Riverdale vs. Siegel

bfar88

Boroballa06......thank you VERY much. You have to believe to achieve.....bottom line.  It is kind of like taking a class in college. Some folk just don't want to  try...they are satisfied with getting a C from the beginning, some just want to pass and will settle for  a D., and some will settle for nothing but an A even if it is a subject that might be difficult for them. If you have the mindset to do what it takes to just get by instead of trying to be the very  best...then as I have said....you don't need to play the game. And if your coach doesn't make you feel like you can win every single game no matter who it is.....then HE doesn't need to be in the business.

LOD...I am feeling ya .....but an apology from Rankin??? No way...he is way too arrogant. He is saying all that to fire up the players to make them bring it even harder. I am telling you...Clone has worked his butt off and deserves PRAISE.

825715611[/snapback]

Like I said in my post, NOBODY owes me a thing. I don't even think the young men are looking for an apology, BUT they do deserve an explanation as they are taking it the worst way imaginable. It is NOT only the first string either. The 'clone' has been getting calls from EVERYBODY about it on offense AND defense. I never knew that many folks knew his cell number! :unsure:

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wellllll......according to the Coach Rankin quote today in the DNJ Siegal maybe able to stop the run as he does not have an O-line except his center. :)

I was NOT gonna tell the 'clone' about it as it would have made him mad about wasting the last 4 years of his working hard and now to find out that he is considered worthless.

Is this playing word games in the paper or yet another psych game in hopes the other team will buy it?

Either way it HURT and the 'clone' is not the only one it hurt by the way his cell phone is ringing! :unsure:

No one owes me an explanation, but these young men do deserve one from SOMEBODY!

825715558[/snapback]

Pysch games work may work on coaches but they are very detrimental to young men who put their trust in a leader. I don't know the clone but inform him it's mind games between adults that really hurt kids....see Gallatin v TSSAA, McGavock...Those mind games cost more than just a few hurt. A REAL COach would have already explained what he meant by those remarks. I'm sure the clone will adapt and overcome.

Pysch games work may work on coaches but they are very detrimental to young men who put their trust in a leader.  I don't know the clone but inform him it's mind games between adults that really hurt kids....see Gallatin v TSSAA, McGavock...Those mind games cost more than just a few hurt.  A REAL COach would have already explained what he meant by those remarks.  I'm sure the clone will adapt and overcome.

825715649[/snapback]

I am sure the 'clone' will get over it, the only thing I worry about is the poor souls across the line from him! :unsure:

Boy tends to take out his frustration by hitting even harder! That is not always a good thing. Especially when it comes to his own teammates on defense. Boy only has one speed.......FULL OUT......then when he is mad its OVERDRIVE!

Hey LOD i dont think he said that they werent any good i thought he said theat he was looking for more consistancy andi dont care what position or what sport it is all about consistancy. I am not saying that your son isnt consistant, but he did not say that they werent any good.

I also was shocked that there was a thread on a game that will be won about 50-0 and it had 3 pages on it hoolie and i have already had this discussion so i wont go back into it

Edited by riverdaleman

Well riverdaleman, he mentions that the only consistent player is the center and even I know that the center has been the cause of several of Scott's fumbles////so it makes a kid feel rotten to not get mentioned when the guy they know has messed up a lot is considered consistent and they have worked their butts off in the weightroom and at practice. I think if he had just said that the oline needs to be consistent that they wouldn't have gotten so ticked off. By saying this one guy stands out,,,is a slap in the face.

honestly i think harris is crazy.. he thinks siegel will win 5 or 6 games.. unless they did a total 180 since last season i dont see that happening.. when i saw zeke play he didnt seem like a sound qb.. it seemed to me that he was a better qb throwing on the run than standing in the pocket.. as for keith.. i saw him play freshman year at ohs and he didnt impress me at all.. i mean he is tall and that is about it.. unless he has changed a lot since then.. now as for siegel scoring on rhs i do not see it happening.. the rhs defense is really good this year again.. i guess we wont see how good until they are tested but they have speed and strength.. and call me crazy if you want but tamar butler kind of reminds me of keith bullek from the titans.. like his body formation and his determination..

now as for the oakland fans and players say going 15-0.. i played football in middle school and freshman year.. you better believe my goal was to go undefeated every year.. if you dont think that then just go home.. harris is saying some players are saying they want to win 5 or 6 games.. that is stupid.. they should want to win all the games and try and believe they can.. i have read all the posts and am quite amuzed by what harris is saying

825715434[/snapback]

zeke is better than what you've seen. he puts a lot of emphasis on his machanics and works very hard. depends on what practice you went to i guess. and keith has improved as i have watched him grow since freshman year.

Keith seems to have much better hands...we know he doesnt have the speed but we all know he makes up for that in height. Zeke has bulked up this year and that will help him.

You guys are talking about Rankin...do we forgot that Riverdale's oline had its worst game of the year against Siegel last year haha remember everyone talkn about Siegel's d line????

I do expect to see some early mistakes from Riverdale as was the case last year...just hope we can relay those mistakes into points

Wellllll......according to the Coach Rankin quote today in the DNJ Siegal maybe able to stop the run as he does not have an O-line except his center. :unsure:

I was NOT gonna tell the 'clone' about it as it would have made him mad about wasting the last 4 years of his working hard and now to find out that he is considered worthless.

Is this playing word games in the paper or yet another psych game in hopes the other team will buy it?

Either way it HURT and the 'clone' is not the only one it hurt by the way his cell phone is ringing! :)

No one owes me an explanation, but these young men do deserve one from SOMEBODY!

825715558[/snapback]

I guess you didn't grow up in Alabama in the 70s and watch the Paul Bear Bryant show on Sunday mornings? :)

I would hear The Bear talk about how great the next team we would be playing was and how he hoped his kids, though less talented and not practicing as hard as he would like, would just show up and give the other team a good game and not embarrass their mamas and papas. And then go on to win 66-0 or something like that the next Saturday....

I guess you didn't grow up in Alabama in the 70s and watch the Paul Bear Bryant show on Sunday mornings?  :)

I would hear The Bear talk about how great the next team we would be playing was and how he hoped his kids, though less talented and not practicing as hard as he would like, would just show up and give the other team a good game and not embarrass their mamas and papas.  And then go on to win 66-0 or something like that the next Saturday....

825715788[/snapback]

DL,

I take exception to that. I'm pretty sure the Bear Bryant show came on at 4:00 PM on Sunday afternoon. :)