DOBYNS-BENNETT VS. OAK RIDGE

-Catfish-

This should be a great one! DB has always fielded a good team and I believe they will be ready for this one. But, I'm not sure they have enough guns to pull this one out against a very talented and deep Oak Ridge team. The game is home for DB and though I would like to pull for them, my prediction is this in a close hard fought battle between two beasts from the east:

Oak Ridge 21

Dobyns Bennett 17

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes sir.. Clinton was terrible and Bradley wasn't that much better but Bearden and Sullivan South aren't exactly Riverdale either. Oak Ridge has only punted once in two games. One thing that Oak Ridge has done well is take advantage of mistakes and has avoided making many mistakes. Oak Ridge showed the ability to throw the ball this past week and I'm sure will get better as the season goes along. Oak Ridge has rolled up points without Gray.. how many points has Bearden put up with him?

825739734[/snapback]

Coach Gray was and still is a great coach... Yes, OR is still putting up the points, but who is to say we wouldn't do the same with him here. And for that matter Coach Gray is not the reason that Bearden isn't putting them up... So please do not dis and dismiss Coach Ron Gray!

Seniors 2006- no regrets!

Yes sir.. Clinton was terrible and Bradley wasn't that much better but Bearden and Sullivan South aren't exactly Riverdale either. Oak Ridge has only punted once in two games. One thing that Oak Ridge has done well is take advantage of mistakes and has avoided making many mistakes. Oak Ridge showed the ability to throw the ball this past week and I'm sure will get better as the season goes along. Oak Ridge has rolled up points without Gray.. how many points has Bearden put up with him?

825739734[/snapback]

Coach Gray was and still is a great coach... Yes, OR is still putting up the points, but who is to say we wouldn't do the same with him here. And for that matter Coach Gray is not the reason that Bearden isn't putting them up... So please do not dis and dismiss Coach Ron Gray!

825739734[/snapback]

No dis intended. Exactly what I wanted to say. Coaches don't score points.. players do. This team can score points regardless of the coach. We just do it in a more exciting fashion now. We have had great players in the past to get the job done and he doesn't have as many there as he has had here. Good Luck to Bearden but honestly I like coaches that stuck around to help the guys win it this year. Anyway.. I'm looking forward to the game do they have any kind of tailgate before the game?

Ahh yes, to those of you in Kingsport, Giddy Up! Here come the 'Cats!

Wheres the tailgate party at?  What kinda food you all got?

These 'Cats have lots of respect for the Tribe, but they are on a mission.  Kinda of a "dark side" thing. 

The weather looks great for Friday night and the OR fans will be a coming to J. Fred.  Get ready for the best of the best in Friday Night High School Football this coming Friday! :)

825738555[/snapback]

PAL'S > bEST FRIES AND PEACH TEA IN THE STATE

palsimage1.jpg

Edited by MasterBlaster 1

This one is almost always a barn burner, whether here or there, regular season or playoffs, rain or shine, ... and it will be again.

Oak Ridge 35

D-B 31

I have no doubt that Graham Clark will have his team prepared and is among the four "most able to make adjustments coaches", seen by the naked eye, in the state.

Good Luck to both teams and pray that everyone will be able to compete to the best of their ability and survive the game safe and unscathed.

The Oak Ridge Boosters are hosting two websites this year. For stats, information on the team and video highlites of past games go to:

www.oakridgefootball.net

For picture viewing of previous games, team photos and for viewing the pics of this game after it is played go to:

www.orwildcats.smugmug.com

Bring on the Pal's and the French Fries!

:lol:

OakRidgeCat,

There will be a tailgate dinner this week, I will have to find out who is sponsoring and who is preparing the food...I will get back to you soon...as you have seen Pal's is nearby on Ft. Henry Drive...on Eastman Road you will find Applebees, Chop House, Cheddars, O'Charley's, Chili's, La Caretta, Golden Corral, Little Mexico, Braeden's Bar-B-Q, Ming Garden, Sloopy's, on the corner of Center Street and Memorial Blvd is Broad Street Bar-B-Q II...lot of good food close to the stadium; Shoney's and fast foods, Burger King, Taco Bell, McDonald's, KFC, Long John Silvers and some good coffee next door to Pal's @ Max Max...

I'll let you know on the tailgate...

Look forward to seeing all the Wildcat faithful...may not enjoy the team near as much...ha,ha...

Roll Tribe Roll

Edited by skunk