DB @ SULLIVAN SOUTH WEEK 1

ArtVandalay

just for the record our kicker has never kicked til about 2 weeks ago and he played every defensive down..so stop tryin to look cool in front of ur players on coach t and grow up and show all that "class" everybody from db thinks that they have

825729800[/snapback]

Thinks???? that they have...

Ok I've pretty much been reading and keeping my mouth closed but I have to say most DB fans, players, and coaches have more class in their pinky than south has as an entire community...

And for those of you who disagree with me than tell me this... Why is there almost always fights at DB South games, but never fights at any of DB's other games??? When DB get vandalized who is it usually? South... sounds like class to me

I mean i was perfectly content sitting and reading all of the posts until you go and say something like that... I mean if you have beef with reno ill let you take it out on him... but to bring down the entire DB football community your just asking for it... good luck the rest of the season and hey man... you wanna prove db people wrong about stuff do it on the field...

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I've pretty much been reading and keeping my mouth closed but I have to say most DB fans, players, and coaches have more class in their pinky than south has as an entire community...

And for those of you who disagree with me than tell me this... Why is there almost always fights at DB South games, but never fights at any of DB's other games??? When DB get vandalized who is it usually? South... sounds like class to me

I mean i was perfectly content sitting and reading all of the posts until you go and say something like that... I mean if you have beef with reno ill let you take it out on him... but to bring down the entire DB football community your just asking for it... good luck the rest of the season and hey man... you wanna prove db people wrong about stuff do it on the field...

825729963[/snapback]

You wanna know another funny one...........i've been going to South games for years and never seen a fight at any other place. Everybody just needs to admit that this is an intense rivalry and there is going to be bad blood. Nothing you and i can do about it. Most of it's all in fun, but sometimes it gets outta hand on BOTH sides! Get over it! I hope nobody is hurt and i hate your QB got hurt, but that's football. He took some hard hits early and often. As for the kickers............they didn't decide the game. A kicker NEVER decides a game. South's kicker should not hang his head for missing the extra point. South just didn't get it done inside the red zone the other night. I think they were the better team, but the best team doesn't always win the game. It's just the start of things though. Next year, there will be no doubt in these boys' minds that they can beat D-B. And as for the earlier posts about ALL of the MIGHTY indians' state titles...............c'mon............we all know D-B would trade ALL their track and tennis titles for South's one baseball championship don't we??? :blink: . They want just one title in the 3 major sports (baseball, football and basketball) soooooooo bad! But, they ain't gonna get it!!

825729963[/snapback]

yeah DRDB in all your wisdom! Nobody from DB has ever came and vandalized south, or started a fight. this has nothing to do with class. to me the only ones involved with this who had any class at all were the players from both sides. excellent sportsmenship displayed from where i sat.

Volman I don't know what the heck you are talkin about, but kickers decide a ton of games. Have you seen any UT-Florida games in the last 5 years, have you seen two of the Patriots Super Bowl wins? I mean I hope you are kidding, cause that could be one of the dumbest statements I have seen on here.

Yes, both schools have their bad apples, it's just that South has a whole orchard of those bad apples and DB has a few trees.

I will say that South's fans and students did a heck of a lot better job than ours cheering and getting loud.

And BigReno is not a coach, he's a math teacher.

DB show a lot of class on here until they lose. Then we hear a million different excuses or bad jokes when we lose.

825730053[/snapback]

DB WON the game. It was the 12th straight win in the series by the KINGSPORT INDIANS, the 6th straight win in the series @ South "Death Valley" (you may want to re-think that stadium name). DB leads the all-time series 21-5. Head Coach Graham Clark is 12-1 vs South.

Game over, to the next thread, game 3 for the Indians, Region Game vs Knox Beardon.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

Volman I don't know what the heck you are talkin about, but kickers decide a ton of games.  Have you seen any UT-Florida games in the last 5 years, have you seen two of the Patriots Super Bowl wins?  I mean I hope you are kidding, cause that could be one of the dumbest statements I have seen on here.

Yes, both schools have their bad apples, it's just that South has a whole orchard of those bad apples and DB has a few trees.

I will say that South's fans and students did a heck of a lot better job than ours cheering and getting loud.

And BigReno is not a coach, he's a math teacher.

825730294[/snapback]

Okay, let me explain because obviously a lot of you do not understand. A game is never decided by a kicker. The offense and defense DECIDE the game. Now, it may appear that a kick wins and loses the game, but if not for the offense or defense getting a team into the position, the kick would mean nothing. South outgained D-B in yardage, first downs, penalties...etc. The only category that D-B won was unfortunately the most important......the score. South didn't lose the game because their kicker missed the extra point, they lost because their offense stumbled inside the red zone. As for South having more bad apples.........look again pal. Many more drug and violence problems at D-B than any other school in the area. Now, as someone said earlier, on to another thread, D-B won, we lost, nuff said! Good Luck to both teams as their journey continues.

Okay, let me explain because obviously a lot of you do not understand.  A game is never decided by a kicker.  The offense and defense DECIDE the game.  Now, it may appear that a kick wins and loses the game, but if not for the offense or defense getting a team into the position, the kick would mean nothing.  South outgained D-B in yardage, first downs, penalties...etc.  The only category that D-B won was unfortunately the most important......the score.  South didn't lose the game because their kicker missed the extra point, they lost because their offense stumbled inside the red zone.  As for South having more bad apples.........look again pal.  Many more drug and violence problems at D-B than any other school in the area.  Now, as someone said earlier, on to another thread, D-B won, we lost, nuff said!  Good Luck to both teams as their journey continues.

825730609[/snapback]

You just contradicted yourself. If kicking doesn't win the games, offense and defense does, then why didn't South win if they beat DB on offense and defense? You know why? Because they didn't make their extra point and we did. The fumbles cost them the game, but it also cost us a TD on the 1 yard line, the point is, the kicking game does decide some games.

Edited by -Catfish-

Okay, let me explain because obviously a lot of you do not understand.  A game is never decided by a kicker.  The offense and defense DECIDE the game.  Now, it may appear that a kick wins and loses the game, but if not for the offense or defense getting a team into the position, the kick would mean nothing.  South outgained D-B in yardage, first downs, penalties...etc.  The only category that D-B won was unfortunately the most important......the score.  South didn't lose the game because their kicker missed the extra point, they lost because their offense stumbled inside the red zone.  As for South having more bad apples.........look again pal.  Many more drug and violence problems at D-B than any other school in the area.  Now, as someone said earlier, on to another thread, D-B won, we lost, nuff said!  Good Luck to both teams as their journey continues.

825730609[/snapback]

I tell you what, you are about as smart as they come. I'm sure you realized that decide means to arrive at a solution that ends uncertainty or dispute about. Now I'm sure that you know DB's kicker and south's kicker decided (that's the past tense of decide) the outcome of the game because one missed a field goal and the other made one. Football is a team game. Everyone from the 3rd string Defensive tackle that practiced hard all week against the 1st string left guard to help make him better to the kicker who scores the game winning PAT decides the outcome of the game. Also I appreciate your statistics of your Drug and Violence Research at DB. It saddens me to hear that such terrible things are so rampant at a school like that.