Oak Ridge vs. Bradley Central

boyfromsi

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will the coaches agree to run the clock the seconfd half? Will the DARKSIDE defense have another shutout? I hope so. On offense I would also like to see a 50/50 run and pass game. Oak Ridge needs to build some confidence in the receiving corps. There are some receivers who run very good routes and in my opnion a little confidence in their abilities would go a long ways. I have watched them in practice and pregame and they CAN catch teh ball. Oak Ridge needs a dependable passing game to win the big one.

Wouldnt it be great if every kid on the team lettered.

I really hope Coach Stevens doesnt concern himself too much with running up the score and does what he has to do to put them in a position to finally take OR to the championship. I think he will

I hope it is a safe game and no one on either side gets injured.

im telling you people this years Bradley Team is not the team of 2004  the bears will not allow Oak Ridge to run the score up to much the finally will be something like 42-19

825736763[/snapback]

you've been saying that and I've not saw a W yet...............Bradley lost to a team that hadn't won in almost 4 years and your still saying there improved???????Thats ok though keep the attitude........ :rolleyes:

Today is game day! Here are some of the strengths and weaknesses I see going into tonight's game:

Strengths:

Defense - I was most impressed with the progress our team has made in learning the new defense. The "Dark Side" has great improved and hopefully that will continue tonight.

Running - We have Spencer. Enough said. Well... more to say. We have Daniel, Paul, and Danny if a team loads up on Spencer. Lots of weapons here.

Passing - Revel Coffey is a weapon, we should call his number more on the passing routes. Both QBs threw the ball well (greatly improved from 2 weeks ago).

Kicking - We have 2 emerging kickers in Ryan Kennedy and Will Hudson, they did a great job with kick-offs and extra points.

Line Play - Both lines did a great job of owning the line of scrimmage. This has been the key to our success the last 3 years. We have good depth here that should pay dividends come the end of the season.

Weaknesses:

We need better balance in our offense. This game our receivers need to get an attitude and go after the ball. We had far too many dropped passes in the last game, that sould have gone for scores. That didn't hurt us for Clinton, but will be game killers for better teams. Both our QBs are delivering the ball well now, our receivers need to step up.

That said, I see our guys being very focused on getting to the Boro. To get there you have to take every game seriously, especially your region opponents. I see a solid victory, but not like last year's blowout against a very unmotivated BC team. Bradley should give us a tough game.

35-7, Oak Ridge.

Edited by boyfromsi