MBA/Byrnes SC updates

timbdp

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you listened to the Coach Rutledge interview...when Byrnes called him he initially had no idea how good they were. It is great that they scheduled such a good team for people of this area to see. It's also good that the Clinic Bowl associaton probably made good money from the game for a great cause.

That being said...MBA wouldn't have scheduled them if some of the top 5a teams would play them. They wouldn't go out of state. They go out of state because the best competiton within the state will not play them. The same can be said for others of the Super 7. Coach Rutledge said that very thing in the City Paper interview a few weeks ago. It's too bad it is that way. I don't see any solution in the near future.

825722142[/snapback]

Thats the way it is with a lot of private schools- hard to get games scheduled, which is a real shame. I applaud MBA for playing a team of such a high caliber. I played MBA several times in my career and theres not a classy group of ppl in TN, period. I wish them the best of luck this year in D2AAA

I miss the game last Saturday (out of town- lame I know). Congrats to Byrnes on the win and best of luck. From what I hear you have an outstanding team and I will track yall's progress so you better be near the top of the USA Today at the end of the season. To the MBA team-keep working hard and good things will happen. I'm sure Coach Rut has reminded yall of the 2002 season (when we were 4-4 at one point and won 5 straight to win it all) every day at practice. Also, congrats to everyone on Coach T for the healthy debate. Good to see everyone isn't taking shots and cutting each other all the time. I'm off to Ann Arbor on Friday so war on the wolverines as Rose Bowl Champs this year. Redtwin-the dawgs are set for a beating at Neyland this year.