Riverdale vs. Siegel

bfar88

I'm pretty sure all that info on my last post is correct but there could be a minor detail messed up but im not completely sure. What would be really cool would be if Scott Thomas (his younger bro and current Riverdale starting QB) went on to play at MTSU and was the starting QB and they got to play against each other.....just an idea.......but back to the topic...Until then Scott will lead the Warriors over Siegel in his debut and heir apparent of his older brother as the starting QB for the Riverdale Warriors.

***Quick Tidbit: The top 2 QB's on the depth chart are both juniors and younger brothers of former Mr. Football Quarterbacks at Riverdale. Marcus Locke's older brother Eric Locke won the Mr. Football award in 1996 and 1997 and led the Warriors to the s econd State Championship in 97'. Scott Thomas' older brother Dave Thomas won Mr. Football last year (2004), and led the Warriors their 4th State Championship. Both Eric and Dave have their jerseys retired. So that means you will not see a #7 or #9 on the field for the Warriors.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you might be 1 off, after the 1994 season (15-0) they went 4-0 before getting beat by Baylor 21-7. So I think the record is 19?

But then I could be wrong too!!!

825718509[/snapback]

Yes, the record is 19 straight wins from 1994-1995. From 2001-2002 they won 18 before losing the 19th to LC in 2002.

So, who won this plus member drive thing? Did Riverdale once again win the battle of the region 4 5A?

Kickoff tonight is only 14 hours away ! Kickoff tomorrow night is only 38 hours away. It's happening . . . high school football time in middle tennessee.

It's no secret that "i bleed cardinal,' but good luck to all teams and have a safe football season.

So, who won this plus member drive thing?  Did Riverdale once again win the battle of the region 4 5A? 

Kickoff tonight is only 14 hours away !  Kickoff tomorrow night is only 38 hours away.  It's happening . . . high school football time in middle tennessee.

It's no secret that "i bleed cardinal,' but good luck to all teams and have a safe football season.

825718850[/snapback]

Riverdale wins!

Just got to get the screen names from CoachT of your 9 new Plus Members and put those in a hat..... a Grundy Co. hat of course.... and see who wins a poster print from the pictures on Friday.

Del.

Of course, Riverdale wins!  What else is new?  So, when this season is over do we get to post 16-0 as our record.  Where can we find the pictures that you make at the game?  Maybe we can do some tailgating at Siegel.  Might as well show the Star fans how to do that right, too.

825719182[/snapback]

If there is one thing Siegel folk know how to do right, its tailgating, so dont expecting to show up the Stars on that end

Guest The_Siegel_Senior_ptII
And we all know Siegel is considered a "basketball school", and how seriously they take hoops over there. So they should all know Scott Thomas and Kit Hartsfield really well by now. I dont know if there will ever be a big rivalry between these 2 schools in football but basketball is a different story. The rivalry is strong and well between these 2 on the hardwood. Many would consider these the top 2 teams in the district this year in hoops. Thomas and Hartsfield are both figured to be starters in big contributers in both sports so yall be sure to keep a close eye on #2 and #3 on the football field on Friday night becuase this will only be the first of many times Siegel will have trouble with these two young men this year. thumb

825718430[/snapback]

Yes basketball is siegels strong point...I dont know about a major rivalry in bball neither...Siegel will manhandle RHS on the hardwood this year, both times, and if there happens to a 3rd or 4th, it will there too...RHS did manage to get one last year, but that wont happen this year... :lol: