fuel and football

free4only1

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can say all you want to about how much this game means to you and all, but here where I live, in rural western TN, we don't have alot of gas left, for people or for school buses. This situation is far beyond football and no matter how much you love this game, we have bigger problems. I know alot of towns around where I live have NO gas! Some of those towns include Paris, Atwood, Trezevant, and McKenzie. How are parents going to drive kids to games if they have no gas to get to work themselves?

Edited by ChipsAhoy!

You can say all you want to about how much this game means to you and all, but here where I live, in rural western TN, we don't have alot of gas left, for people or for school buses. This situation is far beyond football and no matter how much you love this game, we have bigger problems. I know alot of towns around where I live have NO gas! Some of those towns include Paris, Atwood, Trezevant, and McKenzie. How are parents going to drive kids to games if they have no gas to get to work themselves?

825736484[/snapback]

This is true. Gas is getting hard to find in West Tn. About half the pumps in Milan are dry right now.

This is true, i live in rural west tennessee also. Between arlington, munford, atoka, and covington, etc. its gettin hard to find gas.

825736484[/snapback]

Sorry to hear that about the situation out in west TN but we haven't seen nothing yet. Building materials will soon go sky high soon if not already. How much more can we take. I know I've down sized quite a bit myself.

I am not worried one bit about the gas prices!

By the way, looking for a ride to Kingsport next Friday night ...  ;)

825736509[/snapback]

Its not the gas prices IMO.. Its the fact that we don't have any gas left, even if you had the money. Hopefully this won't be a lasting problem, but I don't know too much about the situation to say if it will be or not.

I'm from Johnson County up near the North Carolina border and it's going to hit us extremely hard. Next Friday night the Longhorns travel three hours away to play Christian Academy of Knoxville and most of us aren't going. Johnson County is one of the poorest counties in the state financially and our sports teams are going to have a hard time getting to the games. I need the internet for my job, but I will probably have to cut out cable in the near future. However, lets keep in mind that things are a whole lot worse for people in New Orleans. I think we should all give at least $10 to Samaritans Purse, the American Red Cross, etc. If we just trust in Christ, He is faithful to provide our needs. I think one thing the schools that have more money could do is provide meals after the game for the players and coaches. Every little bit helps.

Morgan County is gonna get hit pretty hard, too... looks like my trips to Knoxville are ancient history... and going to Oak Ridge isn't going to happen any time in the near future. It's gonna be tricky for me to get to the Coalfield away games I have every intent of going to, but I'll probably still go to the ballgames. Even if we wind up at Murfreesboro, I'd drive just to watch some football.

As for President Bush, I have my theories but that's another story.