15U AAU National Championships

Seems like  Pride played better game than Flight against Fecor  65-61  --Heard it was tied most of game.

Looks like Pride's plan almost paid off. Kudos to the coaches--Looked like 2nd place anyway looking at brackets online and fresh legs against Fencor--Pretty Savy Coach Hayes. Heard you were at least top eight team.

825706337[/snapback]

Not sure where you heard this, but they finished tied for 17th as I see it. They lost in the round of 32, 16 teams advance from that round which leaves all the losers from that round tied at 17.

TN Flight lost in the round of 16 which left them tied for 9th.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Deliberately forfeiting a game but should not be condoned, whatever the reason.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the aau website says that the tn flight finished in a 4 way tie for 13th position. someone posted the individual scoring for all the flight games except for the game that they lost to fencor. Can anyone post the individual scoring efforts of that game also?

Not sure where you heard this, but they finished tied for 17th as I see it. They lost in the round of 32, 16 teams advance from that round which leaves all the losers from that round tied at 17.

TN Flight lost in the round of 16 which left them tied for 9th.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Deliberately forfeiting a game but should not be condoned, whatever the reason.

825706496[/snapback]

I'll find out more about this when my girl and her family get back home, but I'm still trying to figure out why it is allowed to start with. Can they use any excuse, or does it have to be an "excused absence?" As in transportation, etc. Not just, "Hey we won't be there."

I'm not a Shelbyville or Nike fan but at least they played the teams in their pool straight up without dodging or forfeiting to anyone. Backing out of a scheduled game deprives the other team of a chance to play that game and thus cheats them. If you are a good team play as they come don't try to dodge anyone.

It is not savy to allow someone else to not be able to play so that you might be able to dodge someone that will beat you until a latter round.

I think it says more that Shelbyville was on time and showed up to play when and who they were suppose to. Losing with dignity beats losing without dignity.

825706474[/snapback]

There should be something in the AAU "Manual" about this subject. What does it say?

There should be something in the AAU "Manual" about this subject.  What does it say?

825706909[/snapback]

What I am referring to is the by-laws every AAU team has to abide by. I believe there is a pretty thick book of rules and regulations. Is this subject covered anywhere? If so, where and what does it say?

HA. Everyone can be mad against the Pride if they want to for forfeiting. You can blame it on them being scared, tired, or their lack of dignity if you want, but the fact still remains that they played Fencor better than anyone else could have in that tournament. If you want to you can give the Flight all of your dignity if you want to, but try and remember who gave Fencor a run and who got waltzed on. Obviously the opinion of all us common people really isn't what's important here, but what the recruiters thought of the games that were played and the Pride played a good game. That's all there is to it.

HA. Everyone can be mad against the Pride if they want to for forfeiting.  You can blame it on them being scared, tired, or their lack of dignity if you want, but the fact still remains that they played Fencor better than anyone else could have in that tournament.  If you want to you can give the Flight all of your dignity if you want to, but try and remember who gave Fencor a run and who got waltzed on. Obviously the opinion of all us common people really isn't what's important here,  but what the recruiters thought of the games that were played and the Pride played a good game. That's all there is to it.

825709679[/snapback]

Seems like another hotmouth teen spouting off again. I wish sometimes that these boards were for adults who know what they are talking about. It doesn't matter if the game was close, you guys still forfeited the first game and lost the second game to Fencor. Win is a win and a loss is a loss NO matter the score and a chicken is a chicken and a duck is a duck, till the chicken wants to duck out then he is still just a chicken. Whose to say that if Pride had of played Fencor the first time, maybe it would have been a blowout, maybe not. Never know now, will we. We will see where the recuiters are next year. Also, you shouldn't know what the recuiters thought or said, can't talk to you just yet. Better luck next time.

Just a fan of the game of basketball. But it sad to see things like this happen and everybody goes along with it.

Just a thought. How would you feel if the doctor that is about to cut you open cheated on his test in school and got his degree by just sliding though. Would you feel ok with that. Will I hope you live to though it.

No that game was not that important but what does it say to the girls or everybody esle how to go about things. They put these games together for a reason. The best and toughest team get it done. Now that not saying that the girls wanted to miss that first game it was up to the coaches.

I guess if you can live with what happen then OK

Just a fan of the game of basketball.  But it sad to see things like this happen and everybody goes along with it.

Just a thought.  How would you feel if the doctor that is about to cut you open cheated on his test in school and got his degree by just sliding though.  Would you feel ok with that.  Will I hope you live to though it.

No that game was not that important but what does it say to the girls or everybody esle how to go about things.  They put these games together for a reason.  The best and toughest team get it done.  Now that not saying that the girls wanted to miss that first game it was up to the coaches.

I guess if you can live with what happen then OK

825710013[/snapback]

I have only heard good things about Team Pride. Sounds like you are very bitter about something. Chris Brown is a class act and it sounds like you are calling him a cheater. I believe you sound like a HOTMOUTH teen and not the all knowing adult you proclaim to be.

Edited by briank

I saw the Fencor teams and Fairfax play, no team from TN was even close to their level of play. Although, Fencor didn't play their best game and had to come from behind to beat Team Pride. The TN teams would be able to compete for a national title they would consolidate their efforts versus being divided and making these types of post toward each other. If I'm not mistaken Pat Summit and Geno were at every Fencor and Fairfax game, wouldn't it be great if they made these types of efforts to come see a team or young players from TN?

People and parents have to put aside their differences and LOOK AT THE BIG PICTURE.

I saw a post on the national AAU web site that stated that Fencor and Fairfax have had almost the same core roster since they were 10U. Can anyone name one team in TN that has done this? They have kept the BEST talented players on the BEST team with the best coaches. This why they are always at the top, they have parents, players and a community that keeps focused on what it takes to be a National Champion and compete at Nationals.

Arguing amoungst ourselves will never get any team from TN there, it will only result in further division.

I have only heard good things about  Team Pride.  Sounds like you are very bitter about something.  Chris Brown is a class act and it sounds like you are calling him a cheater.  I believe you sound like a HOTMOUTH teen and not the all knowing adult you proclaim to be.

825710023[/snapback]

I'm an adult I think, and don't have an interest in either team but ducking is ducking and is not at all fair to the other team who traveled to play and was scheduled to play, they lost a game they were entitled to play. And who knows maybe they would have beaten the Pride anyway. But at least it would have been an honorable way to handle the concept of a tournament which is to play who and where you are suppose to.

As far as TN goes the point about posting is true it does no any good to go back and fourth about the issue but it also does TN reputation or the Prides any good to forfeit by choice in a national tournament.

I'm an adult I think, and don't have an interest in either team but ducking is ducking and is not at all fair to the other team who traveled to play and was scheduled to play, they lost a game they were entitled to play. And who knows maybe they would have beaten the Pride anyway. But at least it would have been an honorable way to handle the concept of a tournament which is to play who and where you are suppose to.

As far as TN goes the point about posting is true it does no any good to go back and fourth about the issue but it also does TN reputation or the Prides any good to forfeit by choice in a national tournament.

825710049[/snapback]

Ill say this...my child would never play for a coach that dodges another team. That sends the wrong message. Teams drive and fly from all over to play in this tournamment. Alot of money is spent, and to forfiet to a team, where they dont get a game in, is obsurd. Its not fair to the girls, or the coaches that may have come to that particualr game. Isnt the name of this team. Tennessee "Pride." Where is the "Pride" That does not represent TN very well at all.