Choo Choo Info & Results

PageMan

I will be calling in the scores to CoachT (the man) starting at around 5 PM Eastern if I can get cell phone service at Red Bank.  I believe a parent from GPS will let ComPassion know how the East Ridge matches are going.  ER Coach Catherine Neely said she would give me the scores from there late Friday night if I can get my computer up at the Comfort Inn.  I will be pressed for time late Friday night so my reports will be brief here.  I may just be able to post the game scores.  Check the scoreboard for the match scores or your favorite team's schedule.  Any missing scores will be posted as I get them with a full report either late Saturday night - and I mean late as I'll probably won't be back to Bethesda until midnight - or early Sunday morning - the more likely scenario.

825743940[/snapback]

Just match scores will be great! We'll all be looking forward to your detailed reports when you find the time.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Due to considerable interest in the results of the Choo-Choo, it has been moved and pinned in the main board for the duration of the weekend. I'll put it back under Game Info either Saturday night or sometime Sunday.

Many thanks to PageMan, the Chattanoogan, ComPassion, and others for making quick results possible! ;)

P.S. The Chattanoogan ought to feature one of PageMan's fantastic game reports in their Sunday paper.

Here is how the RB pools finished up:

Pool E:

1st - Red Bank 3-0

2nd - Summertown 2-1

3rd - Hixson 1-2

4th - Ravenwood 0-3

Pool F:

1st - Notre Dame 3-0

2nd - Ooltewah 2-1

3rd - Page 1-2

4th - Warren Co. 0-3

Pool G:

1st - Baylor 3-0

2nd - Overton 2-1

3rd - Chattanooga Central 1-2

4th - Eagleville 0-3

Pool H:

1st - Cookeville 2-1

2nd - Soddy Daisy 2-1

3rd - Boyd Buchanan 1-2

4th - Cordova 0-3

Since Red Bank won their pool, they will play a 1st place pool at Red Bank Saturday. One of the 3rd or 4th place pools at East Ridge will stay there tomorrow. I didn't get all of the game scores from Red Bank as they were just shown as wins. I'm worn out but maybe I can get something else on here tomorrow morning before I check out.

I am sure PageMan will get the real results up soon but until then here is a little bit from Red Bank.

-Baylor undefeated to win their pool, toughest match against Overton. Meaghan Sledge and Jesse Hildebrand hammered a few personal bests.

-Notre Dame undefeated in most balanced pool. So, they are first. Good 3 game match V. Oowa. Oowa had them 14-11 in gm 3. Good 2 game match against Page. ND again overcame deficits to win. Keri Partridge played as good as she ever has. Setting much improved. Oowa's hitting % is improved. Both tms still will improve greatly as the season rolls on.

-Oowa beat Page in a good match, they said Gatewood had a good match ..and everyone beat Warren Co.

-Red Bank had a pretty easy pool and won it, toughest match against Ravenwood I think. Emily Lawson and Bailee Chastain blasting the ball.

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_72288.asphttp://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_72288.asp

Above is Boyd Buchanan's story on the Chattanoogan.com

Looks like Chattanooga tms on top in 5 of 8 pools. Congrats.

And, they still are not playing THAT good ..I think their fans would agree to this, the ones I spoke to do. More up and down than usual. BUT, they ALL are improving every wk and tracking to be just fine in a month or so. Some of the Sophs and Jrs are really improving rapidly. Good job coaches!

This season, more than others in the last 6 yrs, looks to be about who will keep improving technically and maturing athletically more than who has what superstars.

CowboysUp, sorry I didn't get to talk ..I had a paw paw for you.

Good luck to all tomor.

Edited by ComPassion

Thanks Compassion for the info. I don't really have time to say much as Page has a 9 AM match at Red Bank against Hixson. I'm a little sore this morning from my tumble in the bleachers yesterday and my right hand is sprained and I have a 4 inch scrape on my shin, but I will be ok, I think

Page won their opening match over Warren Co. and appeared to be on the verge of winning the 1st game against Notre Dame leading 24-20, but ND came back to win 26-24. Page also won the opening game against Ooltewah, but the Lady Owls recovered to win the next two games easily as Page ran out of steam in the hot middle school gym at Red Bank.

Good luck to all the teams today. I have to go now and I'll have more to say late tonight about Saturday's action

A few results from ER.

-GPS beats ER in a good 3 gm match. You could tell the players on both tms were playing for pride, very hard fought.

-ER beat Father Ryan in a good 3 gm match. Ryan had it in the 3rd but ER came back.

-Oowa has a very easy pool, will win all 3.

-GPS just beat Blackman, ER will beat them next.

At Red Bank I heard Notre Dame beat Red Bank in two.

Baylor beat ND in 2 good games.

Edited by ComPassion

As you see GPS Wins it.

Random thoughts:

-GPS deserved it. Girls played with passion and played to win the tourney, lost maybe 3 games, lost no matches. Two wins vs. Father Ryan, two wins vs. ER. The final was actually pretty easy for them, their speed of attack and good defense wouldn't let ER get into their flow. Many girls played very well, but it was especially cool to see a kid named Jennifer Laughlin BECOME a VB player this wkend.

-Father Ryan is a good tm, it was hard to see why they ended up losing the matches they lost. Some final piece is not in place ..but the piece is in there somewhere ..maybe just swap two players in the lineup ..something simple like that ..I hope they can find it. They are very good and most tms won't have the blking or digging skills to hang with them.

-ER played very good most of the time, much more consistently than earlier, 'happy for them that things are smoothing out.

-Baylor is improving alot. Ooltewah knocked them out, and no offense to Oowa at all, but I think Baylor "should" beat them, at least at this point in the season. We heard that Baylor had a bad gm 1 and then gm 2 was very close. Having a starting setter out with a mild injury didn't help this wkend ..they too are searching for one more piece to come together ..I would not want to play them and still haven't seen a blk that can stop Scoggins when she wants to not be stopped.

-Oowa is strange this year. So very different. And, they keep winning! ..made it to the semi's here. But, it's strange. They are still looking for about 3 pieces to come together ..so they are doing quite well considering how raw they are. I wouldn't want to play them either, they have weapons that are very tough too and I hope they find their high level groove.

-Notre Dame had a very good Friday and a good Sat morn, beating who they should have beaten and beating some equal tms ..but losing to Bradley ..ouch ..I know Bradley is loving it ...and yes Bradley, that was torture for those of us with ties to those kids ..congratulations, that was a big time coup ..you win that one. ND has improved greatly and will continue to do so it appears.

-Everyone respected Sullivan South, two tough losses to knock them out of contention. It took GPS's absolute best to beat them.

-Red Bank is doing pretty well. The Oowa/RB matches to come will be interesting and no one could possibly know who is the favorite at this time.

Jerry, the concession king at ER just got cleared from a cancer bout ..we missed the ice cream! and are glad he is doing better.

As a VB fan I thank John Wilson, owner/operator of Chattanoogan.com who personally covered the tourney himself ALL day ..see their site for real reporting.

http://www.chattanoogan.com/sports/home.asp

Jaime from the paper covered it too, I don't know if you have to be a subscriber to get it online or not, but the site is http://www.timesfreepress.com/

Good luck to all.

Edited by ComPassion

Page won their opening match over Warren Co. and appeared to be on the verge of winning the 1st game against Notre Dame leading 24-20, but ND came back to win 26-24.  Page also won the opening game against Ooltewah, but the Lady Owls recovered to win the next two games easily as Page ran out of steam in the hot middle school gym at Red Bank.

825745337[/snapback]

Thanks for the updates PageMan. It's great to be able to keep up with the team even if we can't make the trip to Chattanooga. We really appreciate what you do! :thumb:

Edited by Getbckupngo

First of all, Congrats to GPS. Your girls looked great. Next, PageMan and Cowboys Up it was nice to meet both of you. ComPassion, I'm really sorry I bumped into you a "couple" of times (LOL). Seriously, thanks again for the present, it will only make me look more goofy at the tournaments! I also agree with CP's comments about the coverage by chattanoogan.com and the Free Press. Finally, to both ER and RB for running a great, fun tournament. Oh yeah, OHS nice job of playing hard, especially your last 3 matches of the day. You all can win if you just stay focused.