The South Doyle Cherokees

Peter North

With the former coach there was no discipline.  The players acted better than the coach. It takes several year to weed out the former coach's bad apples.

825750179[/snapback]

you seem to know alot about the discipline of the former coach,I have watched sd football since it joined schools the former coach had more discipline than you will ever know!!!! You need to be carefull of what you think you know or are one of those that secertly wanted the coach gone, go back and talk to some of the former players and get there oppinions I think you will be highly supprised!!!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So us SD fans are supposed to tell our players they need to wait another 2 years while Duncan and the present staff gets their act together. So we tell our Seniors oh well. So we tell our Juniors oh well. So we tell our Soph. just hang on we might get our act together. I don't think so, the Seniors deserve better than that. What have the been working for?? How would you feel to go to school all day practice until around 8:00pm, come home do homework, try to get something to eat, go to bed get up and do it again, everyday. When you look forward to "PAYDAY" Friday Night, and you and you end up leaving the field with another lose. These coaches and staff don't really seem to care about the players. They appear to be going thru the motions. I have a high interest in the SD program, and I am very disappointed in what UPTOWN is allowing to happen in South Knox. If this was a West Knoxville school things would be different. And if Mr. Duncan is such a wonderful, legendary coach then why is he not coaching. I still say Powell can have him

the coaches at south doyle dont even support the community they dont live here just like the ad or principals.They dont even care about how the field or stadium looks the bleachers have not been cleaned since the former coach was here! how are the players supposed to care when the coaches dont!!!!! Fire them all!!!!!! South Doyle deserves better I agree if it was west knoxville thius kind of stuff would not even be a factor

the problem right now is they dont know how win....they need to show some heart...win a few games....then when they realize how good it feels....they will do what it takes....but it just seems like they go out there and play expecting to lose.....the coaches cant do anything about it.....the players need to play AFRAID to lose.....you have to fear losing to be good.....thats why someone should ask....what is there deepest fear?? it should be along the lines of losing and not living up to potential which results in a loss....hope we get some leadership friday night from a captain or captains....that is needed

LeonardLosers--I have had very close ties to the SD program for along time. And let me begin to tell you that there is no discipline on this team. Swafford's program was doing more for this team than any coach has done for along time. Moral was had at a all time high, school spirit was high, attendance was high, the games were fun to watch, and they actually WON SOME GAMES. Duncan shows up---fires coach for no reason I might add, lets Chandler take over then gets rid of him, and brings in the Rugrats to try to coach the team. SD does not have a prayer unless we get a new AD and some help with the coaching. I like the coaches they are trying, but it is apparent they need some help. If Duncan really cared about this program he would be more visible with the team and get them some help. Wonder if hes seen any practice's ? Swafford was fired for "slapping" a player, well come to a SD practice and see what goes on. These coaches are supposed to be role models, teachers, and then coaches. I wonder if they use the same language in the classroom, that they use on the field. The boys don't respect the coaches, the coaches don't respect the boys, and AD respects no one.

i hate to ever say anything negative about coach duncan but i'm beginning to hear some things from some apparent south doyle fans that are interesting. Did the old coach really have good discipline? I know that they won some games but how long did it take him to do that? If the present coaches are using bad language and Coach Duncan really fired the former coach for that reason he should step up and make some decisions. Was the former coach a visible member in the community? I ask these questions because it seems that some of you are comparing the new to the old. HTV I do have a question for you what is your connection with Duncan? I really have always respected your posts and was just wondering

i hate to ever say anything negative about coach duncan but i'm beginning to hear some things from some apparent south doyle fans that are interesting.  Did the old coach really have good discipline?  I know that they won some games but how long did it take him to do that?  If the present coaches are using bad language and Coach Duncan really fired the former coach for that reason he should step up and make some decisions.  Was the former coach a visible member in the community?  I ask these questions because it seems that some of you are comparing the new to the old.  HTV I do have a question for you what is your connection with Duncan?  I really have always respected your posts and was just wondering

825751022[/snapback]

My son played his first two years of high school football under him and i've gotten to know him very well. I find all of this bashing of Clark very amusing. He is a class individual and has put a lot of effort in to doing what it best for the students at South-Doyle.

There are 3 main things you don't do in Knox County, and apparently he had done all three.

The coaching staff is doing the best they can with what they have. Winning is an attitude. They have some good athletes, but the O-line seemed very small. Great teams tend to have big strong athletic lines. It is hard to win without a line. You can coach the crap out of kids, but size and ability are key.

Everything Coach Duncan did was sent from down town.

There are 3 main things you don't do in Knox County, and apparently he had done all three. 

The coaching staff is doing the best they can with what they have.  Winning is an attitude.  They have some good athletes, but the O-line seemed very small.  Great teams tend to have big strong athletic lines.  It is hard to win without a line.  You can coach the crap out of kids, but size and ability are key. 

Everything Coach Duncan did was sent from down town.

825751121[/snapback]

Sorry but that is not all right.The final decsion was left up to Walker and Duncan! If ad cares so much how come these kids dont even have a football program! They are 4games into the season way to go just another way to improve what everybody thinks of sd football

Need we say anything else.

You have a great staff. Your just in the wrong league.

Region 3-4A is not the league to rebuild in.

The one mistake I do blame Duncan and Hutchins for is dropping down a league. No one outside Region 3-4A, believes us that region 3-4A is the strongest.