Bradley Central

bradleybears2004

Well I hate to hear that for Dean but sounds like he wasn't getting the job done. Is he still in the school system or has he moved on. I'm an ex teammate of his from TN Tech and he played ball over there for McMinn co. I think.

825706601[/snapback]

Dean has taken an assistant's job at Ooltewah under new head Coach Benny Monroe who came out of retirement to take over a supposedly loaded Owls team. Ooltewah's former coach went into private business following last season.

Dean a great guy but just couldn't seem to get it done for BCHS. As for the early reports about the Bear program, well....they certainly have lots more guys out this year vs. last and they do have a lot of size and speed in the so-called "skill" positions. The potential is certainly there to have a much better season than the last few. But "potential" means that you haven't done anything yet. So we'll see how it goes.

By the way, Warren County and their 39-game losing streak came calling on Bradley for that opening game at Warren County. The Bears will be on the road 3 weeks (at Warren County, at Cleveland and at Oak Ridge) followed by an open week before starting the home season.

Look for the Bears to show major improvement this season. Whether that translates as wins or not remains to be seen, but Coach Allen sure seems like just what the Bears needed to turn things around.

Good luck this season!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dean took a job in Georgia at Armuchee with former McMinn coach John Mullinax. They coached together for several years at McMinn County.

825706670[/snapback]

Thanks JB for the info. Maybe he can retire down there. I hear the money scale for teachers and coaches is way above the Tenn. scale. Good luck to your team this year. thumb

This is coming from a guy that doesn't even play football... Funny!

825706800[/snapback]

I don't play football either anymore, I now get to watch my son play and yes there are (2) freshmen 6-5. one weighs 260 the other 245. Watched them both in practice this week. Now add the other 6 or 7 that are over 6' and 200lbs and you get BB04's drift. (Huge)