USJ/JCS Rivalry - Gone Too Far?

Kublah

Hmmm... well, I always wanted to go over to Centennial and have some fun. They have these rocks at the north end of the field on a hill layed out to spell "CHS." I always wanted to go over there the Thursday night before the Battle of Franklin and rearrange them to spell FHS and spray paint them maroon.

In my book, that would have been good-natured, rivarly vandalism. You could easily paint them back blue and put them back to spell CHS. If I had done it, I would have fully expected to be the one to be responsible for putting it all back together.

However, to steal things and paint other surfaces and such... yeah, that's going way too far.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can you say it "looks to also be one committed by public not private school students" when they have not been identified.  Why don't we wait for the facts before making such statements.

825740834[/snapback]

read my earlier post...I heard today that arrests were made and that they were not JCS or USJ students...if that is untrue and only a rumor then yes I agree lets wait...but lets also wait on calling private school students unclassy as if they did it...it runs both ways

additionally, My comment was merely reporting a fact...the culprit at Trinity was from JCM not USJ or JCS...and even if this incident turns out to be a student from a public school I in no way am implying htat public school students or fans have no class as was implied in JWHumboldt's post...all of us...public and private have fans who go to far and in no way represent the majority of students or fans or schools...if htis is a student from any school public or private it should not reflect on that school...

It doesn't make it any better or worse if it was a "public" or "private" or both. I also know that there are these good natured pranks that go on between rivals. This could have started that way and went out of control by some or all of the participants. When they find out who did this, they should be dealt with. I don't know extent of vandalism so am in no position to offer an opinion on punishment. My only opinion is the punishment should fit the crime no matter who was involved.

JWhumboldt: I went to public school for eleven years and private for two, and I can assure you with utmost certainty that there is more substance abuse in public than private. I can't believe you would even bring that up.

Concerning the image of USJ being "rich stuck up snobs," I will say this: I encountered 100x more people who were snobbish and conceited during my tenure at public school than I ever did at private. You are really making some sweeping and damaging generalizations with your tastleless comments that are grossly inaccurate as well as insulting to the great number of families who make tremendous sacrifices to send their children to private school.

Staying on that same issue of USJ "snobs," you should know that last Friday night, after USJ's football game, several prominent members of the USJ community- including alumni, parents, an assistant basketball coach and a football player who had just finished playing a game starting both ways- drove all night down to the gulf coast in two eighteen wheelers and a Uhaul truck filled with ice, water, gasoline, and other supplies to help the victims of the recent hurricane. They spent all day Saturday working their rears off doing everything imaginable to help out a lot of people in dire need of help. I don't know about you, but that doesn't seem like snobbish to me.

The fact that these kids go to expensive private schools, their parents are in the "uppity" crowd, they drive fancy cars, and live in big houses doesn't make little Johnny and Sally "good classy people."

825740751[/snapback]

You hit the nail on the head with that one and I dunno why Kublah got so upset about what you said.

They spent all day Saturday working their rears off doing everything imaginable to help out a lot of people in dire need of help.  I don't know about you, but that doesn't seem like snobbish to me.

825741179[/snapback]

What they did was very admirable, but I just hope they don't return to being "snobs" when it comes to being back around the school environs. Just because you do random acts of kindness doesn't mean that pardons your regular comfort zone behaviors.

KublahKD,

You said, "This rivalry seems to have a history of causing good, classy people to act like fools."

We are talking about USJ and JCS, two private schools. At the time you made this statement, it could have easily been implied from the situation that the people that vandalized USJ's campus were from JCS. You implied that yourself with your statement.

This is the mindset I'm talking about: These individuals intentionally vandalized a school and may or may not have also committed theft. This shows lack of respect for their families, their Christian school, and the Law! Do you know that these crimes are FELONIES if over certain amounts?

These kids did these things and you blame it on the "rivalry?" That's the way to teach these individuals responsibility...... "the rivalry made them do it." That's what's wrong with lots of children today, it always someone else's fault. Children don't have to take responsibility for their actions, it's always someone else's fault!!! By the way, people that vandalize a school aren't "good classy people."

Edited by JWhumboldt

KublahKD,

You said, "This rivalry seems to have a history of causing good, classy people to act like fools."

We are talking about USJ and JCS, two private schools. At the time you made this statement, it could have easily been implied from the situation that the people that vandalized USJ's campus were from JCS. You implied that yourself with your statement.

This is the mindset I'm talking about: These individuals intentionally vandalized a school and may or may not have also committed theft. This shows lack of respect for their families, their Christian school, and the Law! Do you know that these crimes are FELONIES if over certain amounts?

These kids did these things and you blame it on the "rivalry?" That's the way to teach these individuals responsibility...... "the rivalry made them do it." That's what's wrong with lots of children today, it always someone else's fault. Children don't have to take responsibility for their actions, it's always someone else's fault!!! By the way, people that vandalize a school aren't "good classy people."

825741480[/snapback]

u are 100% correct kids these days have no respect and are hardly ever held accountable for their actions or even if they are all they get is a slap on the hand

Guest hustle101

ok guys, you want to know how much class the private schools have. here we go. this is no rumor, it is all fact. usj baseball players were playing at my school. about 4 of them entered the bathroom one by one and took a crap without flushing the toilet. one would come out and tell the other to do the same thing and they would laugh about it. they were seen doing this and heard talking and laughing about it. we may not have the nicest facilities and a college campus, but we work our butts off to get what we have. so dont talk to me about how much class private schools have and how much better they are because mommy and daddy have money. that doesnt make you a better person than myself or anyone else. this incident reflects bad on usj because of a few idiots that just want to crap on every other school they dont think has the standards that they have.