Riverdale Rolls.....

Lost Old Dad

Thats a joke right...this coming from a team who has probably the best fball team in the state and they cant even get 100 students to stand together and root their team on..go on the field and make a tunnel for their team or even show up in mass for the title game last year...Siegel had more studens there last night than Riverdale did at the BCB last year. WAIT OUR MIDDLE SCHOOL SECTION ON THE OTHER SIDE OF OUR STANDS HAD MORE.  We knew we weren't going to win but we still came out there and supported them.  You wanna talk about fair weather fans....how bout the riverdale fans who decide to go over to the concession stands to socialize instead of cheering on their team...How many of those fans would be there if Riverdale was not a top notch team....they hardly even support their team when they are nationally ranked.    You say since we left early we are fair weather....so I guess when a college football team is clearly going to lose and the 50,000 people who leave the stadium before it is over are "fair weather fans"  Please refrain from stupid comments that make you look like an idiot

825721085[/snapback]

No joke here. Just stating the facts. First of all, the student body from Riverdale were asked NOT to come onto the field because of the helicopter. Secondly, the student body from Siegel were asked to do the same thing and you see . . . some student bodies try to follow the rules of the adults that ask them.

Secondly, I think that "Siegel Nation" is simply the greatest pep section I have ever seen. They amazed everyone during basketball season . . . first, by their shear numbers and then by their sychronized cheers. I want to clear up that I wasn't trying to bring down your pep section only that on the first home game of the stadium, they should have been there until the game was finished. PERIOD!

As far as our student body fans . . . they are a lot like any high school's. They're socializing teenagers. Get over that!

So, am I still an idiot? If so, at least I am an idiot for the winning team.

Edited by ibleedcardinal

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't be serious!!!!!!!  Talk about us leaving our 1st string in against Riverdale???!!!  What about the set of downs on our 1st Field Goal attempt? You know the one where your 2nd stringers were in until there was a threat to score and then you pulled your 2nd stringers and put the 1st string back in. Because Lord knows when you're ahead 50 - 0, you darn sure couldn't risk the possibility of Siegel scoring 1 little touchdown on the night of their 1st game in their new field. And even though Alsup and Watson were former collegue's of Rankin's it would just kill him not to cram a shutout down their throats!!! For your information, are 2nd string was in for the majority of the 4th quarter. I doubt if Riverdale was being shut out that Rankin would pull his 1st string early. I already new the  Riverdale team and fan's  had the poorest sportsmanship in the division, but to act like sore losers just because we scored 3 points on you when the final score obviously gave you the  W by a landslide, is pathetic.

Oh, and by the way while you are talking about 1st string against sophomores. Riverdale didn't seem to mind the last 2 years playing their 1st stringers against our mostly young sophomore, and last year mostly junior  team. When these kids that are finally seniors this year, played the last 2 seasons, every team they went up against had older more experienced players. I didn't hear any whining from them when they got their butt's kicked for 2 years straight !! But you are whining about a 50 - 3 victory. Grow up. Riverdale might have the W, but our team has fought adversity for 2 years now and last night when our 4 Senior Captains, who started with this organization 2 years ago when it was the toughest, walked out on that field with their hands locked together in friendship and commrodity, showed everyone in the Siegel Nation that our boy's, HAVE MORE CHARACTER IN THEIR LITTLE FINGERS THEN RIVERDALE'S WHOLE ORGANIZATION WILL EVER HAVE.

Last night's outcome was not a shocker to anyone, but we will have many W's under our belt this season and we will BRING IT to Springfield next week.

Hey, and Last Old Dad,  If you keep time like you spell, I don't think we should rely on your time clock. It is SiegEl  NOT SiegAl, ya sore losers!!!!!!

825721037[/snapback]

Man, I wouldn't be asking someone to watch their spelling before you double check your own spelling and grammar. It's "knew" not "new." It's "butts kicked" not butt's kicked." It's "sets of downs" not "set of downs." Need an English class?

As far as character and poor sportsmanship, I was personally a witness to some of the Siegel cheerleaders and football players not even offering a hand shake after the game. Deal with the fact that you lost (you really ought to be used to it)stink it up, and offer at least an uncaring handshake to the team that just got you on your first game. Sorry, that's my Riverdale unsportmanslike conduct coming out.

At Riverdale, winning is not everything. We use games like last night's game to practice for the more difficult ones. Winning is not so hard around our place. So, we shoot for higher goals . . . like shut outs. But if you listened to the Riverdale side about 3rd quarter, we erupted! That was this classless, lack of character, tasteless group of fans cheering on Siegel for getting their first 1st down of the game. We weren't broken hearted that you scored. We were just shooting for a common defensive goal . . . to shut out the opponent. Siegel would do the same thing. Give it 20 years. Maybe you guys will experience it.

And last time I checked "sore losers" don't win!

Edited by ibleedcardinal

WE'VE GOT SPIRIT, YES WE DO, WE'VE GOT SPIRIT, HOW 'BOUT YOU!?!?

Siegel, congratulations on the three points. Surrendering three points may not be a big deal for the proletariat, but I guess scoring three against Riverdale is considered by most to be a Herculean task. Translation: Siegel, you done good.

However, let's open for further harangue the "Poor Siegel vs. All the Talent in the World Riverdale". The past two seasons this argument had merit, but this is Siegel's third season.

1) Should a Rutherford County football program be legitimately competitive in its third season?

2) Where is David Alsup's magic wand?

3) Watson bemoaned his athletic shortcomings in both papers today. So does this mean Siegel does not have athletes in basketball?

4) Who shot J.R.?

5) If your players are not as strong, not as fast, and not talented football players while Chris Harris takes the Siegel Nation to the finals in two years, could it be your fault?

Just a few points to ponder.

hey.. theres always gunna be them high school students that just go to the game so they can run around and act a fool with their friends.. thats at whatever high schol you go to!! i mean i don't act like that cuz if i'm going to a game i'ma watch the game!! but ppl need to calm down cuz when you lose consistently you should be use to it by now you shouldn't have no hard feelings or be upset off at the other team cuz u kno they came out there and tried there best and there best was a little bit better than yalls.. see i can understand when ur for riverdale when you lose thats a little harder to take cuz we know were better than that and we kno thats not how its spose to be.. but CONSISTENT losers shouldn't be SORE losers!!

kristen

Riverdale[/url]06' date='Aug 20 2005 - 11:17 PM']hey.. theres always gunna be them high school students that just go to the game so they can run around and act a fool with their friends.. thats at whatever high schol you go to!! i mean i don't act like that cuz if i'm going to a game i'ma watch the game!! but ppl need to calm down cuz when you lose consistently you should be use to it by now you shouldn't have no hard feelings or be upset off at the other team cuz u kno they came out there and tried there best and there best was a little bit better than yalls.. see i can understand when ur for riverdale when you lose thats a little harder to take cuz we know were better than that and we kno thats not how its spose to be.. but CONSISTENT losers shouldn't be SORE losers!!

kristen

825721959[/snapback]

so you are sayin since we lose all the time we should just accept a loss and not be mad for losing...if we arent gonna get mad when we lose then we shouldnt play the rest of the season...

Riverdale[/url'>06' date='Aug 20 2005 - 11:17 PM']hey.. theres always gunna be them high school students that just go to the game so they can run around and act a fool with their friends.. thats at whatever high schol you go to!! i mean i don't act like that cuz if i'm going to a game i'ma watch the game!! but ppl need to calm down cuz when you lose consistently you should be use to it by now you shouldn't have no hard feelings or be upset off at the other team cuz u kno they came out there and tried there best and there best was a little bit better than yalls.. see i can understand when ur for riverdale when you lose thats a little harder to take cuz we know were better than that and we kno thats not how its spose to be.. but CONSISTENT losers shouldn't be SORE losers!!

kristen

825721959[/snapback]

I hate to break it to ya, but no team is above losing, even Riverdale. I know thats a hard concept for you to grasp but Riverdale has had times where they didnt win 12-15 games a season. No matter who you root for, every loss should hurt just as much, whether your root for Riverdale or for Siegel, unless your a bandwagon fan

okay this is what i am referring too:

you know bout needles... u have to get ur blood drawn, u need an IV, u on sum drugs...okay them all involve needles.. and i'm saying you hate needles and u have to get your blood drawn every day and an IV put in every day..

and you really hate needles like you hate losing

so everyday your gettin needles stuck in you .. thats just like losing every day...SO

the 1st time this happens its gonna be pretty tramatic your gunna get upset and your gunna cry

the 2nd day this happens you still are gonna get upset and prolly cry

by the 3rd day your like okay i hafta do this so it doesn't matter your just gon feel a little pain and kinda shrug it off and be alrite

now say this cycle continues going by the next week it shouldn't be that big a deal your gonna walk up in there and get it done and ur not even gon think twice bout it cuz u kno its gonna happen

this is how yall should feel about losing... its gon be okay and you know its gonna happen!! Losing happens to every1 ..just sum more than others... but your gunna be alrite and get over it... so why even stress at all?? losers are losers

Kristen

this is in response to chicago

You must have been in chicago for all 3 games.. First off our 1 and 2 stringers play the whole game until the fourth quarter then we are into the 3 and 4th stringers and all of us in the stands are looking at programs to learn who they are you did not move the ball to the 20 against our first team or second team it was the 3 and 4 th team. As far as 1st team being in there on feild goal it is good to get thte game work in now it is not like you have ample opportunity to game experience. 2nd i dont think that rankin and alsup were ever collegues now watson did serve under rankin for a few years but i dont think that alsup and rankin ever worked together As for the previous games against you..we have sophmores in there returning punts and they take it for a touchdown after the touchdown and during the extra point the clock NEVER STOPPS it was a true 12:00 minute quarter and the 3rd quarter was probably a 15:00 minute quarter and our offense ran one play the entire half of each game with all our players playing the second half so dont act like they just poured it on you because that was not the case

And finally it is customery that after every game each team shakes hands and has a little prayer at midfeild well why did that not happen last night? we was there to shake hands and kneel for prayer but where was seigal?

Guest didyouseethatmessDANG
Riverdale[/url]06' date='Aug 20 2005 - 10:42 PM']okay this is what i am referring too:

you know bout needles... u have to get ur blood drawn, u need an IV, u on sum drugs...okay them all involve needles.. and i'm saying you hate needles and u have to get your blood drawn every day and an IV put in every day..

and you really hate needles like you hate losing

so everyday your gettin needles stuck in you .. thats just like losing every day...SO

the 1st time this happens its gonna be pretty tramatic your gunna get upset and your gunna cry

the 2nd day this happens you still are gonna get upset and prolly cry

by the 3rd day your like okay i hafta do this so it doesn't matter your just gon feel a little pain and kinda shrug it off and be alrite

now say this cycle continues going  by the next week it shouldn't be that big a deal your gonna walk up in there and get it done and ur not even gon think twice bout it cuz u kno its gonna happen

this is how yall should feel about losing... its gon be okay and you know its gonna happen!! Losing happens to every1 ..just sum more than others... but your gunna be alrite and get over it... so why even stress at all?? losers are losers

Kristen

825721980[/snapback]

that was the worst comparison to losing i have ever heard .. ty for making my night.

"sets of downs" not "set of downs
At Riverdale, winning is not everything

actually he was only talking about one series where we kicked a FG so its only a set of downs...hes referring to the SET of downs where u put your first team back in to stop us from scoring. thumb

And Im glad u mentioned the fact about fans on the field....I'm one of the main guys who leads it and so naturally I go over things with Nolan and he told me all about the horse and helicopter however....He also told me he wants us to go out on the field and make the tunnel AFTER the helicopter leaves...he even SIGNALED for us too. So you might want to look into things before you start making unfounded accusations...call Nolan and ask him...Nolan and I had a 45 minute meeting about how things will work this year with football and then for the nation and basketball. Nice Try kid but we know what we can do.

And your right winning isn't everything...matter of fact you guys dont know too much about it at all outside of football

Volleyball...2nd to siegel

Girls Soccer...way down from Siegel as are all others

Basketball....AAA State Semi finalists....ur players were in the stands thumb

Boys Soccer....find a coach who knows how to stay within the rules

Baseball ill give to ya now if u can just learn how to score a run at state

Tennis... HAH

XC...Siegels the only team u ever hear about at state so i guess riverdale isnt doin much

and is it just me or does anyone else think that Riverdale06 should have posting privileges revoked for the stupidity of that needle comparison...even worse is she spent about 30 minutes thinking it up....another reason why girls shouldnt be on these boards....get in the kitchen not on the computer dear :ph34r:

now hoolie you can not blame a coach for playing one of his subs being up 7-1 in a soccer game he was a SR who should have known better than to play in a rec league game and with us beating white county so bad the kid got in the game when the coach found out about the rec league game he went to Mr Nolan and they both went directly to TSSAA and reported the violation.

As far as baseball we are trying to score that dadgun run maybe this year we can do it.

Basketball we had a split on the year. And i give you credit yall are good but you gotta give us credit for the atmosphere at our place and how the student section busted through the banner

Seigal SR i DO NOT think you can compare football to basketball if you have a shooter that gets hot or an offical who calls a tight or a loose game effect the game a lot more differnet than in football it is easier to upset someon in basketball than in football. Yes i do consider our win in basketball an upset yall have a lot of talent and a very very good coach wish we had him.

I help RIVERDALE win by supporting them even when we lose and i support all sports and go to a lot of games and talk to the kids most of us on here are parents and we spend a lot of time at ball games cheering these kids on in one sport or another and most of the kids arent even our own. And that is not to mention all the fundraisers we do and all the money we spne d going to games and buying pancake breakfast tickets or car wash tickets asking local buisness for donations working titans concession stand for your booster club so we may not be on the feild but believe me when i say that WE WIN OR WE LOSE

GO WARRIORS

Edited by riverdaleman

didyouseethatmessDANG..

it would prolly be one of the worser comparisons to losing... thats cuz i don't lose very often...SORRY i tried.. atleast i'm glad i made your night!!

and Harris..

if you don't think i should be on the computer you sure don't want me in the kitchen..i can't cook ...the only thing i know how to cook is a box of Mac N Cheese!! and by the way it was only 23 mins. not 30 sum1 needs to go bac to math class!!