Mckenzie Fan Base

ktrainfan

Before you fire up the posts telling Huntingdon how to handle success, you might ought to take some lessons yourself.  The jealousy that Mckenzie exhibits every year is comical.  Mckenzie has never made it to the championship game much less won it.  Also, Huntingdon does have a hall full of Regional championships.    Mckenzie made it to the semis one time and from listening to them you would think they had won the whole thing.  I consider myself a fan of football and give respect to teams who have earned it over a period of years just not one or two.  You make the comment about Bruceton winning a championship before Huntingdon ever won a playoff game, no argument here, facts are facts.  However, bear in mind that Huntingdon played in 2A when they could have played in 1A under the 3 classification system.

I have given Mckenzie credit for improving and for having some good years.  But tell me this, how many good teams in west Tn has Mckenzie beaten in the last 10 years?  I keep hearing Mckenzie fans saying they want respect.  Respect is earned!!!  You  might ought to look at the posts when Huntingdon and Milan play.  We each take our shots at the other team and fans, that is just being a fan.  But you know, you almost always see that we have the utmost respect for the other teams program.

I will agree that Huntingdon fans probably pick on Mckenzie fans more than any other school but hey it is more fun, ya'll take it so personal LOL.

825723990[/snapback]

Not saying that I appreciate ya'll picking or downgrading us.....but it does fuel a "monster" and make us better in the long run. That may or may not be toward high school football!!! thumb Yeah it's football and it's awesome to have rivals such as the Mustangs. Ya'll are great at what you do and how you run your football program........you definately have the trophies to prove it! I'm not asking for respect and I honestly do not believe that any of us are jealous of you. Good luck to your team this year. GO REBELS!!!

Edited by BOHICA

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, Ferringo was named as "Little All American"--what ever that was. Terry Bateman was named as All-American, so we have two. Larry Stewart was not a Huntingdon native---I believe that when the Baptist moved in a new preacher, Stewart was his son. Priest was a legitimate player in high school and college. However, the Rebels can boast a player who became a Rhodes Scholar in Douglas Paschall.  Had George Abernathy not gotten hurt, I feel that he would have been an All American candidate at Vanderbilt. Shannon Hayes was a receiver on the national championship Western Kentucky team a few years back. Though we have no state championship, football has afforded many Rebels the opportunity to play at the next level. Who will be next?

825723999[/snapback]

"Little All American" was the term for HS All American at that time. I knew him well and was in Jr. High when he played. Sorry that I forgot about Bateman and he deserved being an All American. I'm not sure if George Abernathy would have been an All American in D1 under any circumstaces at Vandy. I grew up with George. He was kind of a little brother to me. He was one fine football player and had one All SEC to his credit but, he was a bit small to garner an All American vote at defensive end (6'1"--215 lb.). He got hurt in HS but, at Vandy he played 4 healthy season (at least as healthy as one can stay in the SEC.) I also remember Doug Paschall well and his two brothers. David Paschall also went on to play at Sewanne for 4 years. I played football with David and Martin.

There were many college players from McKenzie before Ferrigno and a many after Shannon Hayes. It's still a close race.

Edited by duckman38201

Dude, where were you in 1989?  Have you ever been to Bruceton?  This is the same town that put blue and white paint all over the courthouse in Carroll County.

Also, they only played Huntingdon 4 times in the 90s.  They won three of them. Congratulations.

They remind me of that Bowling for Soup song. 

"They're still preoccupied with 19.... 19...  1989."  Ok, so the song is 1985.  But, you get the point.

It's so easy, yet Mckenzie hasn't done it.  Oh well, they never been this loaded in the student section before.  So, I wish them the best.  (There, happy now?) :lol:

Huntingdon fans never get the chance to root for Mckenzie during games because their season always ends way before Huntingdon's does.

Seriously, I root for Mckenzie every time they take the field and they aren't playing Huntingdon.  They are like a little brother who you beat up on but you want to see them get bigger and stronger so they can stick up for themselves.

825724014[/snapback]

What happened, did I miss something?? I thought this was a McKenzie Rebel thread. Now all I'm seeing is stuff about Bruceton and Huntingdon?? This must be a Carroll Co. thread and McKenzie is the "little brother" to everybody else (except maybe West Carroll---I guess us and West Carroll must be twins or sumethin').I have always had respect for Huntingdon's football program--even when I played at McKenzie. Paul Ward was the coach there then. I could talk for hours on the rivalry if that is what it has been between us with folks from H-town. Myself and Mr. Mustang have done some of that on here before all the rest of ya'll showed up. For years, we were in direct competition with each other and this crap didn't show up 'till about two weeks before "the game".

What makes this season any different?????

Keegan Ball??????? If that's it, get over it! Ya'll didn't want him anyway. You have Chris Donald and every team should be so lucky (and I mean that sincerely)!!!!!

Huntingdon fans never get the chance to root for Mckenzie during games because their season always ends way before Huntingdon's does.

You just might want to check back 4-5 years before you make that comment. There were a couple of years that the Rebels put out teams that put ya'll out in the playoffs on our way to the semi's (one year directly and one year indirectly)! We really don't need a &!$$ing contest on here. We know the Mustang history. We aren't even trying to say we have a better history. But, we do have what is ours and you aren't taking that away from us no matter what you say.

What happened, did I miss something?? I thought this was a McKenzie Rebel thread. Now all I'm seeing is stuff about Bruceton and Huntingdon?? This must be a Carroll Co. thread and McKenzie is the "little brother" to everybody else (except maybe West Carroll---I guess us and West Carroll must be twins or sumethin').I have always had respect for Huntingdon's football program--even when I played at McKenzie. Paul Ward was the coach there then. I could talk for hours on the rivalry if that is what it has been between us with folks from H-town. Myself and Mr. Mustang have done some of that on here before all the rest of ya'll showed up. For years, we were in direct competition with each other and this crap didn't show up 'till about two weeks before "the game".

What makes this season any different?????

Keegan Ball??????? If that's it, get over it! Ya'll didn't want him anyway. You have Chris Donald and every team should be so lucky (and I mean that sincerely)!!!!!

825724239[/snapback]

Duck, this just in--the real scoop on how we got Kegan Ball---since McKenzie furnishes Huntingdon's radio announcers, we got him in the trade :lol:

This is true and they are sticking with what got them there :lol:

825724342[/snapback]

Those radio fellows came to Huntingdon because they didn't want to broadcast Mckenzie and Gleason, Mckenzie and Greenfield, Mckenzie and West Carroll and Mckenzie and Clarksburg games. oops I was just told Clarksburg does not have a football team, but I'm sure just as quick as they can get one together Mckenzie will jump on their schedule!

Those radio fellows came to Huntingdon because they didn't want to broadcast Mckenzie and Gleason, Mckenzie and Greenfield, Mckenzie and West Carroll and Mckenzie and Clarksburg games.  oops I was just told Clarksburg does not have a football team, but I'm sure just as quick as they can get one together Mckenzie will jump on their schedule!

825724356[/snapback]

Since they'd be in the same region, I'm pretty sure McKenzie would have little choice.

So your saying in the past when Mckenzie was in 2-A they had little choice but to play West Carroll and Gleason?

825724384[/snapback]

How far back in the past do you want to go? If we went back far enough, I would imagine you could make that accusation of every program.

How they scheduled ten years ago has little bearing on how they schedule today. Their non-region games the last two years have been Dyer County, Obion County, Peabody, Dresden, and Westview. Granted it's not loaded with five of the top programs in the area, but it's hardly West Carroll and Gleason.