OS vs Rockwood

Cookevegas3

Haynes ran well in the second half but during the first half he had some difficulty. He has impressive yardage but that will not hold up in the meat of the schedule with Alcoa, Loudon, and CAK. He will run well against RW, unless he is keyed upon and in that case O.S. will go to those lob passes they were practing in warm ups last Friday. They were not pretty but effective. That is what opened the run game up for OS. Those type passes also opened the run some for Coalfield, it was just too late and the runner was also the thrower.

Thus, Oliver Springs, though not awesome, has an effective game plan not doing anything extremely well, but enough of what it takes to get them through and probably to the playoffs.

825751445[/snapback]

As I stated, I agreed with most of what you said, But to say, and I quote "not doing anything extremely well" seems like a statement made from sour grapes more than fact, OS has a running back who as I stated has ran for over 150 yards or more in three straight games, you have to have an above average offensive line to accomplish this against 3 good opponents, a solid kicking game, most kickoffs are reaching the end zone, and all PATs made in three high scoring games, The defensive unit held one of the best backs in the area to under 40 yards in the Coalfield game, and if you take away the 80 yard run by Scott Co back he would have had about 100 yrds, not bad for another of the states top running backs. If OS does not do anything extremely well, how does that reflect on your Yellowjacket team that was beat by 23 points. I will also agree that the first half was a dogfight from both sides, but the second half belonged to the cats.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No sour grapes, just a statement of what I saw. I saw Coalfield put the stop to that running back several times in the first half. Finally, the defense wore down from having to be on the field for 32 minutes of 48 minutes. That tends to let backs get away with more than usual. Running backs can gain more yardage against a tired defense and I will submit that the Coalfield defense got tired in that game based on what I just stated. Had the time on the field been evenly divided between the D and O on the Coalfield side, he would have probably had a 100 yard game but compaired to the backs I have seen in the last, say, five years, that is not much. He is not to be compared to Michael Paul Gilbert, J. O'Toole, Midway; Gregory Way, Greenback; Daniel Norman, Coalfield or the Peardon boy that ran for Boyd Buchannan in the playoffs. Again, the tail of the yardage tape will be against Loudon, CAK, and Alcoa. I might be impressed if he gets that 150 yard gainer against those teams. I also watched him at Coalfield where he played little league, he is a good runner, just not a great one yet. He could be though, he is young.

The cats are consistent. Coalfield was not healthy with a 1300+ yard passer on the sidelines. That is what that game was about.

You will beat Rockwood as bad as you want to, as well as Wartburg and maybe Sweetwater. Let's wait on the meat though ok?

Edited by CYJacket

No sour grapes, just a statement of what I saw. I saw Coalfield put the stop to that running back several times in the first half. Finally, the defense wore down from having to be on the field for 32 minutes of 48 minutes. That tends to let backs get away with more than usual. Running backs can gain more yardage against a tired defense and I will submit that the Coalfield defense got tired in that game based on what I just stated. Had the time on the field been evenly divided between the D and O on the Coalfield side, he would have probably had a 100 yard game but compaired to the backs I have seen in the last, say,  five years, that is not much. He is not to be compared to Michael Paul Gilbert, J. O'Toole, Midway; Gregory Way, Greenback; Daniel Norman, Coalfield or the Pearson boy that ran for Boyd Buchannan in the playoffs. Again, the tail of the yardage tape will be against Loudon, CAK, and Alcoa. I might be impressed if he gets that 150 yard gainer against those teams.  I also watched him at Coalfield where he played little league, he is a good runner, just not a great one yet. He could be though, he is young.

The cats are consistent. Coalfield was not healthy with a 1300+ yard passer on the sidelines. That is what that game was about.

You will beat Rockwood as bad as you want to, as well as Wartburg and maybe Sweetwater. Let's wait on the meat though ok?

825751687[/snapback]

This could be debated forever, My response to you was about your statement that OS did "not doing anything extremely well" not a debate about our Running back and who you think are or have been good runners, thats just an opionion, but the stats he has put up so far are fact, and the offensive line was on the field just as long as your defensive line, which I gave credit to, but they were man handled in the second half by a offensive line that plays extremely well. Our offense must being doing something well, in order to keep your offense off the field for so long, you failed to address the kicking game or the fact that your team was beat soundly by a team that you think doesn't do anything extremely well, except to mention that your QB was hurt, thats part of HS football, your right about the upcoming schedule, but I still say that the first 3 games were against good teams, yours included. The debate was not about upcoming games, don't hate the bobcats and make excuses for your team and there defeats, the YELLOWJACKETS deserve better!!

I'm not debating facts. Facts cannot be debated, it is the nature of a fact. You took issue with my statement. It is my statement, I'm defending it. You're correct in one thing, this could go on forever. I made the statement that the Cats do not do one thing extremely well, they are consistent in what the do all the way around, and did it Friday night. Why is it that when one points out the problems the loosing team has it is making excuses? Fact: 1300 yard passer as a sophomore was out with a broken collar bone resulting in a one dimensional offense and causing a defense to be on the field more, Fact: Coalfield line D and O has to go both ways, with little opportunity to sub. Fact: Couple of other players were playing ill. Now, call them excuses, it has been my experience to the victor go the spoils. Have a good game Friday night.

As I stated the cats are consistent, and I will add have a little depth, and will beat Rockwood decisively. Is there anything you want me to say other than I was wrong? 'Cause that ain't gonna happen.

The ability to successfully execute play action passes, will be the difference. Running will be pivotal, but who completes the big pass will decide this game.    GO TIGERS!!!!

825751412[/snapback]

This statement to me is completly wrong....neither of the teams in qeustion is good enough for it to boil down to that....it is gonna be a plan and simply(like these teams) run or die trying.....RHS and OS just don't have the talent. Sorry to disagree.

This is a OS/Rockwood thread isn't it? Enough with the excuses, I'm sure Coach Kreis wouldn't appreciate them. Get well soon Johnny, your team needs you. Good luck to Coalfield down the roand. AND..............

GO BOBCATS!!!!!!

BTW- I LUV U #62!!!!!! and yes he plays both sides of the ball and still does a great job. #26 I hope you don't read the summation of your skills on here babe (from your Morgan county fan) just PLAY BALL & FOLLOW YOUR BLOCKERS!!!!!!

This is a OS/Rockwood thread isn't it? Enough with the excuses, I'm sure Coach Kreis wouldn't appreciate them. Get well soon Johnny, your team needs you. Good luck to Coalfield down the roand. AND..............

GO BOBCATS!!!!!!

BTW- I LUV U #62!!!!!! and yes he plays both sides of the ball and still does a great job. #26 I hope you don't read the summation of your skills on here babe (from your Morgan county fan) just PLAY BALL & FOLLOW YOUR BLOCKERS!!!!!!

825751857[/snapback]

Sorry mom, but put your emotions like love and all that stuff behind you and look at the situation with out emotions clouding your judgement. Otherwise, your arguement is no good. I said O.S. beats R.W. about as bad as they want to. Then you degrade me as being from Morgan County. Also, you say that Coach Kries would not appreciate the excuses. Man you just don't get it do you? Sounds like I'm on your side.

This IS a thread re: OS/RW I made my opinion known based on what I saw at the Coalfield game. That is what this board is for opinions. Those are numerous. It degenerated to a Coalfield/OS discussion from one of your fans who disagreed with what I said. I defended myself.

Again, since you have stepped in it, I would like for YOU to explain as to why problems, when mentioned for discussion, by a losing team are excuses? Sounds like your emotion is completely gone for a logical discussion. In circles where I come from it is called Saturday Morning Quarterbacking and is a common thing for discussion. There is nothing wrong with this discussion, it is poor winners that call it excuses. Google Sportsmanship and see the opinions on poor winners.

Finally, when you speak in a condescending term regarding Morgan Co. is that also directed to the citizens of the City of Oliver Springs that reside in the Morgan Co. Section as O.S. City Limits extend into Morgan Co.? When O.S. decides what County it is in you can then throw remarks.

Have a good evening.

Edited by CYJacket