KOC Football KIL Jamboree

splainshornet

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I play for Farragut and I have to say the Fulton game wouldn't have been close if it was a real game and 4 quarters. Bearden had no idea what was going on when they were out there for defense. Fulton's D isn't to much without their leader, Tyonne Cobb. He is the back bone, and when he gets back, Fultons D will be back I am sure. But Bearden can't play dirty, they are just not good enough. But 2 Fulton players knocked the heck out of Beardens QB one play and i mean ouch. But the best two teams in knoxville play aug. 26, Farragut Vs. Central at Farragut. Good luck to all teams this year.

Yeah, Cody did only spin moves...except for the play right before the 40-yard TD when he bulldozed 1 of AE's DB's about 6 yards backwards

825715224[/snapback]

Nah I wouldn't say he went back 6 yards if I'm not mistaking I think both players fell down after your boy tried to run over one of the DB's. But if you want to call him one of the best players by all the spin moves he had, go ahead. Real Men RUN people over not spin around them. This is Football not basketball leave the juke moves on the court not the field.

I'm sure if AE would've wrapped up, Cody wouldn't have been such a highlight last night. The best of luck to the Panthers, I'm sure Cody won't be able to do all that spinning in a real game.... I'll be at the Central/Powell game so we'll see.

Edited by AERoadrunners

WILL MAURICE DAVIS EVER DO ANYTHING OTHER THAN WIN THE HALF TIME SPRINT.WHAT A WAIST OF TALENT.

825715364[/snapback]

You're a MD hater and the season hasn't even started yet. As you know he played behind Lil Albert the last couple of years and now Alwood isn't there anymore so this is MD's yeart to shine. Give him a chance he'll be fine remember AE opens this coming Friday so I don't think Coach Graham was trying to show a lot..

if this if that whatever roadrunner. Ur boys couldnt do anything to stop cody last night bottom line. And ur right both guys did fall down on that play cody tripped over ur boy after he ran him over. That collision wasn't a tie i promise. And I'll call him THE best player on the field last night cause he was. Theres not even a question as to who the best player was last night. your right had the roadrunners been able to tackle cody he wouldn't have been the highlight, well news flash if we would have scored more points then maryville last year we would have beaten them. Wrapping up is part of the game and watts is difficult to tackle that is part of what makes him great.

As for ur comment about him not being able to spin in real games, two points...he only spun one time and the jamboree is a real game for one quarter i was out there and when ur out there it feels like friday nights ur not thinking about just getting through it u want to win. The roadrunners are a solid team but on this night cody watts showed that he would not be stopped period and he made a whole lot of people believe everything that ive been saying on these boards for a long time.

Good luck roadrunners u guys are a class act i didn't hear one word of trash talking and i didn't see a single cheap shot. The roadrunners are for real and are gonna be a force in 3a football this year. Good luck to u and again if theres any update on the injured young man i would love to hear it.

As for ur comment about him not being able to spin in real games, two points...he only spun one time and the jamboree is a  real game for one quarter i was out there and when ur out there it feels like friday nights ur not thinking about just getting through it u want to win.

825715383[/snapback]

If you really think that Cody spun one time, you need to go back and watch the film. Every time he was under pressure, he SPUN out of it. Check it out! Yes, I know wrapping up is part of the game, if you notice I said Coach Graham will handle that Monday at practice. He knows the Roadrunners didn't do a good job of wrapping up and I'm sure he's going to stress that at practice.

As for as Powell goes, the only thing I'm hearing is CODY this and CODY that. IF he's going to be your team, I guess yall better get ready for basketball now :unsure: But it was good to see an underclassman pancake your "all american" Lee Smith. He was mad after that play he tried to cry to the ref but the ref just laughed.

Thanks for the love however I think you all will need to find some more playmakers. 1 person can't win a championship.

AERoadrunner: This going back and forth with these Powell people is getting a little ridiculous. I saw the Watts kid and he definitely impressed me. Whether he spun, ran-over, hurdled, juked or did the electric slide down the field doesn’t matter...the number one thing is getting to the end zone, and he did that piece quite well. So give him his due. Sounds like sour grapes on your part. Let it go!

As for My Falcons...They seem to be coming along quite well and, as usual, showed great athletic ability on some key plays, coupled with some fierce hits and de-cleaters. I have been on both sides of those plays (I played in a game against Alcoa in the late 80s, in which B Williams and S Mitchell where laying crack-backs almost every play--we had players dropping like flies and we all were a little woozy after that one) and I would have rather been on the "crack-back" side of that one...especially when they replay it on the jumbo-tron.

I really enjoyed the pageantry of the jamboree. It is refreshing to have such a great event to celebrate Knoxville football. All teams should be proud!