kid got his shoulder dislocated on another team....so yeah its fun and all but i dunno chances for injuries is too risky....also is playing in it voluntary or not?

I agree w/ all but qrt. 4 & 9...I believe Halls beats Webb and CAK definitely gets by King's Academy

825703703[/snapback]

Thank you I don't know what the other guys are thinkin picking King's over CAK. I play for CAK and go to church with King's Academy's starting quarterback and we had a conversation about Jamboree last week. He said their strategy is to run every play in order to run the clock out so we don't rack up more than 21 points on them. He also said he might throw an interception my way to pad my stats. Of course he is joking, but when the starting qb has confidence like that I don't know that King's has a chance at all. Whoever picked King's over CAK is ignorant to lower class football, no offense to King's. This supports my case: Last season CAK beat Tennessee Temple 63-33. Last season Tennessee Temple beat King's 52-0. I wish King's the best of luck with a growing program but this quarter should not be close.

What about Bearden? So they've had a rough past few years ... but why does everyone overlook them? 3A football is a joke compared to 5A. Fulton needs to watch out for the Dogs in the jamboree. They could be a dark horse this year. With a new offensive coordinator and a new mentality they could make it back to the top.

3A football is a joke compared to 5A.

825704622[/snapback]

Could you explain to this board why you think this? Add about 1, 000 or 2, 000 more students in these 3A schools they'll be playing 5A too. There's no difference between a 5A and 3A school. The only diference is the number of students in the school building. Point BLANK!!!

I agree w/ AE. I do think 5A has alot better teams overall who can play. Good 3A teams, like Fulton and AE, can compete with most teams in the state. BHS might be better this year, but in Murphy Fair Book, they are ranked to finish last in a Region that is not that strong. Region 1-5A has only team who gets past the first round every year. But the jamboree is always fun. Most teams, such as Farragut, don't play the starters but maybe 5 to 10 plays. So sometimes the jamboree doesn't show anything really about how good a team will be.

Could you explain to this board why you think this?  Add about 1, 000 or 2, 000 more students in these 3A schools they'll be playing 5A too.  There's no difference between a 5A and 3A school.  The only diference is the number of students in the school building.  Point BLANK!!!

825704631[/snapback]

I'm gonna disagree. By sheer numbers and a larger population base to draw from, these team are better. Physically, I don't believe the best of 3-A can come anywhere near the best of 5-A and even the middle to lower teams of 5-A can match up well against a good 3-A team. 4-A against 5-A is not such a stretch, but c'mon, you and me both know that 3-A teams do NOT have the guns to line up against 5-A. How many 5-A teams does say Fulton and AE line up against over the course of the season? In fact, I even believe AE and Fulton to be exceptions to 3-A football as Maryville is to 4-A. Fulton and AE do get decnt numbers, but the key to their game is athletes and speed.

bhsfootball,

If what you say is true then how can a AA private school like Webb beat a 4A school like Powell. If I remember correctly my debils beat Farragut just a couple of years ago.

Fulton and AE would have trouble if they had to play a full 5A schedule. Now I said trouble, didn't say impossible. If Fairygut and Bearden are so tough then why don't they play Fulton and AE. Clue: they don't want to lose to a team that is 2 classifications lower then they are.

bbs

Farragut is scrimmaging fulton after 2 a days, and farragut called fulton to scrimmage. Also Farragut beat AE last year in a scrimmage at Central. AE top players didnt perform as they would to most 3A teams, but them and fulton are the only teams in 3A who i think can stay in the ball game with top notch 4A and 5A teams.