gibson county @ milan

bulldoggfan

Excuses for what? Crockett Co. and Milan are two of the premier programs of West Tennessee if not the entire state along with plenty of others and im sorry, but Gibson County is not on that list. "Back in my day we finished football games" I hope your day wasnt when Gibson County set the state record for consecutive losses in a row.

825734038[/snapback]

Back in my day was when they still had prayer in school. Gibson County may not be on your prestige list of premier football programs but I gurantee they are at the top of the list of academics. I wonder which one will get you farther in life, a football state title or a academic state title? You know the old saying of "how the mighty will fall", I hope your premier program doesn't stumble Friday night. I think your coaches are a little worried since they've been to two of Gibson County's games already. Maybe they know something about your premier program that you don't and they are a little bit spooked. Could it be the list might be changing? Could it be?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back in my day was when they still had prayer in school. Gibson County may not be on your prestige list of premier football programs but I gurantee they are at the top of the list of academics. I wonder which one will get you farther in life, a football state title or a academic state title? You know the old saying of "how the mighty will fall", I hope your premier program doesn't stumble Friday night. I think your coaches are a little worried since they've been to two of Gibson County's games already. Maybe they know something about your premier program that you don't and they are a little bit spooked. Could it be the list might be changing? Could it be?

825734099[/snapback]

Who cares? We're talkin about football!!!!! But if you must know, some of our starters are in the top 10 of their classes and all of our best players are still playin on the college level which means they had to have the grades to get into college... But whatever

825734099[/snapback]

I think Milan actually has better ACT scores than GC. But anyway i think this is a football message board. How can we be worried? You played 2 of the worst teams in the state!!! You can't tell much of anything by looking at those films. Actually i seriously doubt that list will be changing much. GC wins 2 game and they are suddenly a dynasty? You beat a couple of power houses in HALLS AND FAYETTE-WARE well congratulations. Our middle school would be undefeated with that kind of schedule. When you step foot into Johnie Hale stadium friday night you had better make darn sure you know where you're at. This isn't Fayette Ware or Halls THIS IS MILAN! You had better bring your A game if you expect to compete

I think Milan actually has better ACT scores than GC. But anyway i think this is a football message board. How can we be worried? You played 2 of the worst teams in the state!!! You can't tell much of anything by looking at those films. Actually i seriously doubt that list will be changing much. GC wins 2 game and they are suddenly a dynasty? You beat a couple of power houses in HALLS AND FAYETTE-WARE well congratulations. Our middle school would be undefeated with that kind of schedule. When you step foot into Johnie Hale stadium friday night you had better make darn sure you know where you're at. This isn't Fayette Ware or Halls THIS IS MILAN! You had better bring your A game if you expect to compete

825734221[/snapback]

u might want to add that milan has been to the state playoffs for the last how many years count them like thirty or thirty one cant remember for sure and what about gc and four state titles of course that doesnt mean anything we are talking about a team thats 2and 0 right lol thats really pretty funny actuallyoh and one more thing how many playoff games has gc played the past just say five years or really however may u want also morris is the second in line behind mickey marley for winning % so what does that tell ya he know how to get it done

Edited by bulldoggfan

i saw were sumone said sumthin bout gcs loosing streak...i was apart of it. why bring up stuff like that....thats the past no one cares. gcs startin to win sum games and u have to go back to when we were havin hard times winnin in 3A ball.. not even three a ball. we played lower teams, just couldnt get things goin. now we do and u gota flash our past back up...just beacuse u go to milan and set on the sideline while ur watch other guys get the job done doesnt give u the ability to talk about gcs past... milan has great tradition every one knows that... but guess what...that was in the past too.... friday night when those players step out on the field its not gona be a battle of the pasts...its gona be a battle of who wants it more that night....ill be there and ill be goin for gc.....MAY THE BEST TEAM WIN

mayb... we have done that in the past and mayb thats the reason we are goin to be more successful this yr but you also got to get confidence in the players heads and let them realize that they can win games  see whether ppl believe it or not we have had tons of athletes in this school in the past who just havent played football mayb because they dont wanna play for a losing program but if gibson co starts winning football games then the kids who wouldnt play in the past we start playin one at a time. kids who are athletics in the past have said man i dont wanna play for gibson co they sorry dont realize that if they played then gibson co would big a winner and i think that is starting to fall into place. coach argo is doin a great job of gettin more and more students who are capable of being good football players to come out and play. also having the jr pioneers play together at a young age and gettin to know each other and the system is great too. this all is payin off. good job guys  keep up the great work  :D

825733647[/snapback]

It takes a good coach to get those athletes to come out for football. Pratt did that in Crockett Co. They used to be every teams homecoming opponent until he went there.

i saw were sumone said sumthin bout gcs loosing streak...i was apart of it. why bring up stuff like that....thats the past no one cares. gcs startin to win sum games and u have to go back to when we were havin hard times winnin in 3A ball.. not even three a ball. we played lower teams, just couldnt get things goin. now we do and u gota flash our past back up...just beacuse u go to milan and set on the sideline while ur watch other guys get the job done doesnt give u the ability to talk about gcs past... milan has great tradition every one knows that... but guess what...that was in the past too.... friday night when those players step out on the field its not gona be a battle of the pasts...its gona be a battle of who wants it more that night....ill be there and ill be goin for gc.....MAY THE BEST TEAM WIN

825734323[/snapback]

Ill have to wait and call my brother for a score. 93.7 just isnt going to cut it 5 hours away even though I wish it did.

I think its great that Gibson Co. folks are proud of their football team. Before last year most GC folks only wanted to talk about girls basketball. Having said that I hope the Pioneers show up in Milan ready to play. Milan will win regardless but it could turn into a blowout if GC turns the ball over too much.

825735043[/snapback]

u think milans gonna win reguardless ? i think gibson co has a pretty good chance at defeating milan but who knows we'll see friday ?