Choo Choo Info & Results

PageMan

Here are some of the scores from the Red Bank site on Saturday:

Silver Championship:

Sullivan South over Boyd-Buchanan 2-0 (25-18, 25-16)

Silver Semi-Finals:

Sullivan South over Eagleville 2-0 (25-12, 25-7)

Boyd-Buchanan over Hixson 2-0 (25-21, 25-15)

Silver Quarter Finals:

Sullivan over Ft. Payne, AL (sorry, no scores)

Eagleville over Page 2-1 (25-22, 22-25, 16-14)

Hixson over ? (unknown oppt. or score)

Boyd-Buchanan over Warren Co. 2-0 (26-24, 25-15)

Silver 1st Round:

Sullivan South over Ravenwood 2-0 (25-7, 25-11)

Ft. Payne, AL over Chattanooga Central 2-1 (20-25, 25-19, 15-8)

Eagleville over Grace 2-1 (21-25, 25-23, 15-13)

Page over Lookout Valley 2-0 (25-14, 25-17)

Hazel Green vs Cordova (sorry, no score)

Hixson over Ridgeland, Ga (sorry, no score)

Warren Co. over Chattanooga Christian (sorry, no score)

Boyd-Buchanan over CAK 2-0 (25-20, 25-14)

Saturday Pool Play:

Since Red Bank won their pool Friday, they played a 1st place pool on court 1 at Red Bank instead of originally scheduled for East Ridge

Notre Dame over Red Bank 2-0 (25-17, 25-22)

Baylor over Cookeville 2-0 (25-21, 25-?)

Red Bank over Cookeville (25-20, 25-23)

Baylor over Notre Dame 2-0 (25-23, 25-21)

Baylor over Red Bank (sorry, no scores)

Notre Dame over Cookeville (sorry, no scores)

In the 3rd & 4th place pools, one of the 3rd place pools originally scheduled for Red Bank, was played at East Ridge, so I have no scores for that pool.

On Court 2 at Red Bank - 3rd place pool

Page over Hixson 2-0 (25-4, 25-21)

Boyd-Buchanan over Chattanooga Central 2-0 (25-23, 25-21)

Boyd-Buchanan over Hixson 2-0 (25-23, 25-18)

Page over Chattanooga Central (25-21, 25-16)

Hixson over Chattnooga Central (sorry, no scores)

Boyd-Buchanan over Page 2-1 (26-28, 25-22, 15-13)

Court Court 3 at Red Bank - 4th place pool

Ravenwood over Warren Co. 2-0 (25-15, 25-19)

Eagleville over Cordova 2-1 (25-23, 12-25, 15-11)

Cordova over Ravenwood 2-1 (25-12, 25-22, 15-10)

Warren Co. over Eagleville 2-0 (29-27, 25-18)

Eagleville over Ravenwood (sorry, no scores)

Warren Co. over Cordova (sorry no scores)

I am missing the other pool scores.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Comments:

It was good to meet ComPassion and VballDaddy78. Also it was good to talk again with DaddyDeuce and another coacht poster from Sullivan South. I also had some good conversations with some parents from the other teams.

I was disappointed it that Page didn't make it to East Ridge as I missed the great food they have there and watching the Gold bracket with its great teams. Maybe will get there next year.

While it was nice that Red Bank got to play on its home court for the Sat. Pool, I did not like that I didn't get to see the 3rd place pool that was originally scheduled there.

The room I had at the Comfort Inn in East Ridge was not very good. Several lights were out, the refrigerator was frozen up so you couldn't open the doors, and when I set-up my computer, I couldn't access the internet even though there was a computer connection on the room phone. After a call to the front desk, they finally corrected the problem with their switch board. The connection was extremely slow (about 27K) and I couldn't access coacht for about 30 min. By the time I finally got on, I was too tired to post much Friday night.

Saturday was a extremely long day as I stayed after Page lost out to see who won win the Silver Finals. There were several good matches during the day, but I was worn out at the end of the play and the long drive back to Bethesda was almost too much. At times, I would forget where I was as I drove along 24 west. I was lucky I made it back. It was good to get home and sleep in my own bed.

Comments:

It was good to meet ComPassion and VballDaddy78.  Also it was good to talk again with DaddyDeuce and another coacht poster from Sullivan South.  I also had some good conversations with some parents from the other teams.

I was disappointed it that Page didn't make it to East Ridge as I missed the great food they have there and watching the Gold bracket with its great teams.  Maybe will get there next year.

While it was nice that Red Bank got to play on its home court for the Sat. Pool, I did not like that I didn't get to see the 3rd place pool that was originally scheduled there.

The room I had at the Comfort Inn in East Ridge was not very good.  Several lights were out, the refrigerator was frozen up so you couldn't open the doors, and when I set-up my computer, I couldn't access the internet even though there was a computer connection on the room phone.  After a call to the front desk, they finally corrected the problem with their switch board.  The connection was extremely slow (about 27K) and I couldn't access coacht for about 30 min.  By the time I finally got on, I was too tired to post much Friday night.

Saturday was a extremely long day as I stayed after Page lost out to see who won win the Silver Finals.  There were several good matches during the day, but I was worn out at the end of the play and the long drive back to Bethesda was almost too much.  At times, I would forget where I was as I drove along 24 west.  I was lucky I made it back.  It was good to get home and sleep in my own bed.

825746455[/snapback]

What was your opinion of Cookeville..if you saw them and SUllivan South. I really thought they would atleast make the GOld tournament. (south)

Cookeville looked pretty good Friday in pool play at Red Bank, but I didn't get chance to really see them. They didn't do well Saturday in the 1st place pool at Red Bank since they lost to Baylor, Red Bank, and Notre Dame. I'm not sure exactly how they did in the Gold Bracket at East Ridge as I'm still trying to analyze the info from "The Chattanoogan" on play there.

Sullivan South is an excellent team and should have been in the Gold Bracket. Their losses to Farragut and GPS in Friday's Pool Play put them in the Silver where they won. They have some big hitters and play excellent defense. I can't really tell you much as my mind was mush by the time they played in the brackets. Their Sat. pool play was at East Ridge so I didn't see any of those matches.

Please allow a little sentimentality from a mom of a senior. I have many memories from Chattanooga volleyball tournaments and camps, from back in the Emily Perilli days to my last day in Chattanooga as a volleyball mom which was yesterday. I have a few bitter memories such as my daughter's freshman year at the 4 day camp in Aug., she and some others broke curfew and got in lots of trouble, understandably so. Playing in the Middle school gym when the temp is 98 degrees outside and 95 degrees inside that gym. Not fun! All who have been in there will agree. But most memories are as sweet as Jerry's homemade ice cream. Watching the most talented volleyball players in the state year after year has been a true pleasure for me, whether or not they have played for Page. I'd like to thank all who are responsible for the tournaments and camps, especially Coach Neely. I was truly sad to leave yesterday.

Some thoughts on Page volleyball: Our girls can play with the top teams most of the time. As I witnessed during our matches with Notre Dame and Ooltewah, we play to our competition. We played good volleyball while playing these teams, with the exception of the 3rd game in the Ooltewah match. We were ahead of both of these teams, then lost. Maybe we haven't learned how to win when we're ahead yet. I'm sure that will come in time. Then when we play mediocre teams, we play mediocre. In every match this past weekend, I am proud to say that our girls played with a lot of heart, tried hard, and never gave up.

ComPassion, sorry I missed you. VballDaddy78 and DaddyDeuce, nice to see you guys. Pageman, you're simply the best fan any school could have and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. The girls love having you there!

Don't make me cry, CU. I have thought about you as your daughter plays her senior year. We all will miss you next year and I have enjoyed our conversations over the years. I know Page gained some valuable tournament experience this weekend and now must concentrate on our district matches to advance to post-season play. When the final match does come - hopefully at the state championship - I know it will hard on you. You have given your all to VB over the years and everyone appreciates your efforts.

Cookeville looked pretty good Friday in pool play at Red Bank, but I didn't get chance to really see them.  They didn't do well Saturday in the 1st place pool at Red Bank since they lost  to Baylor, Red Bank, and Notre Dame.  I'm not sure exactly how they did in the Gold Bracket at East Ridge as I'm still trying to analyze the info from "The Chattanoogan" on play there.

Sullivan South is an excellent team and should have been in the Gold Bracket.  Their losses to Farragut and GPS in Friday's Pool Play put them in the Silver where they won.  They have some big hitters and play excellent defense.  I can't really tell you much as my mind was mush by the time they played in the brackets.  Their Sat. pool play was at East Ridge so I didn't see any of those matches.

825746512[/snapback]

Reslts from the Gold bracket, at ER were:

GPS 2, Summertown 0

Farragut beat Cookeville

Ft. Ryan 2, Soddy Daisy 0

Bradley Central 2, Notre Dame 1

East Ridge 2, Overton 0

Dobyns Bennet 2, Red Bank 0

Ootewah 2, Blackman 0

Baylor 2, USJ 1

Quarters:

GPS beat Faragut

FR beat Bradley

ER 2, DB 0

Ooltewah 2, Baylor 1

Semis:

GPS 2, FR 0

ER 2, Ooltewah 1

Final: GPS 2, ER 0

Thanks, VBallDaddy78. I have been trying to fill in the blanks on my forms and your info has verified what I thought happened at East Ridge. I am going to update my forms on my computer and print them out for Cowboys Up as a momento of her last Choo Choo. Ooltewah really did well in their wins in the Gold Bracket and your girls should be proud of their play. It looks like you gave ER a run for their money in that semi-final. Taking the first game 25-21 must have really given ER a scare, but I guess they recovered to take the next games, 25-16 and 15-6. Maybe you'll have another shot at them at the BIVT once bracket play starts on Saturday.

Thanks, VBallDaddy78.  I have been trying to fill in the blanks on my forms and your info has verified what I thought happened at East Ridge.  I am going to update my forms on my computer and print them out for Cowboys Up as a momento of her last Choo Choo.  Ooltewah really did well in their wins in the Gold Bracket and your girls should be proud of their play.  It looks like you gave ER a run for their money in that semi-final.  Taking the first game 25-21 must have really given ER a scare, but I guess they recovered to take the next games, 25-16 and 15-6.  Maybe you'll have another shot at them at the BIVT once bracket play starts on Saturday.

825747067[/snapback]

It's the second time this year we have taken the first game from ER but have yet to win a match with them (0-3). Much like we took the first game against Brentwood a couple of weeks ago but lost in 3. I do believe we are improving and I think / hope this past weeknd gave us more confidence and that will help us to continue to improve.

Thanks to everyone for entering the scores to all 48 matches for Friday's pool play. I only had time & energy to update Page's schedule for Saturday's pool and bracket play. If any of you want to add your Saturday matches to your schedules, you can still do that - especially if your team did well. It would show how well your team did for the entire tournament. Make sure you know the final match score so you can update the scoreboard when CoachT adds the match at some point after you enter it. Thanks again for all your efforts.

Unofficially, here are the team records for the Choo:

10-0 - GPS

8-2 - East Ridge, Sullivan South

7-3 - Boyd-Buchanan

7-1 - Baylor

7-2 - Ooltewah

6-2 - Farragut

6-3 - Father Ryan

5-2 - Notre Dame, Soddy-Daisy

5-3 - Dobyns-Bennett

4-3 - Red Bank

4-4 - Page, Bradley Central, Ft. Payne AL, Hazel Green AL

4-5 - Eagleville, Hixson

3-4 - Cookeville, Overton, Blackman

3-5 - Warren Co.

2-5 - USJ, Summertown, Grace, Ridgeland GA

1-6 - Ravenwood, Chatt. Cent., Cordova, Lookout Valley, Chatt. Christ.

0-7 - CAK

These are just records - not an absolute ranking of teams. Teams that have only 7 matches lost out in the 1st round of their respective bracket.

Edited by PageMan

Unofficially, here are the team records for the Choo:

10-0 - GPS

8-2 - East Ridge, Sullivan South

7-3 - Boyd-Buchanan

7-1 - Baylor

6-2 - Farragut

6-3 - Father Ryan

5-2 - Notre Dame, Soddy-Daisy

5-3 - Dobyns-Bennett

4-3 - Red Bank

5-4 - Ooltewah

4-4 - Page, Bradley Central, Ft. Payne AL, Hazel Green AL

4-5 - Eagleville, Hixson

3-4 - Cookeville, Overton, Blackman

3-5 - Warren Co.

2-5 - USJ, Summertown, Grace, Ridgeland GA

1-6 - Ravenwood, Chatt. Cent., Cordova, Lookout Valley, Chatt. Christ.

0-7 - CAK

These are just records - not an absolute ranking of teams.  Teams that have only 7 matches lost out in the 1st round of their respective bracket.

825751153[/snapback]

PM, not trying to be too picky but Ooltewah only lost there first and last matches and won 7 in a row, in between (7-2).