State Champion Predictions

BruinBabe

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should the East Tennesse teams even bother to show up?

Pats- If your team is in this final 8, it has to be a great team. There are no teams that are not good and that do not have good players at this juncture. While there are some favorites, this year every team has a chance to win. East Tennessee has great teams.

Knoxville Catholic will NOT lose a game in pool play. They got a great draw by being put in the weaker pool. East Ridge is the second best team in that pool and they won't break 20. Notre Dame is the best from the other pool, and will meet Catholic in the finals. Cathlic wins in 4!.

Brentwood won't be tested.

Father Ryan will beat GPS in the finals.

Catholic will show the state what East Tennessee volleyball is all about!

Sorry to be unclear. Was speaking to those who think A/AA is open and will be competitive. If anyone thinks that this division is in contention ..then they are a dad ..who is not from Chattanooga. :thumb:

Compassion just wondering how many of the eight teams have you seen this year and when? Do you think luck plays any role in volleyball if so how much? I think TGLJ is right in saying anything could happen but you know who I'm rooting for. One out of eight chances are better odds than many things in life. Are you coming to the tournament ? Your definitely right about how JO ball has helped this area with five teams having players and coaches involved it will be interesting to see if any of these can win it all. Maybe this area has turned it up a notch!

Compassion just wondering how many of the eight teams have you seen this year and when? Do you think luck plays any role in volleyball if so how much? I think TGLJ is right in saying anything could happen but you know who I'm rooting for. One out of eight chances are better odds than many things in life. Are you coming to the tournament ? Your definitely right about how JO ball has helped this area with five teams having players and coaches involved it will be interesting to see if any of these can win it all. Maybe this area has turned it up a notch!

Dougw,

Ultimately I don't know much. I've seen only 4 with my own eyes and have seen the others thru other's eyes and the results against tms I know very well, and other's better players in club. So, all of that and $3 is buys a gallon of gas ...but, instincts tell me that you and I will be splitting a fresh Moon Pie Wednesday nite.

Of course luck happens, of course upsets happen, of course "any given tm..." ye, whatever. But, that's mostly dad-think. Coach-think tends to say that matches are won yrs and months prior to either tm walking thru the players' pass tunnel ..matches are won in preparation over time. You know, it's not really that complicated- the best tm almost always wins ..and neither "match coaching" nor "getting fired up" has hardly anything to do with it. So, luck and woulda-coulda "if they play bad and we play great.." stuff doesn't interest me. Play the odds and eat Moon Pie.

Everyone is gettin better everywhere, it's an exciting environment. I like seeing my friends do well but really I pull for whoever has prepared the smartest and plays the hardest, that's what I appreciate no matter where they're from. Good luck to all.

Pats- If your team is in this final 8, it has to be a great team. There are no teams that are not good and that do not have good players at this juncture. While there are some favorites, this year every team has a chance to win. East Tennessee has great teams.

I agree, the other day my daughter said that the thing about Volleyball is that the weaker team can beat the stronger team. You just never know.

I love ER but Catholic is playing great right now. They will give Ridge a fit. Don't be surprised if Catholic goes all of the way.

Anderson County plays up and down. If they are on, they can beat anybody. Notre Dame looks good and so does Goodpasture. I think those 3 are pretty even with the winner of ER and Catholic being the team to beat.

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking at this post out of curiosity this morning and did you look at the first post.

HH wins

East Ridge wins

Sullivan South finishes 2nd and although I doubt someone named Bruin Babe really meant Germantown would win their 7, but this was an uncanny prediction to make last summer. Well done!

Announcements