The Official St. Louis vs. Atlanta Thread

I figured since they were playing this weekend and most people that post here pledge allegiences to one of these teams, we might as well have one thread for the upcoming weekend series.

Both teams have had more than their fair share of injuries this year, yet they bost the two top records in the NL as of today and this could be a preview of some mid-October baseball. The Cards pitching lineup looks to be Mulder, Marquis, and then Carpenter. Who will the Braves be throwing?

It looks to be a good series. Anybody going up for it?

Let the good-natured trash talk begin! thumb

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be there.  My cousin and I are hitting the bars, then the games, then the bars again.  Looking forward to it.  Unfortunately the Braves will take the series due to all of the injuries to the Cards, but it will still be entertaining.

825708460[/snapback]

Well looky there......A Cardinals fan actually admitting that the Braves are gonna whoop the Cardinals this weekend........

Not quite, but we are realzing what it is like to play with 50% of your opening day roster on the DL. thumb

825708618[/snapback]

and you think the Braves haven't been going through that this year..............lost 3 starting pitcher for almost a month and Chipper Jones for 2 months ........75% of there lineup was made up of rookies........

All I am going to say, is the last time theses two teams faced off, that Atlanta was starting abunch of rookies due to the injury bug and still took 2 of 3 from the Cards! I think with the Braves Rooks and the Cards expierence, it will still be a good series!

825708634[/snapback]

You also had Raul Mondesi. The ONLY positive thing he did in a Braves uniform came the night I was in Atlanta when he hit the walk-off homer. The two guys I was with were laughing more than cheering.

But for what it was worth, Izzy was on the DL then and the bullpen was out of whack.

It'll be a good series.

Braves all the way, it was the Cardinal fans who actually thought the Nationals would win the East. Anyone that knows anything about the Braves is that they play their best ball after the all-start break. Why do you Cardinal fans complain about injuries it is part of the game, that is why you should have a great farm system like the Braves. Maybe if you had a better GM and front office personel you would have rookies producing for you.

You also had Raul Mondesi.  The ONLY positive thing he did in a Braves uniform came the night I was in Atlanta when he hit the walk-off homer.  The two guys I was with were laughing more than cheering.

But for what it was worth, Izzy was on the DL then and the bullpen was out of whack.

It'll be a good series.

825708675[/snapback]

Maybe since Atlanta had an unfair advantage of having Mondesi, MLB will give the Cards a mulligan on that game? ;)

Braves all the way, it was the Cardinal fans who actually thought the Nationals would win the East. Anyone that knows anything about the Braves is that they play their best ball after the all-start break. Why do you Cardinal fans complain about injuries it is part of the game, that is why you should have a great farm system like the Braves. Maybe if you had a better GM and front office personel you would have rookies producing for you.

825708680[/snapback]

Do what?

Jocketty is considered to be one of the best GM in the game by many today. I am scared to death that when Cashman finally gets canned or tells The Boss what he can do with himself, that the Yanks are going to come calling.

Have you not seen what we have been playing with? We're basically playing with Memphis plus Pujols, Grud, and Ecketein lately. And we just went 4-2 on a West Coast trip. Who's complaining? And believe me, the Cards teams from 85 and 87 can tell you all about injuries being part of the game.

Edited by Solomon