Franklin vs Ravenwood

FHSrebel27

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

The game field has been locked up tight .... I would have loved to have seen Franklin go to black and white painted endzones similar to the days of the old AFL. Either a series of Black Diamonds on a white background or a  Black and White checkerboard. 

Oh well .... In looking at Ravenwood's roster I was surprised to see how they were on paper. I may be wrong but some of there starting lineman are 180-190. I know ...its not the dog in the fight its the fight in the dog .... but I'm still surprised.

I hope we can get to Jennings ....does anone know what his numbers were? Mikrut leads the midstate according to the Tenessean ...but no mention of Jennings!

Passing Leaders

Name School ATT CMP YDS TD 2PT

Michael Mikrut Franklin 36 19 376 0 0

Game statistics

First downs Rushes Passing Pass yards Fumbles Punts Penalties

Ravenwood 6 30-122 5-6-0 61 6-5 3-45.0 9-75

Brentwood Acad. 13 41-126 9-11-1 70 4-1 4-30.0 4-30

I found the Ravenwood Stats from last week... 5 of 6?  ... 5 of 6? I guess it was the weather but why if your QB starts out 5 of 6 ... do you stop at 6?

825735169[/snapback]

Ravenwood went totally away from the pass in the second half against BA to the ground & was very successful. BA DOMINATED the first half in time of possession. That is why Jennings only had 6 passes. Fumbles & penalties absolutely killed Ravenwood. In my opinion if Ravenwood plays with the passion they had against BA & cuts way down on turnovers & penalties they will be very dangerous. They have the offensive horses to put up big numbers & look for them to turn things around this week. Defensively I was inmpressed with their run defense. BA has 2-3 great backs & Ravenwood did a nice job of not letting those guys run wild. I'll be interested to see if Ravenwood has the discipline to cut down on the turnovers & penalties against a very good Franklin team.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the F isn't at the 50, I won't be a happy camper. There's no reason to mess with that tradition of sorts.

And as usual, a great breakdown of the game. You've been complaining about the DEs for years now. I wouldn't imagine you'd finally get your wish this week. However, this would be a heck of a week for it to happen, because I agree with your strategy there. I, too, think it's the best way to keep Jennings and the Ravenwood offense in check. We'll see though...

GO REBS!

825734664[/snapback]

I have not seen either team play this year but I am familiar with each. Coach Webb is certain to have a great game play ready for Ravenwood. I will tell you this, to bring the ends outside and bring them very often could be costly, Ravenwood does spread the field but it is hard to send both DE's and stop the run with 9, that is sacrificing 2 players, oh and the field is spread and so is the defense! Ravenwood is a very good rushing team.