Franklin at Lincoln County

FHSrebel27

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

According to several LaVergne players....Lavergne put a pretty good whipping on Lincoln County and based on the scrimmage we had with LaVergne, their players said "You won't have any problem with Lincoln County. They have a couple of big lineman but they are not Div 1 prospects and they(the team) are slower than they have ever been."

All that aside, this rivalry is one that calls for weather forecasts and nail biting! Each of the last three years this game has come under weather delay and has caused momentum to swing because of it.

Three years ago a goal line stand on the one yard line by Franklin sealed the victory. Two years ago Franklin came roaring back in the second half and was stopped just short of pulling it off. Last year another close game. All three years the difference was less than a touchdown 2002 ~ 7-6 Franklin, 2003 ~ 33-28 Lincoln Co. and 2004 ~ 14-9 Franklin.

I feel pretty certain that the new Franklin coach will want to schedule some KY school next year as a season opener, so this will probably be the last of this series. I look forward to going to the Pit one last time!

825715985[/snapback]

[/

LETS NOT FORGET NOW THAT LC TOOK CARE OF LaVergne SATURDAY AT CAMP. YOU SHOULDNT GO ON CAMP AND SHOULD JUST COME SEE WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN YOU WILL BE SUPRISED LC IS GOIN PROVE ALOT. GO FALCONS.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to several LaVergne players....Lavergne put a pretty good whipping on Lincoln County and based on the scrimmage we had with LaVergne, their players said "You won't have any problem with Lincoln County. They have a couple of big lineman but they are not Div 1 prospects and they(the team) are slower than they have ever been." 

All that aside, this rivalry is one that calls for weather forecasts and nail biting! Each of the last three years this game has come under weather delay and has caused momentum to swing because of it.

Three years ago a goal line stand on the one yard line by Franklin sealed the victory. Two years ago Franklin came roaring back in the second half and was stopped just short of pulling it off. Last year another close game. All three years the difference was less than a touchdown 2002 ~ 7-6 Franklin, 2003 ~ 33-28 Lincoln Co. and 2004 ~ 14-9 Franklin.

I feel pretty certain that the new Franklin coach will want to schedule some KY school next year as a season opener, so this will probably be the last of this series. I look forward to going to the Pit one last time!

825715985[/snapback]

What a joke!

Ask Lavergne if that scrimmage counted on their record.

As far as Franklin, you should be favored coming into the game, you went to the Blue Cross bowl last year, while we plugged along with a team full of sophmores.

Let's play the game, then if you win, then you can brag all you want to.

I've talked to several people about Franklin this summer and fall and from what I've heard, and knowing what I know about us, we will have to play total mistake free football to have a chance to win.

I hope that your coach doesn't cancel the series because it has been a fun rivalry for both schools, we have a hard enough time finding people to play as it is.

As far as Lavergne, we scrimmaged Smyrna in the spring and having seen both teams, I say Smyrna by at least 2 tds., unless Smyrna just has a terrible game.

Now, if it turns into a street fight or a boxing match, then Laverge will have a good chance, because from what I saw at camp they would rather start a fight, or run their mouth, than play football.

And I'm glad to know that Lavergne's players are not only "great" football players but also, talent scouts, and know what players are D1 and which ones are not, maybe they missed their calling. As far as the speed thing, when you are up running at daybreak every morning, practicing during the day and then running again after dinner every night you have a tendency to not be quite as quick and fast as you normally are, because your legs are just a little tired. But we could lay around, and go 2-8 every year like some other people. :lol:

coming from a completely unbiased opinion... the game will be close no mater what.

I think that if the running game for LC is in good shape, then with a little help and some elusive passing to get around an all-star franklin secondary the Falcons might be able to pull it off.

But look out for Mikrut and his new spread offense to give Lincoln County fits. With a solid passing game and good play from Franklin D (Titus Hardeman, Simon George especially) look to see franklin take over late in the game and come out with the W.

What a joke!

Ask Lavergne if that scrimmage counted on their record.

As far as Franklin, you should be favored coming into the game, you went to the Blue Cross bowl last year, while we plugged along with a team full of sophmores.

Let's play the game, then if you win, then you can brag all you want to.

I've talked to several people about Franklin this summer and fall and from what I've heard, and knowing what I know about us, we will have to play total mistake  free football to have a chance to win.

I hope that your coach doesn't cancel the series because it has been a fun rivalry for both schools, we have a hard enough time finding people to play as it is.

As far as Lavergne, we scrimmaged Smyrna in the spring and having seen both teams, I say Smyrna by at least 2 tds., unless Smyrna just has a terrible game.

Now, if it turns into a street fight or a boxing match, then Laverge will have a good chance, because from what I saw at camp they would rather start a fight, or run their mouth, than play football.

And I'm glad to know that Lavergne's players are not only "great" football players but also, talent scouts, and know what players are D1 and which ones are not, maybe they missed their calling. As far as the speed thing, when you are up running at daybreak every morning, practicing during the day and then running again after dinner every night you have a tendency to not be quite as quick and fast as you normally are, because your legs are just a little tired. But we could lay around, and go 2-8 every year like some other people. :D

825716420[/snapback]

Go back and check your film man...and you will see who started the fight at the scrimmage. Keep watching and you will see who ended the fight. LC started the fight...LaVergne ended it. Both teams were tired...both had been running a lot...your arguement there isn't valid. Smyrna may beat LaVergne by 2 TD's, they probably should, but come friday night both teams will strap 'em on and decide it there. And one more thing, I'm no talent scout, but based on what was witnessed from both LC and Franklin, it will be a long game for the Falcons.

Go back and check your film man...and you will see who started the fight at the scrimmage.  Keep watching and you will see who ended the fight.  LC started the fight...LaVergne ended it.  Both teams were tired...both had been running a lot...your arguement there isn't valid.  Smyrna may beat LaVergne by 2 TD's, they probably should, but come friday night both teams will strap 'em on and decide it there.  And one more thing, I'm no talent scout, but based on what was witnessed from both LC and Franklin, it will be a long game for the Falcons.

825716762[/snapback]

i think u should go back and check your films lavernge came cross the feild at lc. lavernge was just upset cause they were gettin man handled. there had been 2 massive hits from lc. lavernge was lookin for i fight. after the fight who still was bad..lavernge

Edited by lc54

Scrimmages don't count for the regular season so lets get back to the topic. I have seen both Lincoln County and Franklin this summer. I believe Franklin should win the game but I think it will be within a touchdown. Lincoln County's defense is strong. I think the Falcons will need to worry about their defesne. Franklin's offense is massive and will go to the air most of the time. I see Franklin winning 28-21.

On Saturday you were playing LaVergnes 2's and 3's mostly. A LC lineman grabbed a LaVergne DB's helmet and ripped it off after LaVergne had just returned an interception to the house. This caused the fight. You might want to check your film again and find that. Your coach knows this and apologized to Coach Thomas after the fact. This is over and done with, but maybe we will scrimmage next year. You better get ready for Franklin because we have our hands full with a great Smyrna team.

A new year, same ole BigDogDaddy... people already telling him get ready to eat crow! Well, BDD hasn't had to eat much crow over the past three years, so for now I'll agree with his take on this week's game. He certainly knows his football, so let's hope he's somewhere close to right this week as I think he likely will be. I won't make a prediction though since I obviously haven't seen the Rebs at all this offseason, but again, I will go as far as to simply agree with BDD...

GO REBS!

Wow its amazing how lavergne is taking over a thread about Franklin vs LC?

Just shows they are not only telling everybody in Smyrna how good they are but also everybody in the midstate!

I have heard many times how good Lavergne is and how they will beat Smyrna easily and they say this based on------------------------------------------------------

How they manhandled Lincoln County!