can powell do it

pantherman17

Think I'm an idiot when I say Maryville has not been tested?  I know about all the hype laid upon Alcoa.  Like myself, the Maryville Red Rebels did not buy into it.  If Alcoa is a great team they did not in anyway test Maryville, the way Powell has in the past few years.

Reading the other posts on here I can tell you Maryville will not double up on any player, they don't have too with the defensive speed they have, staying in position and running to the ball, is and has been enough over the years.  I remember when Mr. Riggs, Red Bank came to town.  The Reb's did not treat him with any abnormal respect; they just did not over pursue or get out of position.  This game will be no different.

I expect a tough game for the Reb's and one that may be close till the final horn.  The team that makes the mistakes will lose.  I agree Hunt and the offence need to score some points.  Maryville will play ball control to keep Watts's hands off of it and will be blitzing all night to keep the heat on him.  Slowing the Powell passing game is key to a Maryville victory. Another key will be the field position the “D” and special teams advantage Maryville should have.  How is Powell’s special teams this year?  Powell had a pretty good punter years past but the FG area was a little weak IMO.

825747982[/snapback]

No offense, but I have to jump in on this one. The field goal area has been weak? What team have you been watching? The place kicker who graduated last year is kicking at Purdue this year. Tom Hansen set a school record from 57 yards last year. He actually made several long kicks against Maryville in his 3 years as the kicker at Powell.

It was the punting game that has been weak over the last couple of seasons.

This year the punting game is in good shape. The Panther punter is averaging right at 42 yards per kick.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well phs5 if your cody then jerk  a knot in his tail and tell him to act right off the field

and ill start a fan club for him.........lol

htv          jump right in buddy.........lol........im joking    i can have fun here because im not on the radio on fri nights!

825747978[/snapback]

well worry bout urself and ill worry bout my players and yeah i take offense to some1 doggin my best friend so if ur gonna talk bout some1 talk about them to lees or my face

oh no! :) ..............im agreeing with one thing rebelnation said    after i say it im going for therapy :D

so far the only thing smith has been d1 at has been his major leauge mouth

nuff said on that.....

825746384[/snapback]

robpride,

just so you know.... I happen to be very close freinds with Lee Smith's father, Daryle Smith, and when I told him about your remarks, his only comment was that you better be robpride from KY. If you are out in Powell, you better watch yourself. 6'6 326 is not a small man to be picking on his first born.

:thumb:

can(2-1) Powell panthers pull it off against (3-0) maryville rebels friday? Watts can tear them up but maryville's running back is capable of tearing powell up.

825745975[/snapback]

IF you think Watt's can tear marryville up with tuck, voto, smith jackson, kilebrew and cable in his face your crazy. he's got his little pressure vale lee but other than that maryville has got the panthers covered. We are more disciplined and more football knowladgeable. GQ can outcoach any coach in the state so expect a fight.

Marryville wins by 21.

robpride,

just so you know.... I happen to be very close freinds with Lee Smith's father, Daryle Smith, and when I told him about your remarks, his only comment was that you better be robpride from KY.  If you are out in Powell, you better watch yourself.  6'6 326 is not a small man to be picking on his first born.

:justwrestle:

825748206[/snapback]

Daryle knows people say stuff about lee, heck he says crap too him all the time about how he plays.

He wont put up with lees mouth, from what i have seen and Daryle has said to me.

You have to realize. Rob, the smiths, and I have known each other for about 10 or more years. We all grew up toghther(well robs kids i should say).

I think phs59(if you are watts), which i find hard to belive cause your posts are somtimes during practice hours. I wil say something to your face if you make our community look bad my not shaking hands and playing like your the only 1 on the team. watts is a heck of an athtete who can have a bad attitude. I wish you all the best but a little more game and a little less attitude you can beat maryville. let your skills talk not your mouths

No offense, but I have to jump in on this one.  The field goal area has been weak?  What team have you been watching?  The place kicker who graduated last year is kicking at Purdue this year.  Tom Hansen set a school record from 57 yards last year.  He actually made several long kicks against Maryville in his 3 years as the kicker at Powell.

It was the punting game that has been weak over the last couple of seasons.

This year the punting game is in good shape.  The Panther punter is averaging right at 42 yards per kick.

825748139[/snapback]

Thanks for correcting me on the Powell Kicking game. Maybe it was the punting that lacked the last few years and the FG's were strong, I watched allot of football and maybe I'm mistaken. Thanks for setting the facts straight HTV. If the SP teams are matched, that changes things in my mind. Maryville will have to bring the "A" game with no turnovers to beat the Panthers. Glad Maryville has this one at home.

Thanks for correcting me on the Powell Kicking game.  Maybe it was the punting that lacked the last few years and the FG's were strong, I watched allot of football and maybe I'm mistaken.  Thanks for setting the facts straight HTV.  If the SP teams are matched, that changes things in my mind.  Maryville will have to bring the "A" game with no turnovers to beat the Panthers.  Glad Maryville has this one at home.

825748610[/snapback]

No problem. Tom was all region in his last two years and did a great job during his time at Powell.

The Powell kicker now is Tom's younger brother, Robbie. He has a lot of potential and will be an outstanding kicker, too.

Robpride its not a fans job to try to fire up a player. Lee isn't the kind of kid who needs any help getting up. A fan has no right to try to talk to a player during a game and i cant say for sure that he did or didn't drop the f bomb but the fan "trying to get him fired up" was out of line as well. Let the players play the coaches coach and u guys go crazy from the stands.

825748208[/snapback]

unreal , kids thinking fans are so lucky to get to watch their greatness !! if the things that have been posted are true , then i wonder if there is an attitude problem there . a fan shouting encouragement towards a kid does not warrant an f bomb . kids not shaking hands after a game .... pitiful . you can win games and still be a loser . i agree with robpride for being offended by such action , when your a player , your representing that school and a bunch of those fans in the stands who wore that same uniform as you a few years earlier, and when you do things to make your school look bad , you also discredit all the players before you who have stepped on that field .

unreal , kids thinking fans are so lucky to get to watch their greatness !! if the things that have been posted are true , then i wonder if there is an attitude problem there . a fan shouting encouragement towards a kid does not warrant an f bomb . kids not shaking hands after a game .... pitiful . you can win games and still be a loser . i agree with robpride for being offended by such action , when your a player , your representing that school and a bunch of those fans in the stands who wore that same uniform as you a few years earlier,  and when you do things to make your school look bad , you also discredit all the players before you who have stepped on that field .

825748677[/snapback]

I could only wonder what would happen to a kid from maryville, should he show the wrong #1 Finger or not shake hands after a game as long as he was physically able.

These things do make the team look bad and promotes the idea one has no class.

And I agree "You can win games and still be a loser"! I think Maryville's "D" makes Mr. Watt's night long and forces some turnovers. This will be the deciding factor in the game IMO. That and field position.

robpride,

just so you know.... I happen to be very close freinds with Lee Smith's father, Daryle Smith, and when I told him about your remarks, his only comment was that you better be robpride from KY.  If you are out in Powell, you better watch yourself.  6'6 326 is not a small man to be picking on his first born.

B)

825748206[/snapback]

sooooooo im being threatened for my observations too! ........... nice!

Edited by robpride