MBA / CPA

divepix

CPA they just have not been having good luck since the playoff lost last year againts MT.PLEASANT O'WELL couldn't happen to a better bunch of smart$$$$$ cockie people <_<

825745201[/snapback]

Team Championships for Christ Presbyterian Academy

Sport Year Class Description TeamRecord Score Site Comment

Football 2002 Class 1A Team Champions (12-3) 26-20 OT Murfreesboro

Football 2000 Class 1A Team Champions (15-0) 49-27 Murfreesboro

Soccer 1999 Class A-AA Team Champions (18-1-2) 1-0 Chattanooga

Team Championships for Mt. Pleasant

There were no matches for your selection - Please go back to the selection page and try again.

Maybe the TSSAA website is acting up tonight.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wesvols writes "what controversy?"

it really is disgusting that all you ba, holier than thou, folks still acknowledge that win as a true victory.....that alone serves as the basis as why i hate your school so much. i wish nothing but the worst of luck to everyone on the entire ba football team.

825745306[/snapback]

It is pretty clear that Wes was kidding. He even used a animated winking face after his post. Additionally the Clinic Bowl should have comforted you to the point of no hostility.

Why be so quick to "hate"?

Because CPA is a bunch of crybabies :D

825746992[/snapback]

I'd rather be accused or being a crybaby than prove I am an immature jerk like you with your posts.

Bottomline, stay on your MP forums if all you want to do is stir up hate among teams you don't care a thing about.

Edited by divepix

I'd rather be accused or being a crybaby than prove I am an immature jerk like you with your posts.

Bottomline, stay on your MP forums if all you want to do is stir up hate among teams you don't care a thing about.

825747052[/snapback]

If you read divepix's post, he says that MBA was a better team. I agree that those were 2 bad calls. These calls did not affect the outcome but they were bad calls.

BTW. The clock operator who stands on the sideline and is part of the officiating crew was slow to stop the clock all night.

Bottom Line. MBA played well and deserved to win. :thumb:

Since I was the first one (but not the only one) to make a comment about clock operations in this game, I should probably place a couple of footnotes to my original post, since I may have struck a nerve. Forgive me if I’m stating the obvious.

Whether ethically right or wrong, officials are known to have “makeup calls”, as in “We missed a call that would have favored Team A; we owe Team A something later on in the game” (usually done by not calling a penalty on Team A when one is committed, or perhaps giving Team A the benefit of the doubt when Team B commits a borderline infraction).

With that said, I am aware of how clocks are operated in high school games (a byproduct of having officials in the family for decades), so when I stated that the lack of penalty flags on apparent MBA penalties may have been the result of a “makeup call”, it was a makeup call for official mistakes, not for “home cooking” on the part of anyone associated with the home team.

I apologize if anyone was offended by my original comment, the intent of which may have been misconstrued. I think my track record speaks for itself in not having any qualms about CPA, its team, fans, etc. (and in fact, I think quite highly of the school). Nevertheless, when unnecessary description lines like “…refs a joke” are put in post topics, trouble usually ensues. Commenting about officiating is not a bad thing, and many times can be cathartic in getting over a game-changing call (see: MBA v. BA 2003), but those comments are probably better served in threads with games involving closer outcomes, not in threads where the margin was 24 points. Agreed?

Edited by rollredroll