OS vs Rockwood

Cookevegas3

I think have passed a little more than they would like to because they have fallen behind early in their 2 losses.  They prefer to run the football.  What is your take on the situation Waggle?

825751082[/snapback]

Someone please straighten something out for me, I am confused. Is WAGGLERT a cheerleader or a coach. I am getting conflicting posts and I don't understand this whole thing.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beware RW, OS does not do one thing well but enough stuff good enough to move the football. They will keep you honest with the passing game on a fade route to the end zone. The qb will put enough on it to lob in into the receiver to the outside of the playing field. Two players around him and it will fall into his hands. This opens the run game and it will be three up the middle with a cloud of dust. Defense will be spread, if you can't throw it the run will be stopped. They are not awesome but a solid football team that executes well.

Beware RW, OS does not do one thing well but enough stuff good enough to move the football. They will keep you honest with the passing game on a fade route to the end zone. The qb will put enough on it to lob in into the receiver to the outside of the playing field. Two players around him and it will fall into his hands. This opens the run game and it will be three up the middle with a cloud of dust.  Defense will be spread, if you can't throw it the run will be stopped. They are not awesome but a solid football team that executes well.

825751380[/snapback]

I agree with most of what you stated, except that they don't do one thing well, Running back Lynn Haynes has rushed for over 150 yards in 3 straight games, and even a 200+ yard game, in the Coalfield game, OS took posession of the ball with about 2.5 minutes remaining in the third Qrt, they marched downfield 80+ yards and consumed almost 13 minutes off the clock, for the last TD. I say that to make this point, the offensive line and defensive line do well.

Haynes ran well in the second half but during the first half he had some difficulty. He has impressive yardage but that will not hold up in the meat of the schedule with Alcoa, Loudon, and CAK. He will run well against RW, unless he is keyed upon and in that case O.S. will go to those lob passes they were practing in warm ups last Friday. They were not pretty but effective. That is what opened the run game up for OS. Those type passes also opened the run some for Coalfield, it was just too late and the runner was also the thrower.

Thus, Oliver Springs, though not awesome, has an effective game plan not doing anything extremely well, but enough of what it takes to get them through and probably to the playoffs.

Edited by CYJacket