Aloca vs Oak Ridge Scrimmage

OwlFB2005

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I get sick and tired of you talking down to Alcoa FB!! You make it seem like the Mighty Rebs are loaded with D-1 talent!!! Tell me a few names because I haven't heard of any that are being recruited heavily!! And what do you mean "one or two great years"? If I'm not mistaken Alcoa has what.....6 gold balls and the Rebs have 8!! So don't act like Alcoa doesn't have a winning tradition!! You always degrade Alcoa, but you try to make it seem like you're not and I'm tired of hearing it!!! I can't wait til the 26th!!! :lol:

825713267[/snapback]

I am sorry your are sick and tired, get some sleep and eat better.

Where did I say the Rebs are loaded? In the past 10 years the Reb's have proven you don't need high profile players to win in High School. The commuinity effort of hard working kids who think and work as a team will win the majority of tiime.

When I said one or two years I ment lately, like in the 2000's.

Your measure of a great team is having a few kids being recruited?

By the way how many former Alcoa players, past ten years are playing D1 Ball????

I don't speak for Maryville I am just a fan with a point of view, I don't really care what your opnion of my view is.

And if you think Maryville is worried about the 26th you are fooling yourself.

Good luck vs. Hopkinsville next week.

i don't understand how SO many people can get SO animated over a pre-season scrimmage.  It's just like talking trash over a video game or something.  Bad attitudes are for the birds IMO.

825713498[/snapback]

I never said anything about the scrimmage! I know both teams stunk it up out there, and FB I never said Alcoa was "Great"!! But you do talk down on Alcoa in most of your most! I give Maryville all the credit in the world, they're a great team any everything but you just keep two numbers in mind and think about it for a min. 300 compared to 1500!! Hopefully Alcoa will come out better than they did last year and Tuesday for that matter!! thumb

If I were Alcoa I would be more worried about a lack of scrimmages than anything else. Havent they had only one? Reid cancelled one last week because he wasnt there. Probably should have let his assistants go ahead with it. The jamboree is friday and next week they start preparing for their first game in KY. Lack of contact with other teams would be more of a concern to me right now than what they did or didnt do against OR. IMO

i don't believe there was a lack of communication with other coach's. No teams wanted to scrimmage us and luckly OR came out and said they wanted to play us. The alcoa boys will be ready for the season, so everybody can stop worrying about us and start preparing for us. Let's get it baby!!

If I were Alcoa I would be more worried about a lack of scrimmages than anything else. Havent they had only one? Reid cancelled one last week because he wasnt there. Probably should have let his assistants go ahead with it. The jamboree is friday and next week they start preparing for their first game in KY. Lack of contact with other teams would be more of a concern to me right now than what they did or didnt do against OR. IMO

825713546[/snapback]

I agree with you on this one! I think Alcoa should have had a few more scrimmages to get back into it! I heard there's a special teams scrimmage with Central tonight, but I'm not too sure! I hope they are ready by next week or it could be ugly! B)

I agree with you on this one! I think Alcoa should have had a few more scrimmages to get back into it! I heard there's a special teams scrimmage with Central tonight, but I'm not too sure! I hope they are ready by next week or it could be ugly! B)

825713671[/snapback]

Yeah that is all I was saying. Once they get going there will be no problem. But the more reps you can get in game type situations the better.

I am sorry your are sick and tired, get some sleep and eat better.

Where did I say the Rebs are loaded? In the past 10 years the Reb's have proven you don't need high profile players to win in High School. The commuinity effort of hard working kids who think and work as a team will win the majority of tiime.

When I said one or two years I ment lately, like in the 2000's.

Your measure of a great team is having a few kids being recruited?

By the way how many former Alcoa players, past ten years are playing D1 Ball????

I don't speak for Maryville I am just a fan with a point of view, I don't really care what your opnion of my view is.

And if you think Maryville is worried about the 26th you are fooling yourself.

Good luck vs. Hopkinsville next week

Well as much as people dont want to admit it alcoa does have a bunch of d-1 prospects with warren already going to fsu and lindsey to ut, and fiegler going to commit to louisville in the next few days. rae sykes has been offered by les miles at lsu and kyrus lanxter will be offered by louisville around the 1st of september. martin white will also receive an offer from wake forest. brian sommer has also been on the early list of steve spurrier. he calls ahs all the time. that being said, d-1 prospects alone dont win games or championships. memphis east and schools like that spit out d-1's every single year but dont win titles and that no disrespect to that program. alcoa is a good team, you dont tell the outcome of a season by the first scrimmage. and its not like they played it close to wartburg or rockwood, it was a 5A power, pre-season number 2. Please correct me if im wrong but didnt oak ridge hand it to maryville last year in a scrimmage and then the rebs went 15-0. so i wouldnt lose it just yet. also if dustin lindsey wasnt a d-1 back then why would everyones beloved vols offer him as a tailback. dont you guys trust mr. fulmer anymore. Mario Cristobol, who is miamis TE coach seems to think that mr. lindsey reminded him very much of a young man named willis. his words not mine. so just let these guys play and we'll just have to see how the season plays out.