Austin Peay

nolesfan

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the update Nolesfan. It sounds like they have a lot of youth, but maybe that youth will give them better depth than they had last year. It seems the defense is way ahead of the offense. I hope the offense can keep the defense off of the field so they can have a better chance of winning a few games this year. How is the Peardon kid doing from Boyd Buchanan. I saw him against CAK two years ago in the playoffs and he was tough. He should give them another good running back to go with Fletcher.

Guest catfish-hunter
Thanks for the update Nolesfan.  It sounds like they have a lot of youth, but maybe that youth will give them better depth than they had last year.  It seems the defense is way ahead of the offense.  I hope the offense can keep the defense off of the field so they can have a better chance of winning a few games this year.  How is the Peardon kid doing from Boyd Buchanan.  I saw him against CAK two years ago in the playoffs and he was tough.  He should give them another good running back to go with Fletcher.

825725981[/snapback]

The starting backfield will likely be Chris Fletcher and Quea Williams. This season alone they have brought in Dontae Northington (Rossview), Ross Coffee (Davidson Academy), Matt Peardon (Boyd Buchannan), and Jason Vanatta (Nashville Christian). Fletcher is still a young cat as well!!!

It sounds to me that the running back situation at APSU is pretty solid for a long time to come thumb

Guest catfish-hunter

I am glad the Govs are young the year before they finally get back in the OVC. That means next year when they are back in the OVC they'll have a ton of guys with of ton of game experience under their belts. MARK MY WORDS: within their first three years in the OVC Austin Peay will win the conference and host a DIAA playoff game in Clarksville!!!!