Alcoa vs. CAK

Tornadofan15

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

see, here we go again. alcoa this alcoa that. alcoa plays like they played against maryville, they could loose 3 or 4 games. CAK has good quarterback and recievers. threw 75% of time against union county. if they see maryville tape, they could throw all over alcoa. all i heard before game against maryville was how maryville would have to run to win, excuse me but hunt kid for maryville threw the ball when he wanted and quite well i think, didn't get sacked i don't think. aloa people get on here and start same thing. alcoa shows up and wins. that is what will cost them state. no one is thinking about fulton.... better think about them.

Your mis-understanding Flashy.

He is not provoking...he is obvious very close to this team and sees what I see. An ALCOA team that had obviously got to much into the all the hype about how talented and wonderful they were. Big headed if you want to call it that?

As Flashy stated "they better find some heart" And quick! The same type of heart they had in the `2004 Championship game.

The team that showed up and played Maryville last Friday reminds me of the team that laid down against David Lipcomb in `2003. When it started to go in the others teams favor, they just quit trying.........

This team better quit believing everything they read in the paper, and here on the internet. There is only ONE way to prove your a great team....................and thats on the field!

All you Seniors better find that HEART, or its going to be over before you know it, and you'll always look back and wished you'd played every game like it was your last!

Save the "bomb-fires" parties till you bring back another championship. Then you'll have something to party about...............

Practice hard and make us believers again! :thumb:

-BlountCountySportsFan

see, here we go again. alcoa this alcoa that.  alcoa plays like they played against maryville, they could loose 3 or 4 games.  CAK has good quarterback and recievers.  threw 75% of time against union county.  if they see maryville tape, they could throw all over alcoa. all i heard before game against maryville was how maryville would have to run to win, excuse me but hunt kid for maryville threw the ball when he wanted and quite well i think, didn't get sacked i don't think. aloa people get on here and start same thing.  alcoa shows up and wins.  that is what will cost them state. no one is thinking about fulton.... better think about them.

825733596[/snapback]

Keep in mind that Alcoa was missing the best player in the state. And its not just that hes the best he also builds confidence in the team as the game goes on.

Your mis-understanding Flashy.

He is not provoking...he is obvious very close to this team and sees what I see. An ALCOA team that had obviously got to much into the all the hype about how talented and wonderful they were. Big headed if you want to call it that?

As Flashy stated "they better find some heart" And quick! The same type of heart they had in the `2004 Championship game.

The team that showed up and played Maryville last Friday reminds me of the team that laid down against David Lipcomb in `2003. When it started to go in the others teams favor, they just quit trying.........

This team better quit believing everything they read in the paper, and here on the internet. There is only ONE way to prove your a great team....................and thats on the field!

All you Seniors better find that HEART, or its going to be over before you know it, and you'll always look back and wished you'd played every game like it was your last!

Save the "bomb-fires" parties till you bring back another championship. Then you'll have something to party about...............

Practice hard and make us believers again! :thumb:

-BlountCountySportsFan

825733713[/snapback]

Thanks BC! I was just stated the truth! The team much find that heart this week! I hope they do, because I will die an Alcoa fan and I would love for them to get back to the Boro!! Last week left me with some doubt about how bad they want another gold ball!! Good luck to them though! :thumb:

Let 'em be. If they get beat again then something is really wrong internally with the team and unless you play or coach for them I guarentee that you don't have a fraction of a clue about whats going on. I think CoachT was created so washed up people could re-live their glory days and talk down about the younger generation of phenoms. Let the boys play ball and then if they did a good job congratulate them. If they lost and did bad let it be. There is no sense in beating a dead horse, they feel bad enough and if everyone keeps bringing up the maryville game it will kind of make it hard to move on to focus on CAK. They will definantly lose if they don't focus, but if they lose I guess it will give you guys multiple hours of entertainment cause God-forbide your own accomplishments do that.

I watched the seniors pratice Monday and saw some of the JV game...a game much of Alcoa's team (due to size) played in. Their working hard to get better. They know what they have to do.

Coach Reid was working with every upperclassman one on one in practice Monday. He talked to each one more than once in the hour I was there.

This may not be the blow out season Alcoa wanted, but it's still gonna be a special year for them. Alcoa just got overwhlemed Friday nite. It got ugly early and they really never adjusted properly.

Lots of the Alcoa kids played hard thru the whole thing though and I was happy to see that. Continued good luck to our Blount Co neighbors...I'm rootin for ya!! :lol:

By the way, I like the black shirt idea...neat way to honor your hard workers. :thumb:

Keep in mind that Alcoa was missing the best player in the state. And its not just that hes the best he also builds confidence in the team as the game goes on.

825733842[/snapback]

First of all I think Alcoa will regroup, if that heart is found like some others have said. Hype, is well hype and it is time for some of you to come off the B. Warren thing as "The Best Player" in the state, because many don’t think he is and is still won’t win you any games. That is part of the problem. The kid is fast, agile and big, these factors make him a good athlete and a D1 "Prospect" nothing more. I know a few officials around the area and word was from Friday night BW was verbally working the officials to a point where Coach Reid was warned about it. The kids, seniors/starters should lead by example and realize the greater good of the team is bigger than their own personal stats. How this team responds the next few games will be a challenge to the coaching staff and leaders. I expect Alcoa to beat CAK handily but, if class and team concept are not shown, then thoughts of back to back runs at the SC will be just a dream not realized. If CAK is able to throw the ball Alcoa will give up a few points but will outscore them in the air and on the ground. Alcoa by 17 Good luck.

825733842[/snapback]

it didnt matter about the "best" player in the state not playing he cant make up a 20 point margin and i know for sure that ryan tallent could shake him out of his shoes and if he couldnt shake him he would run him over but i wish alcoa luck on the rest of their season we are the best team they will play this year on schedule hope to see you all at state

Now i know not everyone agrees about what happened Friday night, Blame coaches , blame players blame fans whoever...But has anyone ever thought HELLO THEY WERE PLAYING MARYVILLE. Ya know its a rivalry but i think its about time Maryville gets a lil respect, Ive beaten them and ive had my butt kicked by them. Id take maryville in a bet any game against ANY team in the state..Even National Ranked Riverdale (not knocking Riverdale). Alcoa will be fine. 14-1 and state champions again. Just play ball and keep wanting it. Unless they completely lose the want and desire of the State championship they will be fine!

Now i know not everyone agrees about what happened Friday night, Blame coaches , blame players blame fans whoever...But has anyone ever thought HELLO THEY WERE PLAYING MARYVILLE. Ya know its a rivalry but i think its about time Maryville gets a lil respect, Ive beaten them and ive had my butt kicked by them. Id take maryville in a bet any game against ANY team in the state..Even National Ranked Riverdale (not knocking Riverdale). Alcoa will be fine. 14-1 and state champions again. Just play ball and keep wanting it. Unless they completely lose the want and desire of the State championship they will be fine!

825734914[/snapback]

Well said. I don't about Riverdale or a few others, but Maryville will not lay down, they'll play a full game. Good luck to Alcoa and the fans. I hope Maryville is at least 14-1 with #14 being a win!