MUS-MBA

tsr7487

As an aside to the game, check out MUS's website.  They've put together a football program for the 2005 season (click on the image at the website):

2005 MUS Football Program

This is the most impressive guide I have seen on the high school level.  It has a college media guide look to it.  Nice!

825734296[/snapback]

wow...just read it. pretty sweet. Were these two teams almost dead even last year or what? The stats are almost idenitcal for each team in each game. Talk about a heavyweight fight. Oughta be a good 'un. Here's to a clean game w/ no injuries.

Roll Red.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

has carney lined up at tight end for mba or is rutledge using him as a slot-hback like people had been saying earlier? also how did jd lawhorn do in summer workouts for ole miss?

825736137[/snapback]

JD did well this summer, he has put on some weight and looks pretty good. He is probably going to be red-shirted this season, which is probably better for him, b/c he would not have played a whole lot as a true freshman this year.

Based on what I know, (which isnt much as I have been unable to keep up with HS football too much this year) is MUS does have the upper hand. MUS's defense is by far one of the strongest in the state having returned nearly everybody from last year.

Offense could be suspect but so far has proven all critics wrong. Teams they have played are sub-par but putting up 90 points in your first 2 games is not shabby guys. My only concern is the replacements at runningback. Although they had heydays at times in the air last year, they complemented it well with two quality runningbacks. And running on MBA has always been a hard task in my opinion. They must establish a running game to win this one.

However, I still believe MUS pulls this early season showdown off. MUS by 7.

I was able to be at the game, and the defense did a great job breaking up passes and getting some pressure on the QB. As the stats point out, the run defense was great and really put pressure on MBA to get the ball in the air. Besides a few intemittant competions fro respectable gains, MUS did a great job holding the red.

Offense, too, gave lots of effort and saw some players step up to the challenge. Stephen Bowie made some great catches in the first quarter that freed up MUS for some running. QB Michael Park made great decisions both scrambling and passing that would impress any high school spectator. Tyler Massey was able to put the nail in the coffin as he rumbled and hurdled to a very impressive drive near the end of the game.

I'm sure MBA will be ready for the off-season, and I'm sure that these teams will meet again.