Region 4-5a Pickem

MidTennFootball

Last year was not about heart...it was about not enough coaches during the week & poor coaching decisions during the game.  Now, I can not say that this year...believe me, I was a hard critic on LaVergne football.  But this year, they have staffed themselves & practiced the players.  Funny thing to me is how people say that Smyrna is the 'underdog'.  No way, even the poll on this website has Smyrna 80+%...I think the Smyrna fans want to be the underdog, that way if they win...oh yeah...& if they they lose...well, it was expected.  History has it, Smyrna has won 16 of 17 or 17 of 18...whatever.  LaVergne has to show up & play hard to win.  Just that this year, they have been working on it.  Really does not matter which team it is, people should not attack the kids...they are giving it all they got.  In high school, it is the COACHING....best example is Riverdale...look at the great teams...but how many made it to the pros?

825719595[/snapback]

Actually, Smyrna has won 14 of 15. At least that's what the paper said the other day.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year was not about heart...it was about not enough coaches during the week & poor coaching decisions during the game.  Now, I can not say that this year...believe me, I was a hard critic on LaVergne football.  But this year, they have staffed themselves & practiced the players.  Funny thing to me is how people say that Smyrna is the 'underdog'.  No way, even the poll on this website has Smyrna 80+%...I think the Smyrna fans want to be the underdog, that way if they win...oh yeah...& if they they lose...well, it was expected.  History has it, Smyrna has won 16 of 17 or 17 of 18...whatever.  LaVergne has to show up & play hard to win.  Just that this year, they have been working on it.  Really does not matter which team it is, people should not attack the kids...they are giving it all they got.  In high school, it is the COACHING....best example is Riverdale...look at the great teams...but how many made it to the pros?

Smyrna has been told by lavergne how good their offense is and no one can stop their four wide. I have heard it myself from lavergne folks that this is the year lavergne wins and they expect it to be easy!!

Prediction 

Smyrna 35

lavergne 7

Player that is unknow today but will be known tommorrow-------- Maceo Harris

825719595[/snapback]

If I remeber it was Riverdale, Letm Play, and gwave.  I could definitely be wrong and I'm not going back through them.

What about Wilson Central...that was an impressive win.

825721103[/snapback]

MAn, wsn't i dead-on on my birthday? And to top that, I am tied for 230th place on the CoachT Big ones. Wait, maybe that is not something to brag about...

Siegel[/url]_Senior_ptII' date='Aug 19 2005 - 02:13 AM']surely you are not going against the all-knowing watchfootball now are you...

825719721[/snapback]

You dont know what I have coached or where. But I can tell you have few friends, not very likeable. Dont be upset because I put Siegal last, as I said, there is no disrespect, but someone has to have the position like LaV had it last year.