Austin Peay

nolesfan

Guest catfish-hunter

No chit SHERLOCK!!! I know VERY WELL who coaches them. What was his record last year? ENOUGH SAID.

One game shy of the NCAA Tourney, enough said :o

Numerous OVC titles and NCAA bids under Loos. Not to mention an NIT win in 2004.

You are an idiot, end of story

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest catfish-hunter

Tell me their RECORD. I didn't ask for OVC titles and crap. JUST THE RECORD!!!!!

You want records???? 235-221 is the record I'll give you. That is Dave Loos' all-time record as the men's basketball coach at Austin Peay State University. It ranks in the Top 50 Nationally among coaches, which is pretty darn impressive.

NBA players such as Trenton Hassell (who is currently a starter for the Minnesota Timberwolves) and Bubba Wells (who played for the Mavs and now is back as an assistant at APSU) is pretty impressive for a small program like Austin Peay.

You say fire him???? I say once again that you are an idiot :ph34r:

You want records???? 235-221 is the record I'll give you. That is Dave Loos' all-time record as the men's basketball coach at Austin Peay State University. It ranks in the Top 50 Nationally among coaches, which is pretty darn impressive.

NBA players such as Trenton Hassell (who is currently a starter for the Minnesota Timberwolves) and Bubba Wells (who played for the Mavs and now is back as an assistant at APSU) is pretty impressive for a small program like Austin Peay.

You say fire him???? I say once again that you are an idiot :lol:

So based on that record he is a .500 coach. Which means he wins only half the games he coaches in. I DOUBT VERY SERIOUSLY that puts him in the TOP 50 NATIONALLY!!!!!!!!!

So based on that record he is a .500 coach. Which means he wins only half the games he coaches in. I DOUBT VERY SERIOUSLY that puts him in the TOP 50 NATIONALLY!!!!!!!!!

You gotta understand, APSU isnt going to attract Coach K, Roy Williams, Bill Self, Tubby Smith, etc! Apsu is building a solid basketball program and the main reason why is Loos!

You gotta understand, APSU isnt going to attract Coach K, Roy Williams, Bill Self, Tubby Smith, etc! Apsu is building a solid basketball program and the main reason why is Loos!

I understand COMPLETELY. I know the city of Clarksville like the back of my hand trust me. I know the campus of APSU like the back of my hand. I can't tell you how many times I have been inside the "RED BARN" playing hoops. And for those that aren't familiar with the Red Barn, it is where APSU played hoops long, long ago. So needless to say I am VERY familiar with Dave Loos. He won't go out and hire a very respectable football coach because he is afraid it will take away from his precious basketball. You think I don't know what I am talking about? Go ask him "WHY" he chose the football coach he chose to hire a couple years ago. Why he chose him over the other 2 finalist? Why he chose someone who had never even been to Clarksville? I am sure you won't get the truth. Funny how when they narrowed the coaching search to 3 candidates. And all 3 met with the "Committee". Funny thing is, 90% of the people on the committee had voted on "ONE" particular coach, but Gregory and Loos wanted someone different so that is who they went with. Tell me something...Why do you even have a "COMMITTEE" if after it is a majority vote on who they want as coach, you turn your back on them and bring in someone they didn't want?

RedDevilFever,

What do you think about this years team. You seem to know alot about Austin Peay football. I know there are a few Knoxville boys on that team that are pretty good players, but never get a chance to play. My question to you is why not play the younger players when your getting blown out. How can you improve the program with these younger guys next year when they could be getting valuable playing time. They have a good stable of running backs who aren't playing and the second string quarterback never hits the filed. Whats going on in Clarksville.

RedDevilFever,

What do you think about this years team. You seem to know alot about Austin Peay football. I know there are a few Knoxville boys on that team that are pretty good players, but never get a chance to play. My question to you is why not play the younger players when your getting blown out. How can you improve the program with these younger guys next year when they could be getting valuable playing time. They have a good stable of running backs who aren't playing and the second string quarterback never hits the filed. Whats going on in Clarksville.

Yes there are some Knoxville boys that are at AP but I am hoping they are using thier redshirt season so they will still have 4 years of eligibility left. Jake Mynatt is a very good corner/ WR and also if given the chance will be a VERY good punt returner and kickoff returner for the Govs. I am hoping that since AP is a very young football team that alot are getting redshirt years. As to why the back-up QB doesn't ever see the field ...Dang good question.

RedDevilFever,

Thanks for the comments. Jake Mynatt can help AP on punt returns and kickoffs. Red shirting him this year will allow him to get stronger for next year.

As for your comment on the quarterback you hit the nail on the head. That Cunningham kid could help AP on offense. I have been to three games this year and everybody is loading up to stop the run. Nothing personal about the 1st team quarterback, but three wins this year and three wins last year doesn't merit being left in the entire game. I think the Cunningham kid has been wasted this year and could have won some games and at least kept it respectable in some other games this year. I saw in a earlier comment that McCray was under Sparky Woods. I thought he came from Mississippi State. The type of offense they are running is at best a High School offense. Is this McCray offense or his offensive coordinators. Thanks for the info.

RedDevilFever,

Thanks for the comments. Jake Mynatt can help AP on punt returns and kickoffs. Red shirting him this year will allow him to get stronger for next year.

As for your comment on the quarterback you hit the nail on the head. That Cunningham kid could help AP on offense. I have been to three games this year and everybody is loading up to stop the run. Nothing personal about the 1st team quarterback, but three wins this year and three wins last year doesn't merit being left in the entire game. I think the Cunningham kid has been wasted this year and could have won some games and at least kept it respectable in some other games this year. I saw in a earlier comment that McCray was under Sparky Woods. I thought he came from Mississippi State. The type of offense they are running is at best a High School offense. Is this McCray offense or his offensive coordinators. Thanks for the info.

Sparky Woods was the Offensive Co-Ordinator at Miss St. This is McCray's offense yes. And if you ever saw Miss St play the last couple of years you would see why this offense doesn't work worth a crap. Trust me when I say this.....If/When Sparky gets another Co-Ordinators job , McCray will leave the Peay and be in Sparky's right pocket. Mark my words you heard it hear first.

:D:o

RedDevilFever,

Since this is McCrays offense, then I guess you can say it is 90% run and 10% pass to the side lines behind the line of scrimmage. The three games I saw there was no real attempt to pass across the middle or go long. Your right about Sparky Woods offense, its High School at best. Hey RedDevilFever did you play at Halls?