East Tenn Scrimmages

JC4life

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is quite a funny post.  Powell Valley is a very good scrimmage opponent.  The Powell Valley Vikings are 7 time Virginia State Champions and have produced several D-1 players throughout the years including the Jones brothers.  Julius of the Dallas Cowboys and Thomas of Tampa Bay.  I'm not even going to harp about the quality of Va. athletes as compared to Tn. athletes.  Everyone knows the story there.  Just check D-1 college rosters and do the math.  Just because a school is smaller in student population doesn't mean they won't kick your tail on the football field.  Ask Tn. High fans what happened the last time they visited little ole Gate City just a few years ago.  I'll tell you what happened..........they stopped scheduling them.  And by the way, while Gate City was kicking Tn High's tail, they were getting their own kicked by Powell Valley.  Now, with all this being said, Tn High is probably better than P.V. this year.  But, normally, PV has the upper hand.  As down as PV is, this will still be a good scrimmage.  To make a long story even longer, this was a good choice by Stubbs and Co.  thumb

825707232[/snapback]

True statement. I watched Powell Valley and Gate City play twice last season, first hand and in person. For 1A Schools it is unbelievable what they put on the field. Easily either team would have finished 2nd in Region 1 5A last season. Oh, they were big enough to play with the DB Indians up front, but they did lack just a little speed. So, they would have finished 2nd in Region 2 5A last season also, behind Oak Ridge.

Who ever wrote that Powell Valley was a joke to schedule, the joke is on you, and you look bad.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

Coach Reid has been selected to attend the NFL High School Coaches' Convention or something like that as the TN representative Aug. 5-7, I think in Michigan.  Heard something about it on the news Wednesday.  Also, I doubt Alcoa would want to scrimmage Tyner since they could possibly meet up in the playoffs.

825707205[/snapback]

...That game would not take place until the last weekend in November...(four months away)...don't really understand that logic...but anyway looking forward to the A-E/Tyner scrimmage thumb

...That game would not take place until the last weekend in November...(four months away)...don't really understand that logic...but anyway looking forward to the A-E/Tyner scrimmage thumb

825707339[/snapback]

No sense in tipping your hand till you have to.