who do you think is the best wide reciever?

joeboxxer047

Mtnman, your assessment of Seth is probably right on. He could find himself caught in the middle. He has good speed, but probably not good enough to be a wide out, if he played TE, which he has expressed interest in doing, he would need to gain some weight, 215 is too light for that position. ON the positive, he is only a junior and has been lifting seriously for only about one year, we will have to wait and see how this year turns out.

Baldcoach, I appreciate your comments, and your unbias opinion. Caleb's love is basketball and he is glad he made the decision he made.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not a Temple coach or fan, but I can tell you that Skogen was the real deal.  Ask any of the kids we coached on the All Star team. 

He is going to Mercer b/c he wanted to play Basketball I believe.

Patrick Turner was one of the top recruits in the COUNTRY...any reciever with offers from UT, USC, Miami, and multiple others is simply the best around.  No one in Tennessee had the kind of offers he did, so I hardly think comparing anyone with him is valid.  Skogen was good, good enough to play college level Football (personally I would say DII, maybe Iaa if he gained some weight and got stronger).  He chose Basketball.  Quit being jealous.

825718261[/snapback]

Believe me buddy, I have no reason to be jealous..... :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...
I dont know how many times Ive heard that before.  Yes more than likely coming from a bigger school there are prob more stand out athletes.  But how can you rule out the smaller school players?  A good player is a good player no matter what class he is in.  Will his stats prob be better in a smaller classification...yes more than likely.  Last time I checked a stand out player isnt determined by what kind or size of team they play on.  HAVE YOU SEEN THE KID PLAY IN THE FIRST PLACE ???? That is all that matters. Because if you have , you would be able to tell hes def. an athlete , and  if he did play in a bigger class he would still be an very good player and a threat. And if you havent your just running your mouth.

Maybe you should call and give your wise advice to the college coaches that call and ask about him.  I mean why would they wanna recruit somebody that plays on a small 1A team?  Maybe you could put some sense into them.  thumb

825714154[/snapback]

there is a difference in seeing a decent receiver dominate slow, smaller DBs in a smaller class and seeing that same person step onto a real field of competion. don't get me wrong im not downing small-class ball. there are some good players, but i'm tierd of everyone singing praises of someone who has a good game against teams that couldn't keep up with most schools JV teams.

good players are good but bottom line there is just no comparison between classes

Now that Temple is in region play you can't take anything away from individual performances unless you take them away from EVERY KID IN THE REGION which I don't think anyone will do. As a sophomore seth was 2nd in the city in recieving yards and catches- and he was second to....oh yea his older borther who broke every receiving record in chattanooga- so not bad for a sophomore - I would say he is one of the best in chattanooga-

He has good speed, but probably not good enough to be a wide out

Fred Blientkoff (terrible speller) one of the BEST wide recievers ever played at Florida State and for the Oakland Raiders... HAD NO SPEED what so ever......

Being a "great" wide reciever doesnt mean you have height or speed it means you can catch and you run clear clean crisp routes everytime.

Only thing Speed is good for is prolly the deep ball.... and not as many deep balls are completed as shorter ones are at any level