Predictions For Waryburg vs Oneida

superdude12

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My heart tis you naught broken, BDpride75. I also, for the record, didn't feel the Dogs faired very well last year so it surprises me to know that their entire line was recognized for post-season awards. Who else is in your region? No disrespect, but if your line was as good as you say, then your backs must have really stunk. When Oneida won the State Championship in '92 I believe we only had three All-Region linemen. Are you guys certain your not thinking about the All-County Team? I doubt seriously that the size of your linemen will intimidate the Indians since they play teams with big lineups on a regular bases. These dudes better be real Earthmovers or the Coach Lambert Defense will feast on the Bulldog runners. Later, Bro!

thumb Kaz thumb

Edited by kazam37

So.....what teams are in Region 2AA? :( Pardon my asking again, I'm searching for the quality of teams that are in your region. Congradulations on the success of your offensive line play. Obviously a group that should dominate in the trenches this season. Hope they are fast, too, because you can't tackle what you can't catch. I still think Oneida's speed overall will be the deciding factor in the game. They have pretty quick and active LB's.

thumb Kaz thumb

ALCOA IS 2AA. so is louden sweetwater. region 2AA is one of the toughest regions to win with alcoa. AS for oneida and wartburg my predication is still wartburg. and super ray played more then just kicker and the kid they brought in was a soccer player and was his only year at wartburg. The kid deserved to play and did a good job. ANd as for the seth comment we will see ive seen him run-over brandon warren, and dustin lidsey two really really good players.

Wartburg is in an absolutely brutal region... playing Alcoa, Loudon, Sweetwater, Rockwood, CAK, and Oliver Springs not to mention the non-region games against Coalfield, Knox. Catholic, and Oneida means it's going to probably be a long season in Wartburg. You guys have a pretty decent line, I WILL give you that... BUT you need help on every other side of the ball so unless you have a lineman that can play in the backfield or at receiver, then I REALLY don't think Wartburg is going to have a good season record wise.

Wartburg played better tonight at Sequoyah than they did back in the spring and I saw much improved play from the offensive line with several pancake blocks. Seth George hit the hole hard and had some nice runs, while Justin Goodman and Travis Nelson each ran the ball well. The Bulldogs could be the surprise team out of Region 2-AA. Remember, no one expected them to make the playoffs last season, and most people have written them off this year before the season has even started.

Well kazam, we actually had 8 All-Region players last year. 5 will be returning for this year. Kyle Lamance was All-Region Off. Lineman of the year, while Chad Sills earned it for guard, Jamy Gibson earned it for Center, and Tom Lecomte earned it for LB, but is the tackle as well. Also, we have Travis Nelson, who earned athlete on the offensive side of the ball in the region. The other tackle is just as capable of getting All-Region this year. This is all done in the toughest region in AA. Alcoa, Sweetwater, Rockwood, Loudon, Oliver Springs, and CAK. Loudon and CAK replaced Harriman this year. Also, the bulldogs will be honoring Coach Jim "Hoot" Gibson on the night of this game.

I'm not an Oneida fan or a Wartburg fan, but I am a Coach Wampler fan. He was one of my coaches last year at Campbell County. He is one heck of a coach. He knows what he is doing. On either side of the ball. He pitched 5 shutouts last year as a d coordinator and I look for him to put up some big numbers on offense this year. Mark my words.

I watched the Oneida/Oliver Springs scrimmage Friday nite and if the Indians are going to win at Wartburg they had better play D because they looked very ragged on the Offensive side of the ball. Very little pass blocking keep Lambert running for his life most of the nite. I hope someone tells the new Offensive Cord. that Lewallen and Spradlin are both good Fullbacks and it's okay to use them in the backfield. I did not see Oneida go to a two back set at any time but I did miss Oneida first trip with the ball.

Oneida did look good on D for the most part with a few breakdowns which is to be expected this time of the year, but will not be allowed to happen by Coach B and Coach L. as the season progresses.

Good Luck to the Indians, I think it is going to be a great year with the new staff. thumb