State Champion Predictions

BruinBabe

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys who think one tm does not have a clear advantage ...will be shocked.

The Borg is headed your way...

Compassion I think the Borg has already beamed you up. Maybe your Captain Picard and don't know it. Please beam me up where you are and clarify so we all can be shocked too!

Here's the AAA Final 8 (in alpha order, even then, B'wood is still on top!!):

Brentwood

Collierville

Farragut

Franklin

Germantown

Red Bank

Siegel

Sullivan South

I believe top to bottom, this will be as competitive, if not more so, than A-AA.

I agree and will go out on a very weak limb and pick Siegel to upset Brentwood in the finals with Germantown 3rd and Farragut.

My top 4 picks are:

Brentwood

Germantown

Red Bank

Siegel

After having the opportunity to see six out of the eight teams play matches this year. I will say that Brentwood is at the top until someone beats them Germantown has a great team with one of the best players I saw this year. This will be a more emotional State Tournament than in the past because everyone knows anyone can be beaten. Brentwood made sure this tournament would be great when they invited many of the teams to their tournament. Not sure Red Bank or Farragut were there. This can be one of the best State Tournaments ever. The posts concerning last years State Tournament makes one wonder if the TSSAA is up to the event. It appears AAA will be very strong and emotion and will will win out. These teams are very, very tallented. VballDaddy, from a selfish point of view, I would like to see two bulldogs, Brentwood and Siegel, match up at the end but it could be that neither will get there.

Compassion I think the Borg has already beamed you up. Maybe your Captain Picard and don't know it. Please beam me up where you are and clarify so we all can be shocked too!

Sorry to be unclear. Was speaking to those who think A/AA is open and will be competitive. If anyone thinks that this division is in contention ..then they are a dad ..who is not from Chattanooga. ;)

Sorry to be unclear. Was speaking to those who think A/AA is open and will be competitive. If anyone thinks that this division is in contention ..then they are a dad ..who is not from Chattanooga. ;)

Not so fast, CP. While I do believe ER to be the modest favorite, crazy things happen at the state tournament. Perhaps ER is peaking now and playing better than they have all year.

I remember a few years ago when a very hungry Briarcrest defeated an already-put-the-trophy-in-the-case GPS in the finals. It was Fain's senior year. They were loaded. Briarcrest was on the brink of extinction multiple times- indeed, they hadn't won a game in the match and were a couple of points from going home. But they would not die and ended up winning it all.

Like I said, crazy things happen. I'm not putting all my eggs in a single basket.

Announcements