Which High School Band do you like and why?

rockytoptn1

Check out Munford High School's awards on their website.  This band is ranked nationally and attends competitions Nationwide.  THE PRIDE OF TIPTON COUNTY!!

825747585[/snapback]

i will give it to them, munford does win due to size and sound...mostly because of sound. what happened to munford's percussion section last year. the last i heard, as the percussion captain of mcnairy central, they said at dyersburg that they had our number...but what happened there. no offense, i have a great deal of respect for yall. but houston is not as good as the credit that is given to them. what do yall think of mcnairy central's percussion section

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to eat some crow and brag on Oak Ridge's band.

I'm a big Oak Ridge supporter, but I'll have to disagreed. That stuff Oak Ridge plays goes back to the old days. The older fans may be able to relate to Queen but not these younger kids, I bet some don't even know who Queen is. I think the only people who pay attention to them are their parents, everybody else is going to the concessions.

That's part of the problem with this new generation today, something out past a week is considered old.

There's 3 bands I like watching.  Those 3 bands are Austin East, Chattanooga Brainerd, and Chattanooga Howard.  I mean these 3 bands struct their stuffs and really get the crowd into it.  They're more of a Hip Hop style band which relates to the high schoolers.  I want to see Chattanooga Tyner's band because I heard they were better then Brainerd and Howard's band.

825746599[/snapback]

From one person to another.......Tyner is not READY YET!!!!

I'll have to admit the Oak Ridge Band is better this year than they have been in the past but it will still take a long time to get them in the top! I will have to give a high 5 to the drum line and the improvement they have made. When I was in high school a million years ago being in the band was something to be proud of, I don't know that that is always the case now.

I am not sure I understand the black t-shirts of ORHS band, I can't understand why the can't wear school colors at least in their t-shirts.

I hope that the band continues to improve and that they will assist in instilling more pride to a GREAT Football program and Traditions! :thumb:

Check out Munford High School's awards on their website.  This band is ranked nationally and attends competitions Nationwide.  THE PRIDE OF TIPTON COUNTY!!

825747585[/snapback]

As far as bands go Munford is the best I've seen. At half time it almost makes me want to be a Cougar 'til I look at the scoreboard.

GO CHARGERS!!!!!! :thumb:

At least the band isn't playing opera like they have in the past. If the band director wants a concert band maybe we need two bands. A concert band and a marching band.

The black t-shirts say Queen on the back of them.

Also who ever heard of taking the third quarter off?

Nuff of this I'm back to football!!!! Bye