Pre-Season State Tourney Picks

ParisRiverRat

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also think that Jackson County will win four straight gold balls starting next year, so everybody better get them this year or they will be in for a lot of trouble.

Please don't talk like that, I don't think my heart can stand it ;)

BBALLTN, Be in Clarkrange Nov. 15 and we'll chat live ;)

your heart will be fine! i hear all the teams in 7a will forfeit to the mighty blue devils! so watcher you can rest easy now....LOL

What does everyone think? I want to here from ptguard12, especially about the Middle Tennessee regions...

WesCharge,

I won't be giving any State Tournament picks this early in the game, but I will post my Preseason Top 10 in 1A sometime around Sunday or Monday. Let me just say that this is the season for 1A basketball. So much talent, so many high quality teams, and the gold ball is definitely up for grabs (despite the fact that Clarkrange and Jackson County have already cleared space in their trophy cabinet for it).

Middle Tennessee is definitely the toughest part of the state this year with 2 of the 3 toughest districts in the state in 7A and 12A. West Tennessee is not far behind with the new alignments making District 14A probably either the toughest or 2nd toughest district in the state behind 7A (I haven't quite made up my mind yet, which district is the toughest). Even East Tennessee is sporting some quality teams, almost all of whom are in District 4A, but nevertheless, East Tennessee is looking stronger this year.

New district alignments, new teams, extremely strong freshman and senior classes, and no clear cut favorite for the gold ball will all help make this one of the most exciting 1A seasons in recent history.

WesCharge,

I won't be giving any State Tournament picks this early in the game, but I will post my Preseason Top 10 in 1A sometime around Sunday or Monday. Let me just say that this is the season for 1A basketball. So much talent, so many high quality teams, and the gold ball is definitely up for grabs (despite the fact that Clarkrange and Jackson County have already cleared space in their trophy cabinet for it).

Middle Tennessee is definitely the toughest part of the state this year with 2 of the 3 toughest districts in the state in 7A and 12A. West Tennessee is not far behind with the new alignments making District 14A probably either the toughest or 2nd toughest district in the state behind 7A (I haven't quite made up my mind yet, which district is the toughest). Even East Tennessee is sporting some quality teams, almost all of whom are in District 4A, but nevertheless, East Tennessee is looking stronger this year.

New district alignments, new teams, extremely strong freshman and senior classes, and no clear cut favorite for the gold ball will all help make this one of the most exciting 1A seasons in recent history.

:D Ptguard12, I always like to read your post, I think that your very accurate. But, I'll have to say that Jackson County and Clarkrange are both very excited with very excited fans but I'm sure that neither are underestimating this years competetion. I do agree that Single A will show a lot of talent and excitement this season. CAN'T WAIT! :ph34r:

Edited by powerplay

Whats the latest out of Gleason, Trenton, and Dresden..etc?

If Gleason is going to have another run at state, this is the year to do it. Having lost no one last year with Hudson, Auvenshine, Price, and Felts returning (among others), they'll be tough to beat. Trenton won't match up when it comes to region play, & Dresden lost everyone except the Dubriel girl. Gleason is the favorite.

I'm picking Perry County on top all year long!! They have two girls who have been basically unguardable for the last two years coming back. Then they have their point guard who has had a great improvement over the summer. They also have two great players in Kazeray Dabbs and Becca Leegan who have improved there skills and their ability to cope with the pressure. I'm liking Perry County to come home with the gold ball this year!!! :thumb:

I'm picking Perry County on top all year long!! They have two girls who have been basically unguardable for the last two years coming back. Then they have their point guard who has had a great improvement over the summer. They also have two great players in Kazeray Dabbs and Becca Leegan who have improved there skills and their ability to cope with the pressure. I'm liking Perry County to come home with the gold ball this year!!! :thumb:

I don't know these girls, and I'm sure that they are excellent players, BUT Coach Brown from Jackson County has taught his girls Defense and I GUARANTEE that they can guard you!!!!! Better work on a different stragedy.

Edited by powerplay

Don't overlook Union City in Gleason District this year.

I believe Gleason is the best team but everyone is talking about Union City and Gleason...I believe Lake Co is the best team to challenge Gleason..Lake beat Dyer Co last year and played Dresden tough in all their games last year..In one game Dresden had to come behind by about 10 points..I believe all the Dresden games were about 5 or 6 point games...The key for Lake Co will be if 6'1 Christian Clay comes back and if she does, will she be in shape..Clay missed most of the year last year and Lake will have probably have the fastest guard in the district in Chelsea Geanes...And two other players,Sarah Wallace,and Quennie Jordan both started last year as freshmen and should really have a good year ahead of them..Lake has as much talent as any team and can and will run with most of them...Their troubles in recent years have been outside shooting and free throw shooting..Clay,Wallace and Jordan can all shoot the 3 ball and Wallace is deadly at the line if she can have the ball in a close game...I look for a tough district this year...

I believe Gleason is the best team but everyone is talking about Union City and Gleason...I believe Lake Co is the best team to challenge Gleason..Lake beat Dyer Co last year and played Dresden tough in all their games last year..In one game Dresden had to come behind by about 10 points..I believe all the Dresden games were about 5 or 6 point games...The key for Lake Co will be if 6'1 Christian Clay comes back and if she does, will she be in shape..Clay missed most of the year last year and Lake will have probably have the fastest guard in the district in Chelsea Geanes...And two other players,Sarah Wallace,and Quennie Jordan both started last year as freshmen and should really have a good year ahead of them..Lake has as much talent as any team and can and will run with most of them...Their troubles in recent years have been outside shooting and free throw shooting..Clay,Wallace and Jordan can all shoot the 3 ball and Wallace is deadly at the line if she can have the ball in a close game...I look for a tough district this year...

And also...I'm not sure about Humbolt and South Fulton..South Fulton had a very good team last year and if a lot of them are back..I would put them up at the top...I saw Humbolt play Milan last year in the Christmas tournament and am pretty sure they lost their best two players,who went on to play college ball ,but I'm sure they'll be a force again this year being a bigger school with more to choose from