Franklin vs Father Ryan

FHSrebel27

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Ryan assistants that have SEC experience? Just because you can spell SEC doesn't make you a qualified coach. It takes a continuous desire to be the best and give 100% to learning and coaching. I get tired of all these guys that once played football thinking that makes them qualified to be an expert coach or even a decent coach. Just because you had heart surgery once doesn't make you qualified to be a heart surgeon, just as playing football is not a prerequisite for being a good coach. In fact being a good football player has no bearing on being a good coach. The skill sets are entirely different. I hope Ryan has some keeper coaches but I am sure they will have some that are dedicated to the cause by this time next year, be it new or old. I think they can win 4 games this year and most likely 6-7 next year. Give Lussier 3-4 years to get his players and staff in place and get a stadium and look out for a powerhouse.

Ole Dad

will ryan blair get any action at qb? franklin will make cory stewart quit on the first play, i've seen him do it before against a hard hitting team. it may not be just the assistant coaches, ryan has some assistants with experience in the sec and such. their jv and freshman teams have fielded successful seasons the past few years, i just don't think the depth has been tapped yet. as a huge fan of D2 football i appreciate franklin scheduling ryan. the dobbyns bennet games vs mba a couple years back rendered two of the best high school games i've ever seen....the clash between public and private always adds another element of excitement to the game, no matter what the talent level yields on either side.

825741229[/snapback]

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We dont run wing-t anymore. In fact, we have a quite complex offensive system that we have put in effect over the last 2 weeks. I think our strongest one is the offense we used during the first half of the JP2 game. And, all the sophmore are hurt now, so Lussier HAS to play seniors, which will really matter.

And as someone said of Lussier having a bad coaching staff, I agree. These guys are not good or succesful assistance coaches. In order for Lussier's program to REALLY work he needs a very good coaching staff, not a bunch of alumni and Kats players.

I think Franklin could learn something from this game if the Irish play their best, like they did against Ravenwood (first half) and Pope (first half)(why do we always quit come 2nd half?). But with everyone hurt on Ryan right now, I dont see it happening. But as Pride30 said, we got a suprise in this season, and we could definitely go 4-6 if we can do what we have the capability to. And to WesVols, what D2-AAA school can offer Franklin a good game? Your precious MBA?(Not saying they are bad, I actually respect MBA a lot for playing tough teams and beating teams with no class (BA)). Franklin should play us, Briarcrest, or McCallie, they would do well (but distance matters).

825741138[/snapback]

Your usual assault on BA. Attacking our class - no less. What area of BA are you speaking? Are you talking about one of our drunken wrestlers assaulting an innocent MBA student at a party this past school year? No wait that wasn't a BA student... hmmm

Edited by USA1

USA your quote was totally uncalled for and displays what everyone is saying when they say that ba has no class. you do not know half the story about AB.

825741518[/snapback]

Oh man - I hate it when you hurt my feelings like that. I think it was called for, obviously. I may not know half the story, but the part that I posted was true. Furthermore, I did not even provide initials, much less a name.

Sorry about deviating from the topic, but I feel it had to be said.

I don't think Ryan will beat Franklin. Franklin has proven to be a big contender in 5A. Ryan could possibly luck up and win a couple of games, but it won't be easy for them. Welcome to Division II football Lussier. As I recall he made a statement on a radio show after it was announced that he was hired at Father Ryan that he had been competing in the best football division of 5A football and that Division II wouldn't be anything compared. Well, Welcome to Division II - Christian Brothers just welcomed you, you still have 6 more to go.

I feel sorry for Ryan. They were once a powerhouse football program that people knew that when they played them, they were going to play with intensity and hit you hard, now, the powers that be at Ryan have totally let the program go so far down, it will take years to every re-build, if re-building is even possible, with so many other good schools and better opportunities around, if you are a good athlete why would you want to go there? I guess Ryan is like a Vanderbilt, you will be able to good above average players but not the best.

Lussier should only be given 3 years to turn the program around. That is all they gave Coach Jemison. If Lussier doesn't win in three years he should be out just like they did Jemison. Jemison is a Ryan alumni. If they treat Lussier different and he is not even a Ryan person - well that says a lot about how Ryan treats their own family. Would you want that to be your family?