Alcoa Vs. Hopkinsville

TnFootballfan

Hopkinsville...from what I have heard were pretty good last year. They went 13-1. Will Alcoa win by a blow out or will the game be close?

I cant really guess the score because I have NO idea about Hopkinsville...

What do you all think??????

Hopkinsville results from last year... http://www.unapproved website.com/FanPages/Team.mxp/...6e-77e0dfb66303

Edited by TnFootballfan

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopkinsville...from what I have heard were pretty good last year. They went 13-1.  Will Alcoa win by a blow out or will the game be close?

I cant really guess the score because I have NO idea about Hopkinsville...

What do you all think??????

Hopkinsville results from last year... http://www.unapproved website.com/FanPages/Team.mxp/...6e-77e0dfb66303

825717482[/snapback]

Year in and year out Hoptown is very athletic. They were very good last year. They had a QB named Pulley who is now at UK competing for playing time as a true freshman that was outstanding. However, I hear that their former coach left for Franklin, TN b/c the cupboard was bare. I think their new coach is DIxie Jones, who is a great coach.

I saw Alcoa last year and cannot imagine too many people beating them, regardless of state or classification. They are downright scary.

Year in and year out Hoptown is very athletic.  They were very good last year.  They had a QB named Pulley who is now at UK competing for playing time as a true freshman that was outstanding.  However, I hear that their former coach left for Franklin, TN b/c the cupboard was bare.  I think their new coach is DIxie Jones, who is a great coach.

I saw Alcoa last year and cannot imagine too many people beating them, regardless of state or classification.  They are downright scary.

825717489[/snapback]

Alcoa has a killer schedule this year. They very well could lose 3 or 4 games. Fulton...McCallie...Maryville...Hopkinsville...all have a chance to beat them.

I stumbled onto a Hopkinsville Newspaper website yesterday and read where Hopkinsville had their final scrimmage last week and beat some 4A team pretty good. Of course I know nothing of how good the 4A team is. It was a brief write up but said that Hopkinsville scored on 4 of their first 6 possessions in the scrimmage. But again i know nothing of the competition they had that particular day.

By the looks of last year's schedule, the beat Ridgeway 27-0, Ridgeway only lost to Melrose by 6, Melrose only lost to Maryville by 1, and Maryville beat Alcoa by 13.  Granted they lost a lot of players, I still expect them to be tough.

825717530[/snapback]

Thats a heck of a lot of research from the BC football Guru there Tom. So your saying that the score should be 27-26 Hop town, due to last year? :lol:

Thats a heck of a lot of research from the BC football Guru there Tom. So your saying that the score should be 27-26 Hop town, due to last year?  :lol:

825717887[/snapback]

I've heard Hopkinsville has a good team. They won the class 3A State championship last year. I say it will be a good game, and Alcoa will have a good challenge from these guys.

Hoptown is tricky. The scouting report shows that they like to be very physical and play with the opponent's mind. I know their new coach likes to run special teams plays out of wacky formations, just to get the other team to line up against it. Basically a hassle, but it has to reckoned with. They have great atheletes, and it should be a heck of a game.

By the looks of last year's schedule, the beat Ridgeway 27-0, Ridgeway only lost to Melrose by 6, Melrose only lost to Maryville by 1, and Maryville beat Alcoa by 13.  Granted they lost a lot of players, I still expect them to be tough.

825717530[/snapback]

Yes Ridgeway lost to melrose by 6 during the season...however in the playoff's they lost by the score of 35-0. Melrose got better while ridgeway didnt. Melrose lost to Maryville by 1 only because they were better then than they were from the start. HAHA that prob. makes no sense!!! But I think tom will understand it. thumb

Edited by TnFootballfan