State Champion Predictions

BruinBabe

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen but two of the final eight and was hoping maybe some people out there who has seen more could post there predictions based on what they have seen.

final 8 in A/AA:

Anderson Co.

Knox Catholic

East Ridge

Notre Dame

Goodpasture

Loretto

Crockett Co.

USJ

Edited by DaddyJuice

I haven't seen but two of the final eight and was hoping maybe some people out there who has seen more could post there predictions based on what they have seen.

Tempted to make a reply, but this much I will say:

Some teams are not the same teams now that they were, say, a month ago. I saw a tournament where ER didn't play well. I think Goodpasture was under the radar most of the year (quite frankly, I wasn't impressed when I saw 'em early in the season). To make a true apples-to-apples assessment, you'd need to have seen most of these teams within the last two weeks.

But hey, speculating and thinking out loud is more fun! :thumb:

What a great State! East Ridge has to be a favorite with all the "Fro's" experience and Brock.

Catholic is a new comer but I think is the best A-AA team in the state. Their coach used to coach college ball and knows his stuff. Wolfe is awesome and the tranfer Forbes' aren't bad either.

Goodpasture has Megan Walker who is awesome.

USJ and Crocket Co. are no longer the west TN push-overs of old. The West Tn teams had a great showing last year and are there to prove that it was no fluke.

Don't know much about the new Notre Dame coach or his/her program but they have been to the Murph mutli times and should be respected.

Loretto has always been on the bubble and has finally broken through. Way to go, maybe this is your time.

AC has been there forever but they are too young to win it this year.

Overall, I think it is as wide open as it has been in a long time. Cinderella might even show up.

Sure, ER may have a modest edge, but A/AA has no returning 'powers' from the last several years. Cinderella may show up and dance long past midnight. This is going to be really, really fun to watch.

TGLJ I'm not so sure if anyone in this tournament has any advantages it's about like going to a Kentucky Derby and picking a horse to win. Maybe somebody could give away a free steak dinner if they pick the top four in order!!! Ha Ha!!

TGLJ I'm not so sure if anyone in this tournament has any advantages it's about like going to a Kentucky Derby and picking a horse to win. Maybe somebody could give away a free steak dinner if they pick the top four in order!!! Ha Ha!!

I'll take a guess at it (in order):

East Ridge

l

l

Notre Dame

Knox Catholic

Anderson Co.

Edited by VballDaddy78

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• Hmmmmm……doe dee doe doe….i drove the lawnmower down to practice today…….hmmmm…… we got some new faces………. One can run faster than my lawnmower in fifth gear…… a few will be disappointed come November that they jumped ship and went down to that sewage facility……. You can bet the lawnmower on that. 
    • I don't know what's going on in the town of McMinnville, but I've read this and it's disturbing.  I'm a "player" person, and I want what's best for the player. If a player gets cut off the team because she said the "F word" then good grief. I mean, come on guys. I wish there was a way for the player to transfer to a different program and just play ball. There are a lot of athletes that are stuck because they're in crappy situations regarding their team/coach. This is player just happens to be one them.
    • Won't happen. College coaches will back the coach every time and it cost this young lady her senior season. Looks like the player may be right on this one. School let her  go after one season. This stuff happens more than you think. 
    • “No college is going to offer a scholarship to a player that is kicked off of the team.” For language? I’m not seeing that as a dealbreaker. 
    • Why did the coach get rehired after she was let go as an assistant by the former Warren County coach and the current AD?? Is that accurate?? I am very familiar with situations like this. Suprised lawsuits haven't happend before. If the coach unfairly let the player go, I think she has a shot because it cost her a scholarship. No college is going to offer a scholarship to a player that is kicked off of the team. Not going to happen. There are bad hires like this a bunch and kids are treated unfairly by coaches that can't coach a lick and have super long ropes somehow. Amazing how some of these coaches get hired and keep their job.