The Big Orange Rumble. . .

rSquared

I'm still a thankin that Coalfeild is gunna win this game. Butt as others has alreddy mensioned, we bettor keep a watch on number 44 on Oneider's deefense. He'll be all over the feild. I got kinfolks in Oneider and McKreary Co, Kanetucky, and Cameron is one of 'em. But the ORANGE AND BLACK WILL WIN THIS'UN!!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boy this should be a good one! Being from Cumberland Gap, I've got to see both of these teams in action. We scrimmaged Oneida in the preseason, and of course came up short against Coalfield in the opener. Coach Wamp and the boys at Oneida are good friends and I hope they do well. You Coalfield folks aint too bad yourselves!! Outta be good one and I can't wi to hear the score, hopefully after a CG win of course!! Best of luck to both teams. :thumb:

Oneida-14

Coalfield-16

:(

In a defensive struggle

What kind of injury did Hill suffer? If Hill and Lambert are both out, it's certainly going to put a twist on this game. I, too, think it will be a defensive struggle. Both defenses are very capable. Against Wartburg, both came within a hair of pitching the shutout. Against McCreary Central Friday night, Oneida held the Raiders to one first down, and that didn't come until midway through the fourth quarter. I understand that Coalfield's D played very well at Cumberland Gap as well.

Oneida still has some things to improve on offensively, and containing Davis will be a big chore. I also think Coalfield is better conditioned, and that could play a factor late. Still, in a defensive game - especially in the event that the remnants of Katrina hang around and muddy the field - I like Oneida's chances with Spradlin at fullback.

I hate to make a prediction; these two teams are going to be pretty evenly matched. I will say two things from an Oneida standpoint: One, folks will be quick to write off the Indians if Lambert cannot go at quarterback, but as The One has already pointed out, freshman Torrey Slaven played very well on Friday. When Lambert went out with Oneida up just 7-0, it just figured that Oneida might be in trouble. But Slaven played with poise beyond his years. And, secondly, everyone's talking about the added advantage of Coach Henry at Coalfield. I think that's been overstated. The Indians have a new coaching staff and its a totally different system at Oneida this year. The one advantage, I would say, is that he spent several years coaching with Burchfield, including Burchfield's one year as head coach in '98.

825730715[/snapback]

cuase the newspaper man said so!!!

Not to toot my horn too loud :blink: , but I have been relatively accurate with the Oneida scores this year. My Wartburg score was 21-6 Oneida, and my McCreary score was 28-0 Oneida. I'm feeling pretty good about calling the Jackets and Indians score this week, but I'm letting the week progress a little before my prediction comes out. One thing seems to be certain, this game will not be a blow out based on the recent history of both of these two teams. I saw Coach B the other day and I can assure you, he has no monkey on his back. The "monkey", if there is such a thing, would be on Coach "Rock". I'll tell you something though, he is a good coach and the Jackets are going to be glad to have him on the staff. I'm sure he'll be plenty riled up :lol: come Friday! In fact, emotions should be pretty high on both sidelines, and we'll all get rewarded with another classic September football game. I hope Festus finds a place to tie up his mule! Later with the prediction!

:thumb: Kaz :lol:

Go Orange and White... BUT

I think Coalfield will be too tough for them. With Lambert injured, I predict Coalfield to take the Indians by 13...although I wish it were different. Spradlin is a great, tough player, and Slaven did step in and do a pretty good job, but I don't think Oneida will be conditioned enough late in the third and forth quarters. Lambert is a tough guy to replace with his quick feet and release.

Festus, you know the Morgan Co. Police must drink as much as us regular folks. I mean with the Prison and Tornado Valley they must get awful skittish around them parts. Heck, I once got pulled by an officer that didn't know his head from his hind end! :lol: Should turn out to be a Deep South Social Affair come Friday Night! Hope everybody is gonna turn in some fine sportsmanship that these two clubs have been known to display for the past several years! Should be a FUN game to watch, but I'm not sure ol' Kaz wants any part of the head knock'in that'll be going on at the Coal Bowl!

:thumb: Kaz :blink: