Franklin vs Father Ryan

FHSrebel27

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

By the way, OR has State Chamionships in 56', 58', 61', 62', 75', 79'. 80', and 91'. I think that's 8.

Ole Dad

825745859[/snapback]

Again, according to TSSAA they didn't win one in 61. They could be wrong, but the point is that Oak Ridge doesn't have more state championships than MBA and BA combined. Whether they have 7 or 8, its still impressive. It would be pretty cool to see Father Ryan climbing its way up that list in the near future.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, according to TSSAA they didn't win one in 61.  They could be wrong, but the point is that Oak Ridge doesn't have more state championships than MBA and BA combined.  Whether they have 7 or 8, its still impressive.  It would be pretty cool to see Father Ryan climbing its way up that list in the near future.

825745864[/snapback]

BA's last D1 championship was Jefferson County '96 (5A). Riverdale was a

year earlier. Other championships included Alcoa, Knox Powell, Knoxville

Austin East (among others). Many runner ups in this same era to teams

such as Maryville, Cleveland and Alcoa. BA moved to DII in '97 or '98 to

a host of silverballs (unfortunately).

Edited by jek

What is MBA's record this year?

825745830[/snapback]

2-2

Which one of the teams you mentioned has won 65 games in the last 6 years?

825745830[/snapback]

None, not even including the 6+ years you are including to get ORHS up to 65 wins (I see, on this site, 39 ORHS wins from 2001-2004, and if the TSSAA site is correct in showing quarterfinals losses for ORHS in '99 and '00, the most wins ORHS could have "in the last 6 years" is 63, so you must be including this year as well). MBA is, of the three schools mentioned, closest at 61 (using the 6+ years scenario), despite a schedule that has been, bar none, the most difficult in the state.

I am a new Ryan fan but will enjoy beating you chumps on a regular basis.

825745830[/snapback]

I wish Ryan the best, but they have a long history to overcome, as they have overall losing records to each of the three aforementioned schools (MUS, BA, MBA).

OR has 8 state Championships and 2 national championships.

825745830[/snapback]

And that's why ORHS is one of the greatest programs in the history of Tennessee football (and to clarify a previous post, the TSSAA does not recognize ORHS's '61 title). If ORHS wants to claim it, fine by me, but a lot of other schools can claim additional titles not shown on the TSSAA website as well.

Forgive me, but I don't remember ever seeing any of the teams you mentioned rated in the top 25 national poll.

825745830[/snapback]

Check out USA Today, PrepNation, etc. MBA and BA have been ranked in multiple polls the last 10 years.

The teams you named don't have 8 state champinships between them.

825745830[/snapback]

The numbers are what they are, despite your trying to back out of the argument when proven incorrect by other posters.

You football experts are a hoot...Get real.

825745830[/snapback]

None of us claim to be experts, but doing a little research before you dog others can help you save a little face.

Oak Ridge has a fine program, fine history, etc. Don't diminish the program and yourself by speaking out of your (rear).

a question was asked if the coaching cost franklin the game or if the players on the field are at fault.

All I can say is I am shocked at all the changes that have been brought in at FHS.  Camp changed to be nothing more than practice, Max 2 hour practice, Skipping Practice on Monday, Skipping Practice on Thursday,  Not watching film or breaking down film of your opponent - what result did could anyone expect.

The players were ill prepared to compete in this contest and it showed.  I haven't seen a Franklin team pushed around in the previous three years, now I've seen it at Oakland and again last night.

There seems to be a lack of discipline, heart, and pull in the same direction - and that has to start with the coach.

I no longer have a player at Franklin, and in all honesty I am extremely happy that my son played for the previous coach who instilled heart, passion, and an incredible will to outwork and outperform any and all opponents.

Maybe last nights result will wake this staff up, and I hope the remaining coaches who worked for Tim Johnson have a heart to heart with Coach Clayton and bring back the Blue Collar attitude to this proud Program.

825745856[/snapback]

Well said....

I dont want to hear people say Franklin isnt good because they lost to Ryan, thats ########. Franklin is a darn good team and they deserve their rank in the top 10.

And I am sick of fans from other DII schools coming on here saying we wont be good.

Are you guys afraid that Ryan might become what they were in the 80s and 90s? I would love to see that, and I think its only a matte of months, not years!

If you dont like Ryan, dont post about them.

no one is saying Franklin isn't good because they lost to Ryan, what is being said is Franklin is not the team or program that everyone in Franklin has grown accustomed to seeing play on Friday nights the past 3 years.

A team that wasn't pushed around by anyone - regardless of talent level. A team that showed a never quit mentality. A team that quietly went about their business, but made their presence felt loud and clear in the trenches.

Ryan came in coached up, Franklin did not. Ryan executed, Franklin did not, Ryan played 48 minutes, Franklin did not.

I have sat in the stands or in the booth the past 3 years at Franklin and always felt regardless of the score, our guys could come back and win (including Riverdale last year) because the boys were prepared and had the desire to continue to compete to the final whistle. That passion seems to have left coincidently with Coach Johnson.

You football experts are a hoot. What is MBA's record this year? Which one of the teams you mentioned has won 65 games in the last 6 years? I am a new Ryan fan but will enjoy beating you chumps on a regular basis. OR has 8 state Championships and 2 national championships. Forgive me, but I don't remember ever seeing any of the teams you mentioned rated in the top 25 national poll. The teams you named don't have 8 state champinships between them. Get real. But like I said, get ready to get your clock cleaned on a regular basis.

Ole Dad

825745830[/snapback]

You seriously need a reality check. You won 1 game thats right 1 big game and you think your team is the next coming. I will laugh hysterically as you lose to all 3 of those teams. Who cares what MBA's record is this year they have played teams that are far superior in every way and fashion than Ryan. I admire your support and belief in your team although it is misguided. And MBA has been rated in the top 25 national poll. I think it is funny how you call me out as not knowing anything about football and yet you have so many wrong facts in your post it is dumbfounding. As I have said before many times have fun losing to BA, MBA, and MUS and not making it to the playoffs again.

Edited by Bauber

You seriously need a reality check.  You won 1 game thats right 1 big game and you think your team is the next coming.  I will laugh hysterically as you lose to all 3 of those teams.  Who cares what MBA's record is this year they have played teams that are far superior in every way and fashion than Ryan.  I admire your support and belief in your team although it is misguided.  And MBA has been rated in the top 25 national poll.  I think it is funny how you call me out as not knowing anything about football and yet you have so many wrong facts in your post it is dumbfounding.  As I have said before many times have fun losing to BA, MBA, and MUS and not making it to the playoffs again.

825746278[/snapback]

Hey pal, why don't you let us enjoy our big win! Stay on your own teams threads and keep your predictiions to your self. It takes quite the genious to get on here and say that Ryan will loose to BA, and MBA (what a bold prognosticator you are).I believe the odds are kind of in your favor on those predictions. What every one is saying is that if we can play like we did on Friday night, we can beat any one that we play, and from what I personaly whitnessed that is the truth. That game agianst Franklin shows that we have the tallent to compete, it is just a matter of getting it out of our boys on every Friday night. I don't know what you think you know about Father Ryan but our recent history has nothing to do with our overall history and we now have the right leadership to go along with our alumni support. We will enjoy our wins with or without the approval of condescending idiots like you. Enjoy your oun teams wins and keep your nose out of ours.

Edited by IRISHDOG

Hey pal, why don't you let us enjoy our big win! Stay on your own teams threads and keep your predictiions to your self. It takes quite the genious to get on here and say that Ryan will loose to BA, and MBA (what a bold prognosticator you are).I believe the odds are kind of in your favor on those predictions. What every one is saying is that if we can play like we did on Friday night, we can beat any one that we play, and from what I personaly whitnessed that is the truth. That game agianst Franklin shows that we have the tallent to compete, it is just a matter of getting it out of our boys on every Friday night. I don't know what you think you know about Father Ryan but our recent history has nothing to do with our overall history and we now have the right leadership to go along with our alumni support. We will enjoy our wins with or without the approval of condescending idiots like you. Enjoy your oun teams wins and keep your nose out of ours.

825746304[/snapback]

I am not being a prognosticator just simply stating the cold hard truth. You guys think because you won one big game you are simply going to magically tear through Div II AAA and become dominant in the years to come as your fans have stated. I am not being condescending but merely stating the obvious. And I love how you come back with insults that I have not heard since the 3rd grade.

Great win Irish!  I couldn't see it but I heard it was amazing.  Just don't get cocky about 1 win.  We need about 9 or 10 more of those, then you deserve to be cocky.  Congratulations and keep up the goodwork.

825745068[/snapback]

Like I said earlier. Don't get cocky about one big win. We did the same thing last year after the CBHS game and almost lost to a BGA team that we should have killed. Be excited about the game, but just don't be cocky. We have nothing to be cocky about... yet, hopefully. Good luck next week and the rest of the season.

I agree completely with Franklin winning big time.  Father Ryan is still struggling and this is not their year.  Look for them to stay in in a quarter, maybe two.

Franklin 49

Father Ryan 14

825739379[/snapback]

I guess Franklin is not as good as everyone predicted. To let a team that is 0-2 come to your house and kick you around the field. It goes to show you that the coaching staff at Father Ryan knows a little bit about how to prepare a team for a game and not give players 2 days off during the game week.